Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
By the way, folks, please tone down the speculation a little. We have no idea if there will even be a Fire Terrain or Ghost Terrain, so guessing around their details is a little too unfounded. I've deleted a bunch of posts basically wishlisting for terrain effects. After all, this is Rule 2 of Orange Islands:

The Rules said:
Only discuss released or announced aspects of games, anime, and manga.
  • Do not post "wishlist" threads (e.g. "What abilities do YOU want to see in Gen 7?")
  • Do not post PC++ threads like "What is your favorite/least favorite _____?"
  • When discussing games during pre-release, only discuss information confirmed by trustworthy sources.
  • Rumors may be discussed once they have been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

In other news, I find the Poké Center of this generation a little strange:

It might only be my pareidolia, but those objects behind the desk, flanking the nurse... Am I the only one seeing two large, white foam hands, of the type you might see at large sports events, giving you the finger? At a glance, it looks like the nurse is flipping off everybody who enters her building.

Sure, closer up you can see they are part of the healing machine, but once you enter the door, it's hard to shake off the image of Nurse Joy flipping you off for wasting her time.

By the way, folks, please tone down the speculation a little. We have no idea if there will even be a Fire Terrain or Ghost Terrain, so guessing around their details is a little too unfounded. I've deleted a bunch of posts basically wishlisting for terrain effects. After all, this is Rule 2 of Orange Islands:

In other news, I find the Poké Center of this generation a little strange:

It might only be my pareidolia, but those objects behind the desk, flanking the nurse... Am I the only one seeing two large, white foam hands, of the type you might see at large sports events, giving you the finger? At a glance, it looks like the nurse is flipping off everybody who enters her building.

Sure, closer up you can see they are part of the healing machine, but once you enter the door, it's hard to shake off the image of Nurse Joy flipping you off for wasting her time.
Duly noted, I dial it back on the speculative front. Sorry about that :|

And of course she's flipping you off. It's the natural progression of her passive aggressive tendency to say "we hope to see you again."

But in all seriousness, I like the layout. It's sleek, stylish, and simple. Besides, the built-in cafe is the perfect place for my character to sit down and write his screenplay.

What I'm most curious about in regards to Z-moves is the power and effects of exclusive/signature moves as they transform. Currently, these are the only exclusive moves that I think could affect the metagame, or at least have an interesting effect (from Bulbapedia):

-Volt Tackle for the Pikachu line
-Bone Club and Bonemerang for Cubone line
-Conversion/Conversion 2 for Porygon line
-Psystrike for Mewtwo

-Aeroblast for Lugia
-Mist ball for Latias
-Luster Purge for Latios
-Origin Pulse for Kyogre
-Precipice Blades for Groudon
-Dragon Ascent for Rayquaza
-Doom Desire for Jirachi
-Psycho Boost for Deoxys
-Attack, Defend, and Heal Orders for Vespiquen
-Spacial Rend for Plakia

-Magma Storm for Heatran
-Shadow Force for Giratina
-Judgement for Arceus
-Dark Void for Darkrai
-Seed Flare for Shaymin
-Searing Shot, V-Create, Bolt Strike for Victini
-Gear Grind and Shift Gear for Kilnklang line
-Fiery Dance for Volcarona
-Bolt Strike, Blue Flare, Fusion Flare, Fusion Bolt for Kyruem (and respectively, Zekrom and Reshiram)

-Secret Sword for Keldeo
-Techno Blast for Genesect
-Noble Roar for Pyroar Line
-Parting Shot for Pangoro line
-Geomancy for Xerneas
-Oblivion Wing for Yveltal
-Hyperspace moves on Hoopa and Hoopa-U
-Steam Eruption for Volcanion

I'm really curious as to what will happen with Victini and Kyruem, most notably because the moves highlighted above are already powerful and widely used, and now they can get a +60 BP to them, at minimum. Victini might become another Greninja case in that you don't know which Z-crystal its holding till it kills one of your mons. Marowak might be interesting in that its signature moves don't change type while it does. A lot of unknowns will make it an interesting mon early on. I can see Dragon Ascent Z-move becoming the new Dragon Gem Draco, even without a Mega Evolution. Same with Seed Flare Shaymin. I have no idea what will happen to Vespiquen as it's moves all do different things, though i hope it becomes at least semi-usable in PU. Same for Klinklang. Judgement and Techno blast are interesting in that they are normal moves that change depending on what type of item you are holding. But would it be worth sacrificing that item for a 200 BP power normal move? Probably not. Geomancy gets special consideration because its a status move, and a very good one. I wonder if the Z-move will be worth the sacrifice of Power Herb. After all, Xerneas can find a turn to set-up even in this meta. Conversion is gimmicky, but I also wonder what the Z-move will be, and if it will make it worth running.

I can't wait to be surprised! The first months of a new gen are always so fun!

Last edited:
This is great, but also a disappointment. I've been waiting for new Shellos/Gastrodon Forms since the pre-release of Gen 5, and now they're finally in another regional Dex and...nothing. You'd think the Gen that introduced regional variants would be the one to also give us some sweet new looks for everyone's favorite sea slug.

That's exactly my point, though. Unlike Mean Look, Spider Web, and Block, as well as the partial trapping moves (Fire Spin, Sand Tomb, Wrap, Etc.), the effect wouldn't fade after the user switched out. This means that the opponent couldn't switch out after you send out your best counter, essentially chalking up a free KO. Then they'd respond in kind, KOing your Mon, and the cycle would continue for the duration of the move. It would basically force players to use a Ghost on their teams and/or run Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Parting Shot, which would centralize the Meta and make things uninteresting.

