SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

So, what kind of spread do people see Dragapult using?
Jolly/Hasty: Dragon Dance, Dragon Darts, Fire Blast, and..... ? Phantom Force? Double Edge?
or life orb mixed with Dragon Darts, Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, U-turn?
Will it be a good baton passer? Dragon Dance, Dragon Darts, Baton Pass, Sub?

Let's see.

It was mentioned in the context of being something you need specific cover to deal with. You dont need coverage to deal with Excadrill, it blowns up with anything Zacians click. That was the context of the conversation.

If we were to asume that SS is up and Excadrill is ALREADY in the battlefield, why would we even talk about covering drill if, in said scenario, Zacians will get rekt by EQ 100% of the time.
Dude, I wasn't even disagreeing with you. I was just mentioning why Excadrill was mentioned in the first place.

And inside :
Exp. Share Turning on this special device will allow all the Pokémon on your team to receive Exp. Points from battles.

Is this a fucking joke from GF ? :puff:
It seems like they left every item description in there. Z-crystals and Let's Go candy are all in it.

Only new non-leaked item I spotted: Utility umbrella -- protects holder from effects of weather.

Despite the nominally lower BP, Sacred Sword will *definitely* be preferable to Close Combat on Zacian for one reason: its biggest target over Crunch is Zamazenta, and Sacred Sword allows it to ignore Zamazenta's +1 defense boost.

Dude, I wasn't even disagreeing with you. I was just mentioning why Excadrill was mentioned in the first place.
The thing is Excadrill wasn't mentionted for that reason, that's why I clarified it. I know Excadrill was a thing in Ubers —not so much this days—, but it makes little sense to talk about 4MSS —which may be true— and use Excadrill, a Pokémon that receives 60% damage by resisted STAB, as an example.

I'm really liking Rillaboom. I know everyone's preoccupied with Cinderace's craziness, but Rillaboom is really versatile thanks to its movepool, stat distribution, and Grassy Surge. It seems like a worse Tapu Bulu at first glance, but it has a few perks that Tapu Bulu didn't have, such as U-turn, Knock Off, and its signature move, Drum Beating. It can run a variety of sets well, such as CB, boosting sets (SD/Bulk Up), Assault Vest, Leech Seed sets, etc. It brings a lot of unique elements to the table that no other bulky grass type has this generation.
Also, it will likely find its way into VGC to support Pkm weak to Earthquake!

Really feel like Centiscorch got shafted a bit. Overall the stats are quite decent, but that low base speed and defense hurts, and the bigger issue is the movepool. No reliable recovery, not really good coverage, so those decent mixed offenses are let down by that.

Ugh, wish it was given a 3 stage evolution with the Gigantamax form being the final stage.
I dunno, it has a couple things to help out. It has coil, which helps with defense and attack. Flash fire on a bug is huge for mono bug. It has fire, bug, grass, electric, dark, normal coverage with its attack stat, and water and poison with its decent SpA stat. It also has will o wisp to help with its defense. Also that new item that helps with entry hazards. Not going to be top tier but pretty neat I would say.

It seems like they left every item description in there. Z-crystals and Let's Go candy are all in it.

Only new non-leaked item I spotted: Utility umbrella -- protects holder from effects of weather.
Does that item also let you ignore, say, the 50% boost that opponents get on their water moves, or the guaranteed accuracy on their Blizzard? If not, isn't this just strictly worse than Safety Goggles?

I quite like the offensive support hybrid Grimmsnarl is turning out to be. Access to priority screens, taunt, bulk up and t-wave will make it annoying to deal with. You can even run a gimmicky Choice Band Trick set to catch people off guard. It's offence isn't a joke either. Play Rough, Sucker Punch, elemental punches, Drain Punch, Superpower and Power Whip are all strong options. it's a shame it doesn't get Knock Off but Darkest Lariat will do. It's also nice to have something that 4x resists Dark with how popular that typing is going to be.

Hatterene looks like the best new Trick Room setter. A great Sp.Atk stat, access to Aromatherapy and Healing Wish to help keep momentum going and Mystical Fire to hit those annoying Steel types. Can someone confirm that Life Dew heals 50% in singles because if so, that's another great support option. My only gripes with this Pokemon are its low HP and lack of Moonblast.

Edit: I completely forgot to mention that Hatterene gets Magic Bounce as well. This is amazing as it can't be taunted which makes getting up Trick Room that much easier.

Last edited:
I dunno, it has a couple things to help out. It has coil, which helps with defense and attack. Flash fire on a bug is huge for mono bug. It has fire, bug, grass, electric, dark, normal coverage with its attack stat, and water and poison with its decent SpA stat. It also has will o wisp to help with its defense. Also that new item that helps with entry hazards. Not going to be top tier but pretty neat I would say.
Also gets leech life for some longevity.

Probably won't be used much though, does its G-max form get any notable moves?

Let's see.

It was mentioned in the context of being something you need specific cover to deal with. You dont need coverage to deal with Excadrill, it blowns up with anything Zacians click. That was the context of the conversation.

If we were to asume that SS is up and Excadrill is ALREADY in the battlefield, why would we even talk about covering drill if, in said scenario, Zacians will get rekt by EQ 100% of the time.
Well yeah Excadrill wasn't the best example.
Zacian really enjoy that Ho-oh and Groudon-Primal are missing.
Crunch will be important for Necrozma-DM as well now I'm thinking ot it.

Although it isn't in the same league as Rillaboom and Cinderace's hidden abilities, Intellion didn't do too bad with Sniper. We've never had a sniper mon faster than Kingdra or Drapion before. (and Kingdra was always better just abusing Swift Swim anyways) And this one hit's pretty hard naturally even without the sniper crit boost. Certainly better than what Primarina got anyways lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)