Data Pokemon Sun/Moon Battle Mechanics Research

I got a question about emergency exit. Does every hit Golisopod take below 50% health force it to switch out every time? Or is it a one time deal once it hits 50% or below?

Oh and does hyper training make the stat act as 31 and keeps the internal pokemon data at the IV it had, or does it actually change the pokemon's data to have a 31 IV in that stat? Example: A Charizard at level 50 with max EVs in speed will be a certain number if the speed stat is at 31. But if the Charizard has, like a 20 IV in speed and is giving the cap to raise that stat, will it act as if it has 31 now, while keeping the data within the pokemon for breeding and such still at 20? If so I think that would be great for stronger hidden power attacks

Last edited:
Sorry to bug you so much but i dont quite get the example with Me first. Please help me out here: if an Absol use Me First (the normal way, not the Z way) vs an Arcanine using the Fire Z move, which one will happen:

A) Absol will use the Fire Z move if it hold the Fire Z crystal
B) Absol will use the Fire Z move regardless of its item
C) Me First will fail
Tried testing this in a double battle, but it seems like you can't target your ally with Me First, so couldn't test it. Sorry :(

Is Emergency exit triggered by anything that brings you below 50% health or is it just enemy attacks? I'm curious because the ability seems to have a lot of potential but if hazards and status ailments can trigger it that will pose potentially a huge problem even if it's just one time.

I apologize if this has been asked before and I missed it.

"Damaging Z-Moves DO NOT carry over secondary effects/attributes from their base moves (increased priority, status affliction, amount of PP remaining etc). They are their own unique moves."

Does this mean that with a low PP, high power attacking move such as Fire Blast, you can use the Fire Z-move repeatedly in wild battles to train without ever running out of Fire Blast PP? The biggest issue I have with using low PP moves in-game is (obviously) because they have low PP and will run out while exploring a new route, or when grinding, etc, and this can change that a lot.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
"Damaging Z-Moves DO NOT carry over secondary effects/attributes from their base moves (increased priority, status affliction, amount of PP remaining etc). They are their own unique moves."

Does this mean that with a low PP, high power attacking move such as Fire Blast, you can use the Fire Z-move repeatedly in wild battles to train without ever running out of Fire Blast PP? The biggest issue I have with using low PP moves in-game is (obviously) because they have low PP and will run out while exploring a new route, or when grinding, etc, and this can change that a lot.
sorry that was my bad pretty sure PP of the base move is taken into account since if you drain a base move of PP the Pokemon can't use a Z-move with that move as a base, fixed it in the OP.

I got a question about emergency exit. Does every hit Golisopod take below 50% health force it to switch out every time? Or is it a one time deal once it hits 50% or below?
Is Emergency exit triggered by anything that brings you below 50% health or is it just enemy attacks? I'm curious because the ability seems to have a lot of potential but if hazards and status ailments can trigger it that will pose potentially a huge problem even if it's just one time.
The answer to the Emergency Exit thing is on pg 20.
Oh and does hyper training make the stat act as 31 and keeps the internal pokemon data at the IV it had, or does it actually change the pokemon's data to have a 31 IV in that stat? Example: A Charizard at level 50 with max EVs in speed will be a certain number if the speed stat is at 31. But if the Charizard has, like a 20 IV in speed and is giving the cap to raise that stat, will it act as if it has 31 now, while keeping the data within the pokemon for breeding and such still at 20? If so I think that would be great for stronger hidden power attacks
Your stats are increased, but your actual IVs are kept the same for all other purposes. So you can have HP Fire with max Speed.

Your stats are increased, but your actual IVs are kept the same for all other purposes. So you can have HP Fire with max Speed.
Ok thanks for the info! Definitely using a Golisopod now :P

And Hidden powers will be more fun to mess with now too

The same Pokemon's Dancer can activate more than once in a single round, giving it three or even four moves in a single round!
Dragon Dance -> Dancer activates -> Instruct the original Dragon Dance -> does Dancer activate again?
Yes, it does. Same with damaging Dance moves such as Fiery Dance.

Also, this is not of much importance but if a Dancer Pokemon uses Petal Dance the regular way and locks itself in, and then some other dance based move is performed by some other Pokemon, the dancer copies the second dance move but fails to execute it.

Have there been any changes to Cursed Body, such as success rate or if it can activate if the opponent hits your Substitute? I'm still salty about the Gengar nerfs.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
In Gen 6, the games changed a move's type in this order:

listed move type -> moves that call other moves use the new move instead -> Normalize changes the move to Normal -> moves now change type (Hidden Power/Judgment/Natural Gift/Techno Blast/Weather Ball) -> if the move is unchanged and still Normal (i.e. not Natural Gift with Chilan Berry), Aerilate/Pixilate/Refrigerate change it to Flying/Fairy/Ice -> if the move is Normal, Ion Deluge changes to Electric -> Electrify changes the move to Electric -> Protean activates -> Gems activate if the Gem matches the move type

My question is, now that Normalize has the power boost the other type-changing Abilities do, did it move to where the others are? For example, is a Normalize Hidden Power still its regular type, or is it now Normal?

Ug I'm blind as a bat knew if I asked I find out I miss it somewhere.... Okay thank you very much and sorry for the bother.

Still this is good news and very abusable Golisopod will be a lot of fun. I also heard that you can get HA though ability capsule now is that true or is that a baseless rumor?

Here's a list of the Z move affects
http://pastebin.com/d5Hed1cw
Um, I just had a thought...

Does Simple affect these boosts? If a Pokemon had Simple + Z-Geomancy... would that be +2/+2/+6/+6/+6 boost from just one move?

• Z-Geomancy still requires a charge turn after applying its Z-effect. (ih8ih8sn0w)
Also, if you used Z-Geomancy without a Power Herb, would it grant the +1 to all stats on the first turn, and then the +2 to SpAtk / SpDef / Speed on the second turn?

Um, I just had a thought...

Does Simple affect these boosts? If a Pokemon had Simple + Z-Geomancy... would that be +2/+2/+6/+6/+6 boost from just one move?
I don't see why Simple wouldn't double the boosts. So yes, but it'd take two turns.

Also, if you used Z-Geomancy without a Power Herb, would it grant the +1 to all stats on the first turn, and then the +2 to SpAtk / SpDef / Speed on the second turn?
Yes.

Has Magic Room and Embargo been changed to stop the use of Mega Stones? And/Or does it stop the use of Z-crystals, so Pokemon can't use their Z-moves under the effects of Magic Room or Embargo?

Do the weather generation abilities work just as they did in Gen VI? (not resetting the weather counter if they switch in while their weather was already active)

And, for that matter... do the terrain generation abilities behave the same way?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)