Pokemon Shuffle General Discussion

I'm torn on whether or not to even bother training Ho-oh. Power of 5+ is what Po5 should be already, and honestly it's a pretty shit ability because of how impractical it is to set up matches of five in the first place. Maybe more situationally useful for S-ranking stuff, but practically speaking I think Heatran is just fine. I guess maybe for timed stages...

Got the 2 Speeds Ups from the re Run of Giratina Escalation (Thanks for the advice Its_a_random). Took me for 4 days (25 stages / day), only used item for stupid Shaymim disruption at level 50/100. I have 55K gold left, back to Meowth while levelling Ho oh, Mega Medicham and some pokemons

...This makes absolutely so sense. When I was playing Lugia, really consistently my lv 5-6 mons nearly bring him down each time. use the same mons expect they are at lv 8 now,all 3 runs i had were all absolute shit, and doesn't bring him down like they did when they were lower lv. wtf is wrong with this game, i swear this game is rigged

G-G-G-Gothitelle... urghhh. I've given up on Shuffle until the next competition, and I'm going to hope it will be something effective against it. Too lazy to capture Banette, and Absol is too weak to be useful.

*checks Bulbapedia next day because I was lazy and didn't post*

Mega Gardevoir competitive stage incoming! Also we are getting Daily Pokemon #5, and the mobile version is getting Kyogre. Our daily Pokemon are Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Durant, Heatmor, and Maractus.

May I ask, how exactly does Slowbro's mega-effect work?
When matched it replaced the pokemon above it with another mega slowbro above all other mega slowbro, which in turn may or may not cause other matches, and I'm unclear if this is true or not, the new matches after the initial match, MIGHT cause this thing to go off again.

Caught all the three first daily Pokemon, nothing really interesting. Competition for Gardevoirite will be hard, none of my Steel (or Poison) types are really good ... Do you have tips for that ?
7 S-ranking left before unlocking the latest EX stages ...

Caught all the three first daily Pokemon, nothing really interesting. Competition for Gardevoirite will be hard, none of my Steel (or Poison) types are really good ... Do you have tips for that ?
7 S-ranking left before unlocking the latest EX stages ...
If you have either of the final Nidos, they do decent damage. My team right now is Mawile/Jirachi/Nidoqueen/Klefki, but only Jirachi and Nidoqueen really help. I'm going to try Gengar later on though.

Also, everyone is using Ditto again.

Only Gardevoir is the final one to S-rank !

I have Mawile (level 9), Dialga (level 9), Cobalion (level MAX) ,Bronzong (level 7) for Gardevoirite

I'm not sure that Mega Mawile is that good on Gardevoir, because it doesn't really do much to the disruptions. I've been trying Mega Blastoise and Mega Aerodactyl, getting around 12-13k each time itemless.

Mobile has an update out. I love the new feature where you can see only super-effective Pokemon!

In other news, I can't catch Lugia. My team is Mega Ampharos / Dedenne / Raichu / Regirock. I rarely finish it without Mega Start and failed to catch it with Great Ball a few times. :(

The competition stage is hell without DD allowed. It's basically a 1-min Blaziken, but neither Mega Aero nor Mega Blastoise are super effective. Fortunately, everyone else will be finding it just as difficult, except the Ditto cheaters.

The competition stage is hell without DD allowed. It's basically a 1-min Blaziken, but neither Mega Aero nor Mega Blastoise are super effective. Fortunately, everyone else will be finding it just as difficult, except the Ditto cheaters.
M-Aero and M-Wile are arguably the two best choices for the Gardevorite competition. Wile does SE damage, rips through multiple disruptions and forces the ones it misses to the bottom of the board. It also indirectly has the advantage of having a quick Mega effect, meaning that the skyfall just keeps on coming. Aero artificially extends your combos and does tremendous damage due to the sheer amount of disruptions it can remove. That said, I had not considered Blastoise but that might be a useful grenade for shattering disruptions. I had considered Audino for those Double Normal enthusiasts.

The one thing I am certain of, however, is that for once Gengar isn't remotely the best Mega choice for a timed competition.

As of now, 39k score has me the somewhere in the 600s for my rank. I'm expecting the speedup threshold this time to be somewhere around 32k.

I'm torn on whether or not to even bother training Ho-oh. Power of 5+ is what Po5 should be already, and honestly it's a pretty shit ability because of how impractical it is to set up matches of five in the first place. Maybe more situationally useful for S-ranking stuff, but practically speaking I think Heatran is just fine. I guess maybe for timed stages...
I'd actually argue that Ho-Oh is infinitely better than Heatran outside of timed stages (and even very, very slightly better in timed). While they both boast the same BP, Heatran will always at best do half the maximum damage Ho-Oh can, and only in the last 3-4 turns. While I would never go out of my way to trigger a 5-match unless it actually mattered/did lead into a good combo, you are more likely to get use out of its ability than Heatran's. Last Ditch Effort isn't even guaranteed to trigger in those final turns.

