Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
b-but dragon/bug is being saved for mega flygon right guys,,,

with any luck it'll retain the bug/water typing. I'm almost expecting the spider to be electric tbh

EDIT: to clarify, I mean water/electric for spider

Last edited:
I don't think the Spider Pokemon will be water type. It's based off of a germ more than a spider. The bubble around it's head resembles an astronaut helmet and it's eyes make it look like it has some sort of psychic or electronic ability. I can see it being a Psychic/Bug type or a Psychic/Poison, maybe even Posion/Electric type.
I hope Wimpod stays bug/water. It's a really good type.

I don't think the Spider Pokemon will be water type. It's based off of a germ more than a spider. The bubble around it's head resembles an astronaut helmet and it's eyes make it look like it has some sort of psychic or electronic ability. I can see it being a Psychic/Bug type or a Psychic/Poison, maybe even Posion/Electric type.
You ever see a diving bell spider.

It's a diving bell spider

there's images of them that are dead wringers for them

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Any hopes that they add more pokemon later on into the game, sorta like a "DLC"? I know they've never done it before (not even sure if it's possible), but one can only hope after seeing so many incomplete mons screaming for evolutions...

Any hopes that they add more pokemon later on into the game, sorta like a "DLC"? I know they've never done it before (not even sure if it's possible), but one can only hope after seeing so many incomplete mons screaming for evolutions...
Technically no, we can never cross out the possibility of DLC

but i highly, highly doubt it. they didnt even bother adding the ORAS megas to XY

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My argument is the same as always: If they had planned for that, they would not have left Marshadow and Magearna in. As far as we know, those are event Pokémon. Had Game Freak planned for the ability to add Pokémon to the games via DLC, they would have been consistent on it, and not have event content pre-loaded in the games. Rather, they seem to go for the complete opposite, adding all the Pokémon they plan to distribute later (and then some, *coughFloette-Ecough*), before the games ship.

If it turns out both Magearna and Marshadow can be encountered in-game via legit means, I'd be more inclined to believe in patched Pokémon. But for the time being, it looks like they've got everything they wanted in the code already.

OK, this is a new generation with new possibilities and all (that was what they said pre-XY too), but the actual hardware for the games remains the same. I think Game Freak would at least wait another console generation before truly opening up for DLC.

One thing I want to know is that if Komala has no evolution (it likely won't, considering that if a supposed evolution were in the full game, then there would've been an image in the demo), how will its stats be arranged? From its design it looks to be another Delibird/Luvdisc and be super weak in pretty much anything, but I really don't want that to be the case.

At least the ability would be good in Almost Any Ability/Balanced Hackmons.....

One thing I want to know is that if Komala has no evolution (it likely won't, considering that if a supposed evolution were in the full game, then there would've been an image in the demo), how will its stats be arranged? From its design it looks to be another Delibird/Luvdisc and be super weak in pretty much anything, but I really don't want that to be the case.

In one trailer I remember seeing it OHKO an Electabuzz the same level as it, so it might not be as weak as it appears.

They've been pretty good since around gen 4 in making sure pokemon don't go the way of Luvdisc & Delibird in terms of being Objective Trash. Most single staged pokemon since then hover around the mid 400s in terms of BST unless you're a late game beefy dude in which case you're probably in the area of 500 (but not quite). The lowest has been Pachirisu with 405, but both Emolga & Dedenne had more than that.

Dedenne is bad, but it's still leagues above Delibird. Komala will at least have a neat ability and probably a wide move pool.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader

It would probably be outclassed by Magic Guard anyways

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Why? Magic Guard doesn't prevent burn/paralysis stat drops, full paralysis, or freeze.
Well, as far as I remember most Magic Guard mons are special so burn doesn't matter much (Depends if it's those metas bc then anything could get it(But then Guts would probably comes as more usefull to take advantage of the negative stats)). Totally forgot about para tho (It's getting a nerf but it's still relevant)

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
The problem with the idea of some of the UBs being event exclusive is that Magearna seems to come after the UBs in the dex (but before Marshadow). Since Magearna will be available at launch (Japanese fans already have the QR code) I can't see them ordering the dex in such a way that players will have random gaps in the Pokedex for ages and not know what's supposed to go there (because unrevealed/unreleased) or how to get it. It's why the event Pokemon always just slot in at the end of the dex.
Well, I might be misremembering , but I believe there was some "controversy" of that kind back when Genesect was made available before Meloetta. For unspoiled players, that is.

As for the Ultra Beasts, I actually don't think we'll see all 8 upon release. Gen VII has only two event legendaries (Magearna and Marshadow), which is rather few compared to previous generations (3 in Gen VI, not counting Floette-E; and 4 each in V and IV, not counting BW Zorua, Spiky-eared Pichu or Phione). It would make sense for a couple of Ultra Beasts to be event exclusive too. Or maybe the back catalog of event exclusive Pokémon is now so big that they're reluctant to add more? Or - edited in later - that Ash-Pikachu serves as an event Pokémon for all practical purposes, bringing the total up to 3.
We know there is an additional form to Magearna. It's always possible to add additional Pokemon as DLC with a patch (they haven't done so yet).

We may see the release of Floette-E as an event Pokemon and we've got Ash Pikachu. That leaves 4 tangible future distributions (Second Magearna, Marshadow, Floette-E, and Ash-Pikachu). It wouldn't be quite the same as new Pokemon, but it could tide us over for a while. Plus there are shiny event Pokemon that haven't been distributed outside of Japan (or ever in some cases).

Well, I might be misremembering , but I believe there was some "controversy" of that kind back when Genesect was made available before Meloetta. For unspoiled players, that is.
Genesect was a WiFi distribution for BW2. Meloetta was distributed afterwards but had been revealed earlier. I've suspected it was a marketing decision to get the US/Europe into the global release schedule. BW2 were released in 2012, but in Japan in June and US Europe in October. XY were out in October in all regions.

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The only "controversy" I can think coming of that is Meloetta never got her own movie, just a Pikachu Short and an arc in the anime.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Hey! I think I MIGHT have discovered something. I was looking through the leaked images when I noticed something odd: Silvally has a white outline around it. I then noticed the Pokemon around it didn't have this "aura" so I decided to check certain Pokemon. Sure enough, the Legendaries and Ultra Beasts have this white aura. Specifically both Zygarde Formes, Type: Null, Silvally, the Island Guardians, Cosmog, Cosmog2, Solgaleo, Lunala, Ultra Beasts, Magearna, and Marshadow. Not sure if this meant anything or not.

Hey! I think I MIGHT have discovered something. I was looking through the leaked images when I noticed something odd: Silvally has a white outline around it. I then noticed the Pokemon around it didn't have this "aura" so I decided to check certain Pokemon. Sure enough, the Legendaries and Ultra Beasts have this white aura. Specifically both Zygarde Formes, Type: Null, Silvally, the Island Guardians, Cosmog, Cosmog2, Solgaleo, Lunala, Ultra Beasts, Magearna, and Marshadow. Not sure if this meant anything or not.
It could just be a little visual flourish, to create a sense of power radiating off of them. It's tough to say, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)