It doesn't seem like it actually had debuffed defenses, since its in-demo BST is the same as Fletchling's (278), and yes, it really did have Base 75 Attack AND Base 65 Speed. It is one wild little woodpecker.
Wow that means we might have the final toucan evolution with more attack than Staraptor ? Suppose its possible since base 75 is the highest attack of all the common bird pokemon in the first stage I believe.

Wow that means we might have the final toucan evolution with more attack than Staraptor ? Suppose its possible since base 75 is the highest attack of all the common bird pokemon in the first stage I believe.
It is. Pikipek hit like an adorable mack truck! Sadly, it's bulk is nearly nonexistent, so this could be our most glass cannon like regional bird yet. Here's to hoping it gets some good coverage options.

That's exactly my point, though. Unlike Mean Look, Spider Web, and Block, as well as the partial trapping moves (Fire Spin, Sand Tomb, Wrap, Etc.), the effect wouldn't fade after the user switched out. This means that the opponent couldn't switch out after you send out your best counter, essentially chalking up a free KO. Then they'd respond in kind, KOing your Mon, and the cycle would continue for the duration of the move. It would basically force players to use a Ghost on their teams and/or run Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Parting Shot, which would centralize the Meta and make things uninteresting.
I think you misunderstood my post. I'm saying that trapping moves and trapping abilities would have no effect for the duration of the ability. So, a Tyranitar could switch out of a Dugtrio while Ghostly Terrain is in effect.

guys, is it confirmed that ash greninja resides in no egg group? jeez, that means it cant breed ahhhhhhhhh
Pretty sure any information on that would have been scrubbed from the demo.

As far as I can tell there are three 'formes' for Greninja:

- The first one is your default Greninja, the one with Torrent and Protean.
- The second one is the Greninja in the demo, which has Battle Bond and Protean (apparently).
- Lastly, the third one is Ash-Greninja (forme change mid-battle).

Its hard to tell at this point. It could be breedable, but it could not be breedable.

Just a warning, all this information I replied to you about could be wrong, but I'm just going by what I seen on Twitter from the Dataminers.

Pretty sure any information on that would have been scrubbed from the demo.

As far as I can tell there are three 'formes' for Greninja:

- The first one is your default Greninja, the one with Torrent and Protean.
- The second one is the Greninja in the demo, which has Battle Bond and Protean (apparently).
- Lastly, the third one is Ash-Greninja (forme change mid-battle).

Its hard to tell at this point. It could be breedable, but it could not be breedable.

Just a warning, all this information I replied to you about could be wrong, but I'm just going by what I seen on Twitter from the Dataminers.
wait, The second one is the Greninja in the demo has Battle Bond and Protean?? protean??? and also i will be glad if u can kindly link me where u saw this info

wait, The second one is the Greninja in the demo has Battle Bond and Protean?? protean??? and also i will be glad if u can kindly link me where u saw this info
Honestly, I can't remember who tweeted it but I definitely remember it being mentioned along those lines. Like I said, it could be wrong.

A lot of people have been comparing Aloha Persian to Garfield, but I think game freak had something else in mind,

Anyway we were discussing rags to riches stories a page ago, and I think the pokemon that earned that title so far is Whimpod and its xenomorph evo. I hadn't even considered the guy until seeing that thing, and now I don't even need stats to get it a team slot. My only hope is it keeps the water/bug typing after evolving.
My only problem with it is the body... They gave it a big doofy head and left the body small and sleek. Cats like that have a chunky body and short stature to match the head. Without that it just looks awkward.

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
Anyway - one thing that has gotten me curious is Psychic Terrain.

The fact that Psychics are potentially immune of Shadow Sneak / Sucker Punch - that is going to be HUGE.
Thus bird spam is going to be much more manageable, if this move is relevant.

Something about me:
I love cats.
They are awesome.

This might be the first gen where I don't start with a water starter in my first playthrough, even if we have another fire/fighting.

However, Rowlett's final evolution is awesome, too. Then again, depending on its typing, Popplio's final could be amazing.

I don't think I have ever been so torn on what starter to choose first.

Not to bring up the Fire Terrain thing again, but wasn't this an effect of using two of the Pledge moves in succession?

"If it [Fire Pledge] and Grass Pledge are used in the same turn, it will inflict damage at double the power, then will create a sea of fire on the side of the field of the target of the combined move for four turns. The sea of fire damages all non-Fire-type Pokémon on that side of the field for 1/8 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn; this effect is negated if it is raining."

So, isn't odd that Spinda has 2 sprites for the Dex/Pokemon Center? Both have the same spot pattern and everything, and it doesn't have any Gender Differences, but...View attachment 72246
View attachment 72247
There they are, two separate sprites. Is it just GF showing ole' Spinz some wobbly love then?
That makes me wonder how they are going to do with Spinda's random spots. Are they going to be dynamically included into the image?

So, isn't odd that Spinda has 2 sprites for the Dex/Pokemon Center? Both have the same spot pattern and everything, and it doesn't have any Gender Differences, but...View attachment 72246
View attachment 72247
There they are, two separate sprites. Is it just GF showing ole' Spinz some wobbly love then?
In an earlier post I confirmed that the pictures are from the dex as ledyba's sprite in the zip is a match of the dex get screen shown in the e3 footage
So I have no Idea why there is two spindas

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
That makes me wonder how they are going to do with Spinda's random spots. Are they going to be dynamically included into the image?
Well, if they managed to get it to work with sprites on the GBA, and they managed to do it again with textured models in XY and ORAS, I'm sure they will find a solution with sprites here too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)