SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

The animations exist, but apparently there isn't a way to open them yet. If I were able to, I'd swap them in over some other trainer and check it ingame or something like that. Alas I only have files.
From what I can tell with 'Switch Toolbox' (animation names), they at least don't have animations for speaking during battle (yet)
aww, that's a shame. I'm sure they're nothing special but it'd have been cool to see. Good to know in case someone cracks how to swap them over, though.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
So I went on Serebii to check out a dex entry for Dusknoir and I see this

image.jpg

Aight, who fucked up here, Serebii or Game Freak? What is up with that gender ratio? Is it actually like that in the games themselves? If so this is one of the most bizarre oversights in Pokemon (in all previous games Dusknoir's gender ratio is 50/50).

EDIT: I looked through more mons on Serebii and it seems like pretty much everything with variable genders has these fucked up decimal ratios. The hell?!

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
So I went on Serebii to check out a dex entry for Dusknoir and I see this

View attachment 220027

Aight, who fucked up here, Serebii or Game Freak? What is up with that gender ratio? Is it actually like that in the games themselves? If so this is one of the most bizarre little oversights in Pokemon.

Serebii's correct here.

Here's the actual ratios for all gender splits in SwSh. Note that these are different from the also different than intended SM ratios.
"0% Female": Accurate

"12.5% Female": Actually 30/253 = 11.85% Female

"25% Female": Actually 62/253 = 24.5% Female

"50% Female": Actually 126/253 = 49.8% Female

"75% Female": Actually 190/253 = 75.1% Female

"87.5% Female": Actually 224/253 = 88.53% Female

"100% Female": Accurate

Something I noticed by looking at Silvally's moveset was how it could still learn the pledge moves. Something I was aware of from last gen was that Silvally could only learn Grass Pledge due to an error in the move tutor's coding.

Is this still a thing in SwSh? Or can Silvally properly learn all 3 pledge moves now?

If you have the pokemon in question, you get them off the rare item guy in Bea/Allister's town

e: I presume, once they're added in Tundra, that all the other misc legendary items will be obtained the same way
Kyurem, Zekrom, Reshiram, Lunala, Solgaleo and Necrozma are supposed to join Sword and Shield with the release of Pokémon Home, since they're alreary in the game's code

Kyurem, Zekrom, Reshiram, Lunala, Solgaleo and Necrozma are supposed to join Sword and Shield with the release of Pokémon Home, since they're alreary in the game's code
The edit was talking about things like the Tornadus/Thundurus/Landorus' Mirror or the Zygarde cube.
Or the myriad items for the mythicals, assuming more of those get added.

Do we have the odds of winning certain items from the Champion Cup Rematch? I know it's listed on Serebii as common, uncommon, rare and very rare, but do we have like actual percentages or if the trainers we fight influence the drop tables?

It wouldn't work. The evolution won't activate
Ah so nothing of note happens then? That's good at least, I saw the flags were still there earlier and was wondering if this was like that Fairy Lock situation where the game would crash because it's trying to evolve into pokemon that are not there.

I don't think we have a definite answer for now, but as r_n said we know Kanto Slowpoke still has the evolutions defined. My guess would be that Slowpoke would just evolve into the egg placeholder in Slowbro/Slowking's slot.

Slowpoke data: https://pastebin.com/K0m4fVXN - Sciresm

EDIT: This is kind of new territory because all the other removed mons had no evolution data. We won't know for sure until someone tries it.

Has Cosmoem’s evolution changed?
Evolves to Solgaleo in Sword and Lunala in Moon, I believe.

Which frustratingly makes me think Lycanroc will be handeled in the same way, rather than the sensible way of it just being time of day and not Time of Day and Version but I suppose we'll see it when we see it

Ok, so i moved this post here because it was really theorymon-y. On the updated movepools thread, they datamined new tm/tr learnsets. A very fast skim of the updated movepools shows they updated about 260-280 mons. This does seem to fit with the dlc having 200+ Pokemon, and I can also see some of them, like the mythicals and starters being quietly snuck in, like the 35 we just got after the home release. I would be surprised to see some weirder mons like burmy and sunflora in dlc though, but I do see stuff they’ve marketed in the dlc, like the nidos, chomp, and gonal. I plan on doing a more detailed count when I have more time, and I’ll post that here too. Also, stuff like klefki’s fairy lock were coded in SwSh for a while, and could even get called with metronome. I can really see these Pokémon being the dlc list

Ok, so i moved this post here because it was really theorymon-y. On the updated movepools thread, they datamined new tm/tr learnsets. A very fast skim of the updated movepools shows they updated about 260-280 mons. This does seem to fit with the dlc having 200+ Pokemon, and I can also see some of them, like the mythicals and starters being quietly snuck in, like the 35 we just got after the home release. I would be surprised to see some weirder mons like burmy and sunflora in dlc though, but I do see stuff they’ve marketed in the dlc, like the nidos, chomp, and gonal. I plan on doing a more detailed count when I have more time, and I’ll post that here too. Also, stuff like klefki’s fairy lock were coded in SwSh for a while, and could even get called with metronome. I can really see these Pokémon being the dlc list
They updated every single one of them. The "quality" of the update barely matters when a confirmed Pokémon like Talonflame got just 3 new moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)