Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

Day 3 ... Still can't beat Onix ... :s I have 3 level 9 ground pokemon (Donphan / Derpface Stunfisk / Marowak) + Mega Mawile/Lucario ... And f*** it ! :D

Reactions: JES
Day 3 ... Still can't beat Onix ... :s I have 3 level 9 ground pokemon (Donphan / Derpface Stunfisk / Marowak) + Mega Mawile/Lucario ... And f*** it ! :D
What exactly is Onix doing that makes him so hard nigh-impossible to beat? If you can't even defeat him, let alone catch him with Mega Lucario, then what chance do I have?

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head
Yamask's thing isn't actually that bad since you can tap and hold to see what's under the black clouds. The stages end at Milotic right now for some reason though so no new Mega, and beating Milotic is not fun in the least. A combination of Mega Start Ampharos and Disruption Delay is incredibly useful though even then you have to get rid of the blocks at the top. Some say that using Feebas helps with that though I've had mixed results.

As for stuff between Mega Gengar and Onix that's good against Onix: Stunfisk, Whimsicott, Marowak, Leafeon and Floatzel are all there is. I've heard good things about Mega Mawile for Onix since Mega Lucario's ability (same as Mega Lopunny's) is pretty useless when Onix turns the middle two columns into iron blocks. That said I found using Disruption Delay and +5 Turns to be great for him. Onix has a ton of HP, so keeping disruptions out of the way so that you can actually get combos happening is a huge help.

When it comes to just catching things you've missed though, using the Great Ball trick for stages you've previously beaten is useful. Since the game doesn't save after you decide to use a Great Ball you can close the game immediately if a Great Ball fails and still keep the coins you would've lost otherwise. You still lose the heart you used but that's no big deal. This only works with the Great Ball and not other items you might have used though.

What exactly is Onix doing that makes him so hard nigh-impossible to beat? If you can't even defeat him, let alone catch him with Mega Lucario, then what chance do I have?
The disruption thing. And Mega Lucario is not so strong. Mega Mawile can do the job. And he has a lot of hit points

Mega gengar with letters swapped out to spell SATAN via anagrams spells SATAN!
Here's a list of the pokemon I can't sem to catch/S rank as I'm trying to get to yveltal to beat mega gengar.

Can't S rank so far:
Ivysaur
Ghastly
Espeon
Grovyle

Can't catch and S rank for my life/let alone do in the first place
Mega Ghost Satan
Blaziken
Zoroark (GO TO HELL ZOROARK!)
Raichu (this isn't a stage, it's a ice version of hell!)
Mega Mawile (I had to use my free disruption delay for this one)
Mega glalie
Everything else from the frozen stage onward.

Note that I am normally amazing at timed stages and have every expert stage pokemon done and caught from absol-swampert, minus rotom and articuno and blaziken.

Last edited:
I'm giving up on catching Articuno for now, because he either freezes my ass off, or he goes all "LOL, imma fly away now", and just refuses to be caught!

I can't believe I just wasted one of my jewels trying to get 5 turns to catch him! You'd think that'd be enough, but no!!! When the game can't freeze me, Articuno just finds some way to pop the fucking ball open!!! Even a Great Ball does next to nothing!!!

And I could almost swear that Articuno's reactions get faster every time I battle the damned thing!!!

I'm giving up on catching Articuno for now, because he either freezes my ass off, or he goes all "LOL, imma fly away now", and just refuses to be caught!

I can't believe I just wasted one of my jewels trying to get 5 turns to catch him! You'd think that'd be enough, but no!!! When the game can't freeze me, Articuno just finds some way to pop the fucking ball open!!! Even a Great Ball does next to nothing!!!

And I could almost swear that Articuno's reactions get faster every time I battle the damned thing!!!
I know those feels, I had to fight him like 6 tumes last night until I caught him. (For helping me beat dragonite) I believe the only games where I had a high catch rate were when the game said "no more moves reshuffling" and then proceeded to give me a freaking chance. At one point I was using the same 1 available row of pokemon to get matches over and over again until the RNG screwed that and shuffled everything where I then got to be able to beat it with like 10 seconds left.

Here's the team I used. Note that I ranked 33k for the lucario event and it seems that mega lucario would have sucked any way. (It's just a fighting type version of lopunny)

Mega mawile lvl 4
Lucario lvl 5
Moltres lvl 4
Aurorus lvl 3

I am telling you now, I still lost some games as the stage is hard, but it can be done.
And if you're wondering about moltres, let's just say I made sure to get every fire, water, and grass type starter expert stage pokemon I could to be sure I could beat some stages, and the water types just really helped with getting moltres.

Ps
If anyone can help me catch zoroark and then mega gengar that would be great.

Reactions: JES
I know those feels, I had to fight him like 6 tumes last night until I caught him. (For helping me beat dragonite) I believe the only games where I had a high catch rate were when the game said "no more moves reshuffling" and then proceeded to give me a freaking chance. At one point I was using the same 1 available row of pokemon to get matches over and over again until the RNG screwed that and shuffled everything where I then got to be able to beat it with like 10 seconds left.

Here's the team I used. Note that I ranked 33k for the lucario event and it seems that mega lucario would have sucked any way. (It's just a fighting type version of lopunny)

Mega mawile lvl 4
Lucario lvl 5
Moltres lvl 4
Aurorus lvl 3

I am telling you now, I still lost some games as the stage is hard, but it can be done.
And if you're wondering about moltres, let's just say I made sure to get every fire, water, and grass type starter expert stage pokemon I could to be sure I could beat some stages, and the water types just really helped with getting moltres.

