Other Pokemon: Smogon OU Version 2 (Route Nine (After Ice Mountain))

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of getting the potential Megas (particularly the ones nonviable in their base form) was to have a Safari Zone area, with the explanation that one people found out about their Mega Stones, the owner began importing them, and keeps them in the Zone for their own safety, while allowing those who have the Mega Ring have the option of catching and using them

...that sounds sorta cool actually. be like a mega stone catching mini game.

If I remember correctly, y'all were thinking about Zarel giving out Meloetta, so that might be an option. We could also do Mew, since it fits onto so many teams (well, less with Sable out there) and it's not a stretch to incorporate Megas into its lore given it's the ancestor of all Pokémon. (Yes, even you, Arceus. I send my prayers to MEW, not you, thank you very much.)

Or maybe Diancie? It's certainly Mega-related, and we could rework the miner's Mega Stone event to come a bit earlier (not right now tho) and be mandatory and important.

If I remember correctly, y'all were thinking about Zarel giving out Meloetta, so that might be an option. We could also do Mew, since it fits onto so many teams (well, less with Sable out there) and it's not a stretch to incorporate Megas into its lore given it's the ancestor of all Pokémon. (Yes, even you, Arceus. I send my prayers to MEW, not you, thank you very much.)

Or maybe Diancie? It's certainly Mega-related, and we could rework the miner's Mega Stone event to come a bit earlier (not right now tho) and be mandatory and important.
The little mega stone safari could in fact get its supply of stones from the miner. I think it was Creator of Chaos who did the mega stone lady originally (actually it was. Go Index!) and guess ask if it could be alright to incorporate her in this way.

EDIT: Welp, nvm then (points to post below this)

Last edited:
I didn't mean the mega stones, I meant the mons themselves, like Beedrill and Pidgeot.

Well, what I was possibly thinking was that once you catch a mon, you show it to a person in the area, and then he/ she then gives you the mega stone

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
estralita i like your idea, but i think it needs to go a bit bigger than being restricted to mons that are viable only as megas. So when you enter first time, someone will tell you that you can only take some mons if you have their respective mega stones, and a notice would say the same. So we should have viable mons in the safari as well.
Phione i was doing Zarel bit in last town, but it got crowded by other events so it'll be in this town, and Melloeta was decided by other guys, it's still rather undecided and i'll go with whatever you guys decide.

Speaking of Legendaries
Does Team Luck Sack care about them in terms of "Legendaries are overpowered" or something or more like "I can use whatever I want"?
If it is the second one, I would suggest to introduce Thundurus with the following:
It was weakened by battle or got tired from his flight and has been found by TLS who want to catch it to abuse their SwagPlay "Stragety".

This is the moment you have to safe the Ruler of Lightning who does not want to use his powers for this kind of bullshit.
Possibly introducing the Gym Leader Champ who owns 2 Members of the Team with his Mega Pokemon and sees potencial in you for being worthy to use such power. While I don't think that it would be a good senario for him to hand you out a Mega Ring + Mega Stone.

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
i think that the mega ring should be given to us by some researcher/scientist kind of nerd, and yeah TLS' stand on legendaries is "Legendaries are overpowered"

If I had recalled we had also had a miner in the Dogars City (or Town) that was giving some Mega Stones based on the advancement in the story (like Diancite I know for certainty). I like the idea of making em a boss, but idk. Could get really clogged up later down the line (we got a lot of potential megas lined all together on some routes).
I doubt it, we've got Electrike waaaaay back in Ordland warehouse, Charmander in Mt. Dogers, Bulbasaur and Squirtle in the early routes, and Swabby and Sceptile right outside of Mega City (temporary name). As far as I remember, the miner only gives Dancite, which makes some sense because Dancie is a legendary and probably will have her own side dungeon or something. I think this idea actually works really well for splitting up the megas. The only one I'm slightly worried about is gyarados, because he's pretty much only catchable via fishing and I really don't want him to be a random encounter...

Maybe make him the first mega stone we give to the player?

On an unrelated note, we should probably make the move relearner here if we haven't introduced him already.

