SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Does anyone know if the nature mints also function as a reset bag, or if there’s another item that does? I’m excited to make some of my really old in-game Pokémon usable, but if I have to struggle to remove crappy EVs it seems sort of pointless.

Wow really? Dragapult seemed more like OU material to me. Can't say anything about Nasty Plot Hydreigon.
Yeah. It'd be interesting to see where these two land. I'm definitely interested in jolly DD dragapult with DD/Dragon Darts/X/Baton Pass and NP Hydreigon. They seem really strong. But from what I've seen, people are treating NP hydreigon to be a greater threat so it'd be cool to see what it does in the near future.

As mentioned, Rillaboom will probably make the best of its Grassy Surge, given how close it is to Tapu Bulu.

Indeedee, I don't see having much use in Singles with Psychic Surge, since it isn't particularly fast, and can't sweep like Tapu Lele did. I see it doing very well in Doubles though, with Follow Me. It can pair well with Dragapult though, even in Singles, as it will help it sweep better without worrying about Sucker Punch or Shadow Sneak.

Weezing will enjoy Misty Surge, and as mentioned above, it will be a dragon killer if there ever was one. However, the status immune effects of Misty Terrain are nearly useless on it, since it can't be poisoned (in fact, it would prefer to poison the opponents), and it usually runs a special set (especially with its new signature move), so burn isn't too much of an issue.

Pincurchin is such a wild card. It is slow with low bulk, which works against it. But it has a great movepool, along with recovery, and can go mixed, which will definitely keep people on their toes. I am curious how it will fair.

Cinderace seems to be pretty good with its hidden ability. Where do we think he'll end up until that becomes available?
Hard to say now, we have many good mons at the moment and also some, that have potential. I would say OU for now, mainly because of it's speed, power and coverage, while it still has counters in things like Gyarados and Toxapex.
So mostlikely OU in my opinion, but still, it depends on the tiers in a whole

Cinderace seems to be pretty good with its hidden ability. Where do we think he'll end up until that becomes available?
I feel like it's difficult to say before the metagame actually settles and we see what comes out of it, but I'll say what a lot of people have already said with UU at the worst, OU if it deals with other threats in the metagame well. Libero seems really good, especially with the decent amount of coverage moves it gets.

Question: Where do you think Dragapult and Hydreigon will end up on the Gen 8 tier list, eventually? OU for Dragapult and UBER for Hydreigon?

I wonder if there are any gimmicky counters for Zacian, like a Wobbuffet or Dusknoir with Counter?

Also, would a Pain Split stall set be effective against a Dynamax opponent? Since it doubles HP? Obviously making sure not to be setup fodder.

Question: Where do you think Dragapult and Hydreigon will end up on the Gen 8 tier list, eventually? OU for Dragapult and UBER for Hydreigon?
I can't see Hydreigon that high, honestly, because it'll get smacked down by most of the threats we're sure about to become UBERs, like Zacian. It lacks in speed, which makes it pretty hard to outspeed the majority of monsters running around there. OU should be possible, I guess, with many fairy-types gone ... but also new ones, that could wall it.
Dragapult is the other way around. It has the stats to become pretty dangerous, but it lacks in physical moves and special power. I still think of it as the ideal Dynamax Sweeper, because of it's coverage, but you can wall it easily with some mons in the Dex on the physical side and I don't think with "only" 100 special power and no worthy way to set up effectively is good enough.. but time will show, again, maybe it's moves or variability make it good enough for OU, I would say BL for now.

I can't see Hydreigon that high, honestly, because it'll get smacked down by most of the threats we're sure about to become UBERs, like Zacian. It lacks in speed, which makes it pretty hard to outspeed the majority of monsters running around there. OU should be possible, I guess, with many fairy-types gone ... but also new ones, that could wall it.
Such as who? +2 Flash Cannon removes pretty much all of them bar Unaware Clefable.

So Rapidash gets Swords Dance... but GF refuses to give it a decent non-recoil STAB to abuse it (looking at you Blaze Kick).
Well at least it gets all the coverage it needs in the Sun with Solar Blade...

Just to remind people, but Dynamax Max Moves have the ability to set up terrains so the surge abilities aren't the only useful ways to create them(Though they are more efficient.)

So a mon that I see no one talking about. What do we think about Duraludon?
I talked about it some days ago, actually.
What to say ...? It's slow, first of, and while its HP and Def are good, the SpDef is pretty ... meh.
Also, as much as I hate it, Duraludon and Dragapult share one problem, in my opinion:
They both have the wrong movepool.
Like, Duraludon would be, in terms of stats, much more of a special attacker, still, it gets so many strong moves in the physical side.
What else to say?
Typing good, coverage ... good physical, okay special, abilities are, in my opinion, pretty bad all together and it's G-Max Move is maybe the worst of them all (refreshing PP ... weeell).
I like that thing, but I don't think it's that good as it should be.

Dragapult is the other way around. It has the stats to become pretty dangerous, but it lacks in physical moves and special power. I still think of it as the ideal Dynamax Sweeper, because of it's coverage, but you can wall it easily with some mons in the Dex on the physical side and I don't think with "only" 100 special power and no worthy way to set up effectively is good enough.. but time will show, again, maybe it's moves or variability make it good enough for OU, I would say BL for now.
Sure hydreigon won't be your setup sweeper that can 6-0 due to that speed but I can see it being a very strong wallbreaker after +2. It has an amazing coverage. Not sure about UBER but I don't really care for how good it is in UBER or relative to other UBER pokemons. I'm only concerned with how strong it is in OU.

Dragapult, indeed, doesn't have a good physical movepool. However, I think it's sufficient enough for a DD and CB set. For instance, Dragon Dance/Dragon Darts/Steel Wing/Baton Pass and Dragon Darts/Steel Wing/U-Turn/Sucker Punch (?????), respectively. IMHO, Dragapult is a definitely OU at least even with such a poor physical movepool...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)