Ps
If anyone can help me catch zoroark and then mega gengar that would be great.
I wish I remembered how I managed to catch Zoroark, but I know he was really instrumental in helping to beat Mega Gengar. I know at using Distruption Delay and +5 Moves also helped to beat Mega Gengar.

Does getting every EX stage starter include having to catch Blaziken? 'Cause I heard he is really hard to catch.

I wish I remembered how I managed to catch Zoroark, but I know he was really instrumental in helping to beat Mega Gengar. I know at using Distruption Delay and +5 Moves also helped to beat Mega Gengar.

Does getting every EX stage starter include having to catch Blaziken? 'Cause I heard he is really hard to catch.
I can't even beat blaziken in the first place and I have 4 water pokemon all with 66+ power and I can't beat him just 30 seconds WTF?!?!?
Also I don't have the coins for disruption delay and +5 moves! T_T

I never managed to beat Blaziken and I have 3 Ground Pokemon level 9 (Donphan, Stunfisk, Marowak) and 1 Rock Pokemon level 9 (Dragmara). No time for a Water or Ground or Rock Pokemon Mega Evolution (and they don't exist). DAMN YOU BLAZIKEN ! I have Water types like Suicune, Tortoise and Swampert but they're low level right now (and I don't think they'll be far better)

AND DAMN YOU ONIX ! One more turn and you were beaten and crap ... I was hesitating : Should I use a jewel or not ? And I didn't ... I hope I won't regret it

I am either incredibly tired (highly likely atm) or the following levels are blessed by Satan himself.
Bronzong
Entei
Suicune
Raikou
Blaziken
Mega Gengar
Mega Gengar
Mega Mawile
Mega Gengar
Heatran
Xerneas
Mega Gengar
Zoroark
Mega Gengar
Mega Mawile
And finally, despute me not even having unlocked this stage, Yveltal....Mega Gengar

Sorry to double post but I thought this was important enough to make into a separate post.

Ranks for completing levels don't appear to be score based, it appears to be based on amount of time/moves left when you complete a stage even if it doesn't give you any bonus points.

Let me tell you why it appears to be this way.

I am trying very hard to catch suicune, and after a day of not catching it I said screw this and bought +10 seconds via coins before hand (which if I go into those bonus last 10 seconds won't give me a bonus to the catch rate or score), and when I finish the battle I have 7 seconds left, and since those 7 seconds were from the bonus I bought it still counted as bonus time while not adding anything to my score. When the battle was over I still had a 1% catch rate with a sucky score, however I still got an S rank, which I had not gotten before, thus proving that ranks on a battle are dependant on time/moves left.

Just proved this again with grovyle, got a sucky score but since I had 6 moves left I still got an S rank, this now seems to prove that they're trying to make you pay your problems away. T_T

Last edited:
Items time (or +5 moves) don't add probability to catch, it's explained in the game. If you use a jewel, the added time/moves does count.

How to get a S rank ? Finish a stage with >50% of time/moves. Points doesn't count.

Example : Munchlax = 15 moves. If you have 8 moves left, S, if you have 7 moves left A ... If you have 4 moves left B, if you have 0 moves left C rank.

I thought it was clear in game ... ?

Items time (or +5 moves) don't add probability to catch, it's explained in the game. If you use a jewel, the added time/moves does count.

How to get a S rank ? Finish a stage with >50% of time/moves. Points doesn't count.

Example : Munchlax = 15 moves. If you have 8 moves left, S, if you have 7 moves left A ... If you have 4 moves left B, if you have 0 moves left C rank.

I thought it was clear in game ... ?
No, it never stated this at all.

Well, now you know :D The numbers could be wrong, but you got the idea ! :D
I capture all Normal / Special stages Pokemon, only missing Blaziken / Heatran / Xerneas / Yveltal / Mewtwo

Milotic is only catchable and do-able with Mega Ampharos bonus since the start

I capture all Normal / Special stages Pokemon, only missing Blaziken / Heatran / Xerneas / Yveltal / Mewtwo

I cannot for the life of me even get Xerneas to half health, same with blaziken and heatran. T_T

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is so addictive omg :( I started 24 hours-ish ago, level 105 currently. Only spent roughly 30 bucks on it because I justify that as an Australian I normally have to pay 60 bucks on Pokemon games, so if I like it, why not. 60 is the max tho, because under the justification system I'm not gonna spend anything else...

I has Rayquaza tho now and uh... level 7 Audino I think is my highest? So ya that's my progress today and yesterday (aka my weekend :3)

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I either finish too fast or finish too slow in Pokemon. I either have too much interest and will invest all my time to finish instantly or I don't have enough initial interest and it will take me literally months or years in some case. Let's hope they announce gen 7 as soon as I finish so I'll have something new imo.

Even that wasn't enough. I think I'm also going to need a disruption delay or +5 Moves just to beat the bitch, let alone catch her.

Definitely a good pick up and play game like someone mentioned. I mainly got it because it was free to download plus it fulfills my need to catching pokemon which in this game makes it heavily probability based compared to the main series. It'll be a good distraction til the next main game and or side game comes out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)