SparksBlade I think it would be rather anti-climatic for the mega ring to be given to us by some random researcher. Megamons are badass, they need a badass entrance.

SparksBlade

Community Leader
stones are badass, megas are badass, but the ring kind of feels genius rather than badass. Also i've not played xy/oras, neither keeping with the anime, but will one ring work for only one guy, like i and web can't use only 1 ring in turns?

In XY you get it from one of the gym leaders while in ORAS you get it from the Champ himself both with a pretty useful Pokemon that can Mega Evolte like Lucario or Lati@s.
So I guess somebody with understanding of Mega Evolution in battle should be handing them out IMO.

I'm fine if there are the other viable potential mega mons. What I said was more about addressing things like how a Beedrill would be safe in a land of OU Pokemon.

SparksBlade

Community Leader
salemance and webbowser are busy with irl stuff, so salemance asked me to compile a list of everything that's viable but yet to be made available. I made 3 lists:

1) A general list of mons---> http://pastebin.com/1BiTkLkh
2) Mons who're only viable as megas, and will go to estralita 's safari zone---> http://pastebin.com/VhYvuWEi
3) Mons who have either been decided with, or for whom plans have been made---> http://pastebin.com/vXHzJrVh

heatran and entei will be later available when we go back to the volcano
diancie has had the cave thing for it
rotom and melloeta/mew(or something else) will be given in the zarel story.

For now i suggest you discuss what you want from zarel(NOBODY CONTACT HIM FOR REAL PLEASE)

I'm fine if there are the other viable potential mega mons. What I said was more about addressing things like how a Beedrill would be safe in a land of OU Pokemon.
I actually had an idea on the previous page for how to address that

My idea for megamons is to have them patrol routes where their unevolved counterparts live in, but still appear on the overworld like your typical legendary. When you engage them, you will find your "opponent" already mega evolved and a solid 10 levels above the rest of the wild mons there (or in the case that it appears in a low level route, we'll bump it up to whatever the level needs to be to fully evolve). When you catch one, you'll find it in its un-mega'd form holding the mega stone. Unlike your typical legend though, these guys respawn, so you can fight them as many times as it takes (and get some sweet EV training while you're at it). Most mons that can mega evolve are really awful, so we could say that the only reason why these mons are even present in Smog Smog is that they have these badasses protecting them as the story justification for this.
I think it resolves the issue rather nicely, don't you think? After all, one mega mon with a level advantage can wreck even the best OU mons all day and night, so it makes sense.

Also, tyvm for the lists Sparks, it's been getting kinda difficult remembering everything we've introduced up til now.

The random route boss could be cool, just I think it will need some sort of, whats the word, alert for when its there like as if it was a roaming thing, cause it being there all the time seems a bit odd.

The random route boss could be cool, just I think it will need some sort of, whats the word, alert for when its there like as if it was a roaming thing, cause it being there all the time seems a bit odd.
Any particular reason why you would find it odd? Legend's are typically hanging out wherever they appear 24/7, and I've always found roaming legends to be a royal pain in the rear (not to mention easily exploited).

What I find slightly odd is that every time Mega's are brought up in the games, it's always with a trainer. That's why you need the mega ring as well as well as the mega stone ( okay, its because they want to limit when you can mega evolve) but still the implication is that Wild Pokemon don't mega evolve. I haven't gotten Alpha Sapphire yet, though, so I could be wrong. We could also change it too, but just bringing it up

Also when you brought up how to place Gyaradosite, I think I heard it suggested somewhere that the Magikarp the Magikarp Salesman gives out could hold it.

Any particular reason why you would find it odd? Legend's are typically hanging out wherever they appear 24/7, and I've always found roaming legends to be a royal pain in the rear (not to mention easily exploited).
Ment like i would think of it similar to timed event where it happens at key points a day till recieved, similar how one originally got the stones in XY. Yours is still fine though as i think im over thinking it

SparksBlade

Community Leader
Personally i don't like the idea that wild pokemon mega evolve by themselves. Every mega evolution is triggered by a strong bond between trainer and pokemon(mewtwo's movie case is an exception, and ray's case is a bit stretch of the explanation).

ok, anybody remember Yancy, from Nimbasa Town? I think since we seem to running short of space to introduce a lot of things, we can let Yancy handle a few things, like few mons, mega stones etc. Could be in next town, and i write about her character. So what do you guys think?
And i still haven't seen any discussion of what you want from zarel :(

Actually, no I do not remember Yancy. Care to remind me who she is?

