SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Strong% just means an overworld encounter that's always in a certain spot, like the Onix you see when you enter the Wild Area for the first time. For some reason the Pokedex doesn't show where Pokemon that appear this way appear, which is why Milotic and some other Pokemon are Area Unknown.
I thought that was just general "special overworld" encounters? Is serebii's strong% thing just some typos, then?

Just as an example, that Onix at rolling fields is just an undefined % like Vespiquen, Ninjask, and so on https://serebii.net/pokearth/galar/rollingfields.shtml

But Milotic (in the fog), Lapras, & Seaking are all Strong% https://serebii.net/pokearth/galar/lakeofoutrage.shtml

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I thought that was just general "special overworld" encounters? Is serebii's strong% thing just some typos, then?

Just as an example, that Onix at rolling fields is just an undefined % like Vespiquen, Ninjask, and so on https://serebii.net/pokearth/galar/rollingfields.shtml

But Milotic (in the fog), Lapras, & Seaking are all Strong% https://serebii.net/pokearth/galar/lakeofoutrage.shtml
It's probably the same thing. I'm pretty sure Lapras is at the same place every time and I know Grapploct is always on the side of the lake. I think it's Strong% for Pokemon in water. (or near in Grapploct's case) Just a slightly confusing inconsistency.

Speaking of slightly confusing things...
Serebii said:
With breeding Pokémon, static encounters and Max Raid Battles, when you encounter a Shiny Pokémon it will have a 15/16 chance of being a Pokémon with the Stars sparkle and a 1/16 chance of having the Squares sparkle. However, due to a programming quirk, at time of writing when you encounter a shiny Pokémon as a standard wild encounter, this is essentially inverted with a 4095/4096 chance of the Pokémon having the Squares sparkle and a 0.9375/4096 chance of it having the stars one when encountering a Shiny Pokémon.
To me static enounter sounds like Pokemon in the overworld and standard encouter sounds like shaking ! grass, fishing, and shaking berry trees. Are Shiny Pokemon that appear in the overworld coming out of tall grass (or the ground in some places) affected by this glitch?

So I went through 60,000 watts with the diggs duo in search of the fossils. I read on Serebii that the skilled one (closest to the daycare) was how you obtained all fossils. Here were my results:

24 fossilized dinos
21 fossilized birds
4 fossilized drakes
0 fossilized fish

just bad luck in not getting the fossilized fish or is it maybe not obtainable?

I have Pokémon Sword.

just bad luck in not getting the fossilized fish or is it maybe not obtainable?

I have Pokémon Sword.
it's just bad luck.

All 4 fossils are obtainable in both versions, just each version has 2 common and 2 very rare ones (opposite).
I myself have got all 4 in Shield, in comparable quantities (less than 1 dino/bird for 10+ drake/fish)

Are you talking about the Antique versus the Forge form? Both the Antique and Forge forms can be found in the wild and from eggs. From what I understand, a Forged Sinistea can produce an Antique child. The choice of china that the ghost kid haunts seems completely random.

ETA: Serebii says there's a 1% chance of getting an authentic Sinistea and it only affects the appearance of the Pokémon and the type of pot you need to use to evolve it, but some of the formatting errors in that section indicate that that portion may have been hastily edited, so I would keep an ear out for any updates.
My gf is breeding for a shiny right now, and despite her parent being authentic she has yielded 0 authentic ones in over 700 eggs. I feel like you can't breed em out

T.I.A.

formerly Ticktock
Was already proved it's not, it's coded as "negative heal" like Belly Drum or Substitute and cannot be prevented.
I think it can be "recoded" to positive heal. I still don't get why Steel Beam is not like Draco Meteor with the Special Attack drop.

Apparently there's a glitch where, if you try to use an item on a Pokémon at the same time you scroll to an Egg, you can use items on the Egg, such as candies for experience (which can allow evolved Pokémon to hatch at level 1) and TMs/TRs to replace moves (granted, this requires the Pokémon you are scrolling from to be able to learn the move).

The new Pomeg Glitch?

Last edited:
Mind Blown and Steel Beam are both coded with move effect #419, and don't have any listed value in the Drain% or Heal% columns. Magic Guard blocks the self-inflicted damage from both of those moves, even though Rock Head doesn't.

