SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Story Spoiler Discussion (Read the OP)

probably a real life scenario: you would not switch in electric-weak skarmory into incredibly aggressively electric tapu koko
Its AI. They aren't super computers. Just the fact that the REGULAR Battle Tree trainer switched into something to resist something is pretty amazin. Can only imagine what Super Singles will be like.

How does the QR feature work exactly? I noticed some people are getting starters from other generations with and was wondering where do you catch these generated Pokemon at?

How does the QR feature work exactly? I noticed some people are getting starters from other generations with and was wondering where do you catch these generated Pokemon at?
Every 2 hours you are able to scan one of these QR codes (compiled by reddit user BYF9). Doing so will register the Pokémon in your Pokédex as viewed (not obtained). After scanning 10 codes you receive a notification that states that a rare Pokémon has been found. The Pokédex tells you where this Pokémon is and you have 1 hour to find/catch it.

Every 2 hours you are able to scan one of these QR codes (compiled by reddit user BYF9). Doing so will register the Pokémon in your Pokédex as viewed (not obtained). After scanning 10 codes you receive a notification that states that a rare Pokémon has been found. The Pokédex tells you where this Pokémon is and you have 1 hour to find/catch it.
Wait this is just for (most of) the alolan dex

did people...hack in ar codes for the starters or?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SciresM/status/796943789206151168

Confirmation of 2 Cosmogs in-game, one is catchable (the one who evolves into the cover legendary) and we recieve the other as a gift.

So, we'll be able to get both legendaries in each version...or at least is very likely. I don't see why we could get the cover legendary twice in the same game, maybe there ir a way to evolve it into the "opposite" one.
according to omega donut, the place where you get cosmog doesn't trigger other version evolutions (so if i'm in sun, the other dimension doesnt evolve rockruff into midnight lycanroc and wont evolve cosmoem into lunala)

according to omega donut, the place where you get cosmog doesn't trigger other version evolutions (so if i'm in sun, the other dimension doesnt evolve rockruff into midnight lycanroc and wont evolve cosmoem into lunala)
Yeah, but maybe there is another way...again, i don't see why they would give us the same legendary pokemon twice in a game.

Yeah, but maybe there is another way...again, i don't see why they would give us the same legendary pokemon twice in a game.
well the real reason for getting cosmog is so you can add it & cosmoem to the dex, but giving you 2 of the same legendary means its easy to trade now

no longer is it a matter of "well i hope someone doesnt care about their box legend" its a mutual "you have an extra box...i have an extra box...lets do it!"

Saw someone streaming Battle Tree, its a mix of Maison and Battle Tower, for sure. Except that the AI is actually fairly smart. Guy was using Tapu Koko and the AI swapped into a Skarmory. And this wasn't even the Super Singles option!
Despite that, the Battle Tree AI does have its occasional dumb moments. I was watching the stream that was uploaded onto Youtube, and it decided to use Snore and then Whirlwind the very next turn, making using Snore totally pointless.

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there a reasonable opportunity to save before capturing Tapu Koko?

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but is there a reasonable opportunity to save before capturing Tapu Koko?
No idea, but he is shiny locked.

Second Cosmog isn't though.

People are still trying to see how the roaming bitch works though.

I'm assuming the player will at least be able to knock it out then return to capture it later.
If you decline Lillie after becomming champion, you won't go on tapu koko's wild ride from what i remember reading on twitter (in the replies to one of omega donut's tweets iirc)

I think there's other factors to worry about than just shiny lock, is I think the point
Oh he means the cutscenes and potential N zoroark wild ride? I don't know I havnt heard of anyone cutting corners through the tapu hunt.

Red uses Mega Evolution. I watched a video of him (i.e. us) mega evolving Blastoise. I assume same thing for Venusaur and Charizard thought i dont know if it's X or Y

When do we get the rod for fishing ?
And also what level is the first Trial ?
Fishing Rod is gotten right after the second Trial, the Captain will give it to you.
First totem is around level 11 if I'm not mistaken.

EDIT - To be clearer, remember there's a distinction between a Trial (fight a Totem pokémon at the end) and a Grand Trial (fight the Kahuna). Fishing Rod comes after the second regular Trial (ie a totem Pokémon), but you'll have a Grand Trial before that.

Last edited:
Man, Hidden Power mons are gonna love the new Hyper Training mechanics. For example, Latios can now run Hidden Power Fire while still being able to speed tie with other base 110s. It's also gonna be much easier for the player, too. You can have shit Hidden Power IVs, but you can still have the stats of a 6IV mon. God, this feature is awesome.

Links the full OST on YouTube. Someone later gets all the credit. FeelsBadMan

'Necro'zma. a Psychic type non-UB with ties to Solgaleo and Lunaala.

Perhaps this is what Cosmog would have become if it had died. A black hole.

Man, Hidden Power mons are gonna love the new Hyper Training mechanics. For example, Latios can now run Hidden Power Fire while still being able to speed tie with other base 110s. It's also gonna be much easier for the player, too. You can have shit Hidden Power IVs, but you can still have the stats of a 6IV mon. God, this feature is awesome.
How does that work?

Corrosion is supposed to allow Poison and Steel types to be poisoned, but does anyone know if it cancels out Comatose? I'd assume not but I really want Komala on my team and I thought that'd be import to know

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)