As far as mons megavolving by themselves, I just think it'd be more fun from a gameplay standpoint. Catching legendaries after a long battle makes it feel all the more epic when you finally get to send out said legend into battle, and megamons are on par with legendaries (both in terms of power and in canon standing). I just think it would be more fun then having random people just give you the stones. Not entirely sure how to address the whole "pokemon need their trainers to mega evolve" thing without outright handwaving it though.

As for making them appear at certain times of day, that would certainly make sense. For example, we could have megazard-y (because drought) appear during the day and megazard-x (because dark blue color) appear at night.

As for making them appear at certain times of day, that would certainly make sense. For example, we could have megazard-y (because drought) appear during the day and megazard-x (because dark blue color) appear at night.
I thought the idea of the game was to train the player as they go in competitive battling. I don't remember (back when I didn't do competitive battling) waiting around in certain areas for certain times of the day. I just played the game as it came to me. By extension, I don't think we should make players have to wait around in areas for certain objects.

Not entirely sure how to address the whole "pokemon need their trainers to mega evolve" thing without outright handwaving it though.
I'm thinking we make the player "the chosen one who will be able to establish order in the poke-verse" or we say that mega-stones are now mass-produced to enhance battles.

We could even throw in an NPC who explains that once it was found that the majority weren't broken, they were mass-produced.

I thought the idea of the game was to train the player as they go in competitive battling. I don't remember (back when I didn't do competitive battling) waiting around in certain areas for certain times of the day. I just played the game as it came to me. By extension, I don't think we should make players have to wait around in areas for certain objects.
Fair enough. I was just throwing out ideas more then anything else.

I'm thinking we make the player "the chosen one who will be able to establish order in the poke-verse" or we say that mega-stones are now mass-produced to enhance battles.

We could even throw in an NPC who explains that once it was found that the majority weren't broken, they were mass-produced.
I'd rather avoid any cliche "chosen one" BS, that's been done to death at least 5 times over by now. The latter makes some sense though.

I just think having to go all around the region, having to catch the megas on top of catching viable legendaries, seems like a lot of hassle. There are 48 Mega Pokemon, and most of them are viable in OU

I'd rather avoid any cliche "chosen one" BS, that's been done to death at least 5 times over by now. The latter makes some sense though.
We could do it for fun (like a parody), but yeah if we want this to be serious then you're right; it's best to ditch it.

As stated, im just not really a large fan of making wild mega evos as it doesnt make sense in game to me as stated by others and i think it would be best maybe to do something along the lines of mass producing the stones since everyone needs em.

The little mega stone safari could in fact get its supply of stones from the miner. I think it was Creator of Chaos who did the mega stone lady originally (actually it was. Go Index!) and guess ask if it could be alright to incorporate her in this way.

EDIT: Welp, nvm then (points to post below this)
I have no problems changing timelines concerning our shiny loving mega-stone lady if need be. Afterall this whole theoritcal game is a work in progress so things are subject to change. So if you guys want Mega-Diancie to come earlier I'm sure we can work it out (Like before the final battle with TLS if thats whats being implied).

Anyway i was gonna post something for route 7 but its already filled up So I'll wait till the next route or Town to do it. (It involves a shady NPC trying to Trade pokemon that are not just currently unviable but are acutally blacklisted from debate because they have no hope of being viable due to the existence of other pokemon. Long story short after witnessing him scam a kids Sylveon for a Florges You step in. if you defeat this NPC you'll get to meet a member of OU viability council and get rewarded a sludge bomb TM. But I'll flesh it out when the time comes)

PS: sorry I've been away from the thread for awhile been busy working and by the time I get home I just wanna play showdown or do warhammer but I have a bit more time now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)