SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

You mean from the Metronome pool, right? They didn't put Solgaleo and Lunala in but remove their sig moves?
Yeah, my b it's from the Metronome pool. As far as I can tell those 3 are the only changes from Gen 7. Kind of strange, and Prismatic Laser is still in. Wonder when/why they did this.

anybody decoded on what the evolution number means on the pastebin. sirfetch'd [u43], runerigus [u44], alcremie [u45]. Also I know toxtricity [u46] might have something to do with the natures.

or at least have the pastebin file with those names

anybody decoded on what the evolution number means on the pastebin. sirfetch'd [u43], runerigus [u44], alcremie [u45]. Also I know toxtricity [u46] might have something to do with the natures.

or at least have the pastebin file with those names
From the other prerelease thread just now, Sirfetch'd was found to be something among "KO 3 Pokemon in a single battle", no need to level up.

Milcery > Alcremie, judging from the flavour probably has something to do with holding its signature items and spinning around (ingame or irl?).

Unless it got changed, Cursed Body actually triggers 30% of the time, and can trigger when hit with ANY attack, not just ones that make contact.

Also, don't underestimate Pressure. It's a mighty fine ability on pretty much anything that's bulky.
Huh I could have sworn Cursed Body required contact oh well you learn something new. Regardless G-Corsola will still gravitate towards Defensive builds over specially defensive to make use of Will-o-Wisp and Strength Sap.

I was looking through the items txt dump trying to make sense of it before I realized it pretty much includes every item that has ever existed in the franchise. Soooo what I’m searching for in vain is the existence of an item that CLEARS EVs. I didn’t play sun/moon so I don’t know if there were previous items in those games that served that function that are likely to reoccur in this set of games.
Sun moon had EV reduction berries which were easy enough to harvest in bulk (much easier than the XY clear EVs item). Idk if the item you are searching for exists in SWSH but assuming berries still exist I assume they should?

Has it even been confirmed yet if Eviolite is present in the game, if it works on Galarian pre-evolutions like Corsola, or possibly nerfed in some specific way?

How many times can kommo-o boost using its signature move? (Also what is the hp reduction for the move)
If it can boost multiple times, then it may be better then its z-move as it can boost potentially twice due to its bulk.

Are we looking at another potentially uber pseudo-legend?

How many times can kommo-o boost using its signature move? (Also what is the hp reduction for the move)
If it can boost multiple times, then it may be better then its z-move as it can boost potentially twice due to its bulk.

Are we looking at another potentially uber pseudo-legend?
pretty sure it's 1/3 of max

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Gotta say I enjoy how a lot of the movepool updates have been dedicated to resolving dumb move incompabilities and restoring former event/dream world/old generation-exclusives. Weather Ball being compatible with Chlorophyll on Venusaur, Gengar and Weezing being able to learn Sludge Wave normally now, Lunatone and Solrock learning Moonlight and Morning Sun respectively via level-up, Colosseum/XD purification moves for certain Pokemon being obtainable via in-game means in SWSH, stuff like that's really helpful and makes optimal movesets no longer require several games' worth of transferring.

I'm sort of out of the loop; is there any word on how competitively-viable Obstagoon, Toxtricity, and Grimmsnarl are gonna be?

I was super disappointed that Goon doesn't get Extreme Speed, Belly Drum, or Sucker Punch (or any top-tier boosting moves tbh) but with STAB Guts Facade, STAB Knock-Off (it's now one of the only THREE Dark-type 'mons to get STAB Knock-Off alongside Sableye and Drapion), and access to Gunk Shot and Close Combat it might be able to carve out a niche provided you pair it with something capable of scaring off Fighting-types.

Last edited:
I've played some matches on the Nexus server with an Aurora Veil team around Dynamax Toxtricity, featuring Weezing-G and Corviknight among others; more or less a renewed version of my old Volcarona Veil team which peaked somewhere Top50. I'm under the impression that Dynamaxing fundamentally changes how to build and prepare (which is a good thing) since the power of 3 "Z-Moves" with boosts to stats is something I at least underestimated - they basically just mashed through my walls.
This is 1.) because I don't know everything that's possible and
2.) it feels like you can't just do "wall" and survive since the power level is above Megas/Z-Moves.
At the moment, it's about surviving the three turns and then nullifying their setup with either revenge killing (had a Scarf Dragapult, which did a good job, but I think that Zereroa and Cinderace also fit that role) or bringing a Cursola or an Unaware Clefable after their Dynamax turns are over. Feels a bit like weather wars of old.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)