Last edited:
Yes, it's called Everyone.
Back to topic, my team for Mega Gardy will be Registeel, Crobat (I hope to Glob that it's ability is good for competitive stages or I'm screwed), and Klingklang, anyone else think this is a good idea?
If Poisonous Mist activates, it will do 0 damage due to Competition Stage Pokemon having infinite health. You should have been training Muk, Power of Four+ is a top-tier ability.

There's colour overlap between Klingklang and Registeel- if possible, you should use Cobalion or Jirachi over one of those two. Failing that, Nidoqueen offers the same base power and a different colour scheme from Muk/steels despite an inferior ability.

I'd actually argue that Ho-Oh is infinitely better than Heatran outside of timed stages (and even very, very slightly better in timed). While they both boast the same BP, Heatran will always at best do half the maximum damage Ho-Oh can, and only in the last 3-4 turns. While I would never go out of my way to trigger a 5-match unless it actually mattered/did lead into a good combo, you are more likely to get use out of its ability than Heatran's. Last Ditch Effort isn't even guaranteed to trigger in those final turns.
After further consideration I ended up training Ho-oh as I came up with the same conclusions, and especially because it makes Pyre teams phenomenal for timed stages (Delphox, M.Blaze, Ho-oh, Heatran). It's still going to suck but it's the same argument as using Yveltal over Darkrai against ghost-types, at least its ability can proc.

If Poisonous Mist activates, it will do 0 damage due to Competition Stage Pokemon having infinite health. You should have been training Muk, Power of Four+ is a top-tier ability.

There's colour overlap between Klingklang and Registeel- if possible, you should use Cobalion or Jirachi over one of those two. Failing that, Nidoqueen offers the same base power and a different colour scheme from Muk/steels despite an inferior ability.

After further consideration I ended up training Ho-oh as I came up with the same conclusions, and especially because it makes Pyre teams phenomenal for timed stages (Delphox, M.Blaze, Ho-oh, Heatran). It's still going to suck but it's the same argument as using Yveltal over Darkrai against ghost-types, at least its ability can proc.
I don't have Cobalion. T_T I do however have Jirachi but it's at lvl 1. Here are my poison/steel types I can use in place of Crobat. Nidoqueen, Aegislash, Dialga, and Steelix, they're all maxed out. Should I use nidoqueen in place of crobat as it has power of 4?

I don't have Cobalion. T_T I do however have Jirachi but it's at lvl 1. Here are my poison/steel types I can use in place of Crobat. Nidoqueen, Aegislash, Dialga, and Steelix, they're all maxed out. Should I use nidoqueen in place of crobat as it has power of 4?
Using Dialga is a given, it's the only 80BP SE Pokemon for this stage. Assuming you're using Mawile, Dialga, Nidoqueen and Steelix/Aegislash would be a good setup. If you're using Aerodactlyl that works too. If you're opting to go with Blastoise, then you'd want to use Dialga/Aegislash/Steelix with it.

Really, this all assumes you can't hold combos well in timed stages. You should always be prioritising BP and colour-coding over abilities: abilities only make up for when you drop a combo, which is why abilities like Crowd Control are top-tier for picking up without too much loss.

So, this week's content.

Tornadus as a new "once-a-day" stage (joy), Base 70 Flying type, Power of 5+. Starts with most of the center two rows behind barriers.

Safari returns. It's the Electrike line, Darumaka line, and Stantler. "Magic" team is Gengar + 2 Ground types.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manectric Safari repeat is a good thing imo especially since it allows people like me who missed it the first time to get it. It is also foreshadowing as it means that we are very likely to get a Manectite competition repeat starting Friday or next Monday which again is good for me since I missed those. In four delves I already have Stantler and Electrike so Darumaka, Darmanitan, and Manectric to go.

Tornadus at least provides something new but it is a great challenge and it is once a day only... My Mega Start + DD + Atk ↑ run was pretty bad and I failed to catch it after four Great Balls... Yay for Great Ball home trick.

And I also landed a Gardevoirite after finishing in the top 9000 in EU. The mega at least evolves fast but that effect is not very good. >_>

For anyone who hasn't tried yet, recommend Avalugg for Tornadus if you're not using a Mega Start, since it's a SE Barrier Bash mon for the starting ice.

Reactions: JES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)