SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Marcell

cherish the little things in life
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Gastrodon still not being able to learn Stealth Rock is pretty meh, now that it lost utility with Toxic :/

Cinderace looks pretty strong, it will be a great revengekiller and pivot with Choice Scarf and could act as a strong unpredictable attacker with items like Life Orb, due to its speed and Coverage.

As I just posted on other page, Vanilluxe just got gifted with Aurora veil, matching A-ninetales' ability to set weather AND veil.

They are really trying to make Hail good.

Sadly, they're wasting their time :\
A turn 1 Aurora Veil setter that is not incredibly ugly? THANK GOODNESS!

The Fossils

Dracovish (Water/Dragon) gets access to 3 great abilities in Water Absorb, Strong Jaw, and Sand Rush. It has a base 75 Speed, which, while not great, could allow you to outspeed certain things. It also gets access to Crunch, Fishious Rend, Stone Edge, Psychic Fangs, Liquidation, Outrage, Iron Head, Zen Headbutt, Leech Life, Earthquake, and Low Kick. It would be a threat if it only got any set-up like DD, SD, or even Agility. No such luck though.

Finally, you have Dracozolt (Electric/Dragon). Similar stats to Dracovish, with slightly higher offenses as compared to defenses, and the same Speed. Volt Absorb and Sand Rush are good, but you can also run Hustle for the extra power. Notable moves are Aerial Ace, Dragon Tail, Discharge, Bolt Beak, Dragon Pulse, T-wave, Low Kick, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Outrage, Iron Tail, Dragon Claw, Earth Power, Stone Edge, and Wild Charge. This one seems to be the most viable on paper. It's a crying shame it doesn't get any set-up or recovery.
Just wanna talk about this two. So ... both of them could be viable in a Sand Team? :o

Hydreigon with nasty plot 2HKO any Fairy Type available not named Primarina with a +2 Life Orb Fire Blast. Timid Nature. Maybe it's time for a Assault Vest Sylveon.

Also hits 70-80% with a +2 Dragon Pulse on Toxapex.

I might be missing something, but maybe we're looking the first ban-worthy boy from the meta.

I can see Dracozolt being good to take on bulky water-types, something that'd normally trouble a Sand team, with its Electric-STAB.
And both Sand Rush Fossils are part Dragon ... Raihan was right with his type, he just used the wrong mons xD

Falinks has set up moves for days. Its movepool might not seem crazy but it has almost everything it needs to get by. Rock Slide for Flying types, Iron Head for Fairies and Megahorn for Psychics. Sadly it'll have to drop one of these if wants to use its STAB but its looking like a solid mon. Defiant is a great ability too.

Hilariously, Pincurchin is only 4 points weaker on the special side than Tapu Koko while sharing it's ability. Obviously it's a whopping 115 base points slower so it won't be sweeping any time soon. It does, however have access to both sets of spikes as well as recover and it can be annoying with T-wave and Scald as well.

Cursola looks fairly strong as a special wall. 60/60/130 defenses might not be great physically, but it's fairly bulky on the special side. The loss of pursuit means it can switch out of threats that come in on it fairly safely. Perish Body gives it a decent niche against some setup sweepers, and it has a good movepool with a respectable recovery move. Kinda excited to try it out.

Hydreigon with nasty plot 2HKO any Fairy Type available not named Primarina with a +2 Life Orb Fire Blast. Timid Nature. Maybe it's time for a Assault Vest Sylveon.

Also hits 70-80% with a +2 Dragon Pulse on Toxapex.

I might be missing something, but maybe we're looking the first ban-worthy boy from the meta.
Let me tell you of a boy called Gengar.

In the past, it was strong, but not strong enough due to a low base-power move and no setup.

Then, someone thought "Hey, this malicious ghost looks like it could learn Nasty Plot!"

Then it gets the ability to reach +2 Special Attack, and the ability to Gigantamax, upgrading Shadow Ball with more power and the ability to trap its targets. And Sludge Wave to increase its Special Attack even further. And its HP to survive moves.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Suddenly, it could 2HKO almost everything in OU.

NP Hydreigon...holy hell. Here I thought Dragapult was the strongest pseudo in this gen. Hydreigon may have been overlooked.

Friendly reminder Giga-Gengar basically has Shadow Tag.

It's going straight to Ubers, without passing by the Start.
Mean Look, Spirit Shackle, Anchor Shot and Thousand Waves were never banworthy. The wording is like Shadow Tag mostly as a reference to Gengar -- it lacks the part of Shadow Tag that was really strong, most notably being able to send in your Pokemon and instantly trap the opponent without any opportunity for them to react.

I can't get over how much better Appletun is compared to Flapple. The former gets a solid stat distribution, a good defensive movepool with decent offensive options and two great abilities. Flapple on the other hand has a terrible stat spread, no way to hit Steels at all (why does Appletun get EQ but not Flapple >_>) and an unreliable HA.

As I just posted on other page, Vanilluxe just got gifted with Aurora veil, matching A-ninetales' ability to set weather AND veil.

They are really trying to make Hail good.

Sadly, they're wasting their time :\
Quoting myself because I'm blind

Abomasnow also got Veil, making all 3 Snow Warning setters capable of also setting A-veil.

(And Avalugg because we need defensive ice types)

Really feel like Centiscorch got shafted a bit. Overall the stats are quite decent, but that low base speed and defense hurts, and the bigger issue is the movepool. No reliable recovery, not really good coverage, so those decent mixed offenses are let down by that.

Ugh, wish it was given a 3 stage evolution with the Gigantamax form being the final stage.

Ironically, Zacian will usually want to stay in with SD and sweep (it gets Crunch for Aegislash btw, so there is really nothing that can wall it reliably). Meanwhile Zamazenta seems like more of a hit and run Pokemon because its most powerful STAB reduces its stats, it isn't setting up, and it has the sheer bulk to facetank repeatedly switching in.
Zacian will suffer from 4MSS.
Sacred Sword is your best bet against Zamazenta, Close Combat against many steels like Excadrill, Crunch against Aegislash... You still lack coverage against many mons, like Corviknight. A move like Fire Fang might be interesting for its secondary effects which make stalling him harder and you get more power with Dynamax.

NP Hydreigon...holy hell. Here I thought Dragapult was the strongest pseudo in this gen. Hydreigon may have been overlooked.
dunno about that. honestly think dragapult has tons of potential as well.
DD set with baton pass is going to be so goddamn annoying.
I think this thing might kind of be like an SD+BP blaziken with speed boost.
Either way, I'm def trying out DD+BP set for dragapult

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)