Clangorous Soul is a different move, and the HP you pay to that works similar to how you pay for Belly Drum. Not even Magic Guard lets you avoid paying the HP for those.

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen how abilities like Intimidate affect wild Pokémon now?

Before Gen VIII, it was simple as all Pokémon spawned the same way. Does it affect all wild Pokémon now, or just those that can't be seen in the overworld?

Are there any changes to the Pokerus? Especially can pokemon be infected with pokerus without battling? It wasn't a big issue in the previous gens but now with permanent Exp. Share all party pokemon get EVs from battle and using EV-reducing berries after that is kinda inconvenient

UPD: Sending Pokemon to do PokeJobs and putting them into daycare didn't work. Making Pokemon faint before infecting them worked, though, it's easy to infect lvl1 pokemon with this, but what about Gigantamax Pokemon from the dens?

UPD 2: it seems that you can simply run away from the battle now, and pokemon can still be infected after that

Last edited:
Are there any changes to the Pokerus? Especially can pokemon be infected with pokerus without battling? It wasn't a big issue in the previous gens but now with permanent Exp. Share all party pokemon get EVs from battle and using EV-reducing berries after that is kinda inconvenient

UPD: Sending Pokemon to do PokeJobs and putting them into daycare didn't work. Making Pokemon faint before infecting them worked, though, it's easy to infect lvl1 pokemon with this, but what about Gigantamax Pokemon from the dens?

UPD 2: it seems that you can simply run away from the battle now, and pokemon can still be infected after that
That's been the case at least since Gen 6.

My gf is breeding for a shiny right now, and despite her parent being authentic she has yielded 0 authentic ones in over 700 eggs. I feel like you can't breed em out
That's super weird, I want to test this now, because I could have sworn I bred a couple and it was varied. They're definitely worth trying for shiny.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
This isn't really that important considering the moves aren't usable outside of Let's Go! games, but certain moves were buffed/nerfed:

Baddy Bad
  • Accuracy: 95
  • Base Power: 80
Bouncy Bubble
  • Base Power: 60
  • PP: 20
Buzzy Buzz
Freezy Frost
  • Accuracy: 90
  • Base Power: 100
  • PP: 10
Glitzy Glow
Sappy Seed
Sizzly Slide
Sparkly Swirl
  • Accuracy: 85
  • Base Power: 120
  • PP: 5
Zippy Zap
  • New effects: 100% chance to boost the user's evasion by 1 stage. (this was technically also in the Let's Go! Games but gamefreak sucks at implementing their own mechanics)

This isn't really that important considering the moves aren't usable outside of Let's Go! games, but certain moves were buffed/nerfed:

Baddy Bad
Bouncy Bubble
Buzzy Buzz
Freezy Frost
Glitzy Glow
Sappy Seed
Sizzly Slide
Sparkly Swirl
  • Accuracy: 85
  • Base Power: 120
  • PP: 5
Zippy Zap
  • New effects: 100% chance to boost the user's evasion by 1 stage. (this was technically also in the Let's Go! Games but gamefreak sucks at implementing their own mechanics)
*confused Jackie Chan*

Also, what do you mean when you say Zippy Zap was supposed to also boost evasion in Let's Go?

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
*confused Jackie Chan*

Also, what do you mean when you say Zippy Zap was supposed to also boost evasion in Let's Go?
that was also in the game's code for Let's Go, but it wasn't functioning correctly in those games so the evasion boost never triggered.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Wait the OP said the special Let's Go moves were removed. So they're in the game but just don't work at all?

Also, can the moves be called by Metronome?

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Wait the OP said the special Let's Go moves were removed. So they're in the game but just don't work at all?

Also, can the moves be called by Metronome?
It meant special lets go moves as in the signature LGPE moves, theyre "special" not Special moves.

So no, they can't be called by metronome

To be fair, it's more a case of "they kept the IDs and description but move data isn't there".
Kinda like the "item name data", the id-name list of moves seems to be a list they don't want to remove from to maintain a easy portability between games, which to me makes perfect sense.
A line of text doesn't really take much space, but maintaining a stable id order makes keeping porting to future games / home much much more practical from developing standpoint.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)