Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep in mind that apricorn balls have been programmed into the previous two generations despite being inaccessible. It's likely just there to preserve HGSS Pokeball Pokemon having the right ball. I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing this person did with HGSS / Dream / Cherish balls in XYORAS.
there is a Johto Tent in SM I know. So we can only hope the tent can make Apricorn Balls or something lol
What tent are you referring to? Do you have an image or other source you can share for clarification.

In that case, all I can say is I'm glad you weren't ninja'd. :D

And 'Welcome to Smogon', I guess. :D
Haha, right?
That would be funny for me to create an account just for that to happen.

And thank you. I thought I made an account years ago, but I guess not because none of my emails show up as a user.

Please keep in mind that apricorn balls have been programmed into the previous two generations despite being inaccessible. It's likely just there to preserve HGSS Pokeball Pokemon having the right ball. I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing this person did with HGSS / Dream / Cherish balls in XYORAS.

What tent are you referring to? Do you have an image or other source you can share for clarification.
I think they are referring to this roster of items available for purchase in festival plaza:

Festival Stuff.png

Notice the various Region-themed sets? That said, yeah, Apricorn Balls are likely still unobtainable.

The person who reposted the image said that Apricorn Balls were coded in Gen 5 and 6 to not be useable by the player, though, thus preventing something like that screenshot to happen.

Is this true?

am i the only one who sees this akin to the monkeys of this generation? like they dont share colors, have different claws, different mouths, etc. what makes people think it's an evolution? im all for the crabrawler to evolve, but i just don't see it between the two above. perhaps i'm missing something.

am i the only one who sees this akin to the monkeys of this generation? like they dont share colors, have different claws, different mouths, etc. what makes people think it's an evolution? im all for the crabrawler to evolve, but i just don't see it between the two above. perhaps i'm missing something.
what? they share almost all of their colors, the big one just has a coat of white added on. they also have the same stance, are both four-legged crabs, and the furry one is bigger and comes after crabrawler in the dex.

There are much, much bigger differences between some Pokémon.

Just by looking at them, with ZERO context, can you honestly say you'd think Exeggcute evolves into Exeggutor?

There are a plethora of other Pokemon with similar "extreme" evolution differences.

what? they share almost all of their colors, the big one just has a coat of white added on. they also have the same stance, are both four-legged crabs, and the furry one is bigger and comes after crabrawler in the dex.
the blue is lighter, the purple is darker, and the white just doesnt make sense to me. the dex thing makes sense though.

the blue is lighter, the purple is darker, and the white just doesnt make sense to me. the dex thing makes sense though.
I see what you mean.
Just out of curiosity though, what typing do you think has if it is a counterpart, rather than an evolution?

I believe it's likely ice/fighting.
I don't think we have too many "counterpart" Pokémon that share types.
Well, one set that comes to mind is Scyther and Pinsir, sharing bug of course.
I'm sure there are more, so I can see your point.

they're still blue/purple/yellow crabs, though. the white part on the second is cause its based off a yeti crab (and secondarily the yeti from the old rudolph the red-nosed reindeer specials) rather than a coconut crab like crabrawler.

It's just been confirmed that the ghost-type z-move Gengar used was the standard, as Mimikyu was scene using it in this video at 0:37
Also a new z-move at 0:50 (I think)
Two things. First, that freakin' adorable song accompanied by an equally adorable Fairy Z-Move. Second, I love how Mimikyu's cry sounds like it's trying to squeak out "Pikachu". This thing is just too goddamn precious!

I see what you mean.
Just out of curiosity though, what typing do you think has if it is a counterpart, rather than an evolution?

I believe it's likely ice/fighting.
I don't think we have too many "counterpart" Pokémon that share types.
Well, one set that comes to mind is Scyther and Pinsir, sharing bug of course.
I'm sure there are more, so I can see your point.
Scyther and pinsir, solrock and lunatone, sawk and Throh, they do it often enough. I think because of his size, legs and hair that it's an evo

Scyther and pinsir, solrock and lunatone, sawk and Throh, they do it often enough. I think because of his size, legs and hair that it's an evo
Yeah, they do.
My tired brain didn't feel like thinking past gen 1. Lol.

EDIT:
I would be astounded though if it wasn't an evolution.
While all of those counterparts share a typing, they don't really look like each other, even though though they kind of do. If that makes sense, also barring Scyther and Pinsir, because they look nothing alike.

They did a trailer just for Mimikyu? I don't know how to feel about it...
It's probably to tie in with the Mimikyu event site they're setting up for Halloween this year. They do these kind of things periodically (last year was all about spooky ghost types and had Junji Ito involved, earlier this year we had a little magikarp event, the machamp event etc)

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think with the way they're designed, it can go either way for whether or not Crabrawler and the yeti crab thing are part of the same evolution family. They're similar enough but they're also kind of dissimilar.

It's probably to tie in with the Mimikyu event site they're setting up for Halloween this year. They do these kind of things periodically (last year was all about spooky ghost types and had Junji Ito involved, earlier this year we had a little magikarp event, the machamp event etc)
That reminds me, did we ever get to see that super creepy Pokémon manga from that guy?

Just going to comment on the UBs for a second and try to reconcile their appearance.
  • Given there's a UB Ball for them, we can assume they are, at least in some capacity, catchable.
  • Only Pokemon have ever been shown to be catchable thus-far, barring anime gags.
  • UBs are said to be from another dimension.
  • It's a not-uncommon theme in scifi that beings from other dimensions have trouble taking form in our reality, frequently needing to take the form of something nearby.
Hypothesis: The UBs are Pokemon forcibly-pulled from another dimension as part of the plot. As a result of that, they are unable to maintain their appropriate forms, needing to imprint the forms of something nearby in order to stabilize themselves when they first come here. It's no stretch of the imagination to imagine that important NPCs would be nearby when they are pulled through the veil, such as the professor's assistant (UB-01), the Aether Foundation leader (UB-02 Beauty), or Team Skull's leader (the cable monster). The big, green tent-thing could have imprinted the form of the most noticeable thing in the immediate vicinity: a big, green tent. The odd, starburst-shaped one coloured gold and silver could be based on the symbol for something, similar to the Legend and Voltage badges.
For the other three... I have absolutely no clue.
It's just an idea, but I tried.

UB could be the new Mega Evolution ... You can only have one UB = an Ultra beast pokemon with huge base stats typing ability etc... And in game, you only have one Ultra Beast Ball !

Am I the only one being driven insane by the crown of thorns starfish, the bell spider and the anchor? I just want to know what the hell they are, even if they don't release the evos in official materials before launch. Most of the other mons I've formed an opinion on but those three are, uh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)