Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Datamine + Full Game Leaks Collection (Read the OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Four intros after the rainbow one could be for Elite 4 (Fighting, Rock, Flying, Poison?) considering it looks like Alolan Pokemon League could be post-game content.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't still be signature moves. Greninja has Water Shuriken and Mat Roll or whatever it is, for one. Especially with Primarina's information explicitly pointing out injuries to the vocal chords, I cannot see anyone besides Incineroar learning Throat Chop.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't still be signature moves. Greninja has Water Shuriken and Mat Roll or whatever it is, for one. Especially with Primarina's information explicitly pointing out injuries to the vocal chords, I cannot see anyone besides Incineroar learning Throat Chop.
Any fighting type practically? Hawlucha who is also a luchador, is a good example.

You guys are forgetting it doesn't have to be fighting types that learn it. I could totally see Weavile or Bisharp learning throat chop.

So if Laser Focus, Throat Chop, and Aurora Veil aren't the signature moves for the starters... who gets them?
Very interesting those aren't their signature moves. I wonder if they're just regular new attacks. That would be really exciting.

EDIT: Every face has a heel turn eventually. Unless you're John Cena. I could see Hawlucha getting throat chop.

I really hate Tapu Lele, a move terrain that cancels priority, and ability that sets this terrain up upon switch in. The only good thing I see about it is an Aieg replacement.

Do we know that throat chop is even fighting type? It could be a dark type move for all we know.
Iirc only the description and name were found, so we don't know for sure. And true, i can see multiple fighting and dark types getting it, so that seems likely.

Aurora Veil though... Only a handful of Pokemon get Aurora Beam in 6th gen, mostly water and ice types. Out if existing 'mons I can see Aurorus and Dewgong getting it mostly. Tapu Fini could get it as well, but I don't know what to speculate on who gets it in the new set. And Lord help us if Vaporeon gets it :P

Laser Focus though... Pokemon that seem/are artificial maybe? I really dunno

Edit:
I really hate Tapu Lele, a move terrain that cancels priority, and ability that sets this terrain up upon switch in. The only good thing I see about it is an Aieg replacement.
Tapu Lel. It's a strong ability for VGC, but sadly nerfs mah boi Liepard into the ground. The description does go fairly heavily into talking about it using support moves, so it may not have stellar attacking capabilities. Pretty sure the ability alone would put it in a higher tier though.

Using the revealed Alolan dex as a guide (and working with some assumptions, namely Alolan Dugtrio being Grass/Ground, the crown-of-thorns being pure Water, and the ship's helm being Water/Ghost), I've decided I'll be using Litten as my starter. Fire and Dark seem to be the least represented, compared to Grass and Ghost, and Water and Fairy.

At first, nerf for paralysis and now confusion.
Oh man, I feel very sorry for Lanturn :'(
I have a feeling the whole point was to make parafusion more manageable. 3/4 * 2/3 = 1/2--the chance now that a dual-afflicted critter will be able to move. Much better than the previous 3/8 chance. Not to mention that there being less speed penalty for paralysis means it's that much less likely to be in flinch territory.

Not to say parafusion won't be useful for stall schemes (it's still a 1/2 chance that they won't be able to do anything, and thus have their total damage output lessened), but it's now a lot less irksome.

Unfortunately, VGC'17 only includes mons for the Alolan dex. So Liepard wouldn't even be able to participate anyway.
Still, auto Psychic Terrain can be a terrific ability. The first thing that comes to my mind is a certain Psychic/Fairy-type Pokemon with Pixilate that is very weak to priority... and that, in singles, would love to have something that allows it to get past Chansey without even trying.

232 SpA Choice Specs Mega Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 307-363 (47.8 - 56.5%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO

(Choice Specs giving Gardevoir the Psychic Terrain boost)

Decidueye's typing is sick. Grass/Ghost?! Much better than the Grass/Flying it was implied to be, and his signature move is an offensive Mean Look, which is really nice.

I also really like Incineroar now after seeing his animations, when before I didn't like him all too much. He has so much personality to him and his signature move is really good, too, ignoring stat changes. If he has good stats, I can see him being the bane to all Baton Pass teams.

I still like Primarina, but her sig move heals the burns of opposing Pokemon? So it's like a reverse Scald? Idk if I like the sound of that...

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
Decidueye's typing is sick. Grass/Ghost?! Much better than the Grass/Flying it was implied to be, and his signature move is an offensive Mean Look, which is really nice.

I also really like Incineroar now after seeing his animations, when before I didn't like him all too much. He has so much personality to him and his signature move is really good, too, ignoring stat changes. If he has good stats, I can see him being the bane to all Baton Pass teams.

I still like Primarina, but her sig move heals the burns of opposing Pokemon? So it's like a reverse Scald? Idk if I like the sound of that...
If it's an AOE attack (like EQ): maybe physical Grass allies could appreciate it.

Four intros after the rainbow one could be for Elite 4 (Fighting, Rock, Flying, Poison?) considering it looks like Alolan Pokemon League could be post-game content.
I'm surprised nobody has brought up the assorted possible Aether Foundation intros yet. Does that mean that the theory that the Aether Foundation are the true villains could be correct?

EDIT: Also, the Ultra Beasts seem to get a stat boost at the start of the battle like Totem Pokemon judging by the aura on the (possible) Ultra Beast encounter intro. Interesting

Last edited:
Cosmog just may evolve into that other cocoon-like form, then into Solgaleo or Lunala depending on version. Yeah, evolving legendaries is a first, but I guess as long as they can't breed, they're still legendaries.

Unfortunately, VGC'17 only includes mons for the Alolan dex. So Liepard wouldn't even be able to participate anyway.
Indeed, but there's always next year... ya know, besides the fact that it is hard to pull off it's main reason for being on the team.

Ah well. Cyber Duck is always neat. Now if only it can get something like Icy Wind in Sun/Moon. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)