SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Well, or someone else has to find it and breed you one.
The type of enemies in each raid seem to be based on location/weather/time.

Raids don't seem to have an actual fixed schedule, simply events that make certain raids more common.
I see. Interesting. So theoretically if one wanted the moth you would look for raid battles at night with snow weather.

They both have two moves the other can't get. Three of the moves are trash, but amped form gets shift gear making it the go-to.
Oh i missed that. I will have to look closer at that datamining to see the moves. I assume both would get its unique move but shift gear is good, even if you wont really be using the attack up much on it i assume.

there are nature changing mints, get a bad nature that will give you amped form, then switch it to a good nature later
Sounds like a decent idea. Just wonder if shift gear is as useful on it. Since you wont use the attack you you are just using it for agility, which i dont think it gets so that something. A set like boomburst, shift gear, overdrive, and sludge bomb or sludge wave, holding the item that boosts your spa after you use a noise move sounds great

Shame no way our started can get the HA. I always just like using my starter as i get very close to them.

Oh i forgot to ask, Cursula and that new ability it has... would that be better then a shell smashing polteagiest? Or just completely different play styles? Torn on which one i want to use. Polteagiest looks cute and shell smash is easier to set up, but cursola could be quite dealy and annoying with the right set up. Got some nice moves for it?

Shame no way our started can get the HA. I always just like using my starter as i get very close to them.
Same, further annoying due to Grassy Surge being locked until they release HA starters while the other 3 will be around from get go.
Oh i forgot to ask, Cursula and that new ability it has... would that be better then a shell smashing polteagiest? Or just completely different play styles? Torn on which one i want to use. Polteagiest looks cute and shell smash is easier to set up, but cursola could be quite dealy and annoying with the right set up. Got some nice moves for it?
Cursola still has to tank a hit and.... it might just die horribly for it :P

Anyone tested competitive movesets for Toxtricity yet? I can't tell whether Scarfed w/ Overdrive, Boomburst, Sludge Wave and Volt Switch or Life Orb/Air Balloon/Throat Spray w/ Overdrive, Boomburst, Shift Gear and Gunk Shot is more appealing to me; either way it needs something to overcome its mediocre Speed but I don't know if it needs any coverage to be good.

Same, further annoying due to Grassy Surge being locked until they release HA starters while the other 3 will be around from get go.

Cursola still has to tank a hit and.... it might just die horribly for it :P
Yeah both grassy surge and that new protean look really good. I wasnt going for grooky so could get that later, but may have to sadly bite the bullet one day and get a cinderace with that HA when its out. Maybe at least make my starter the mother of the one i would use eventually at least. Wonder of there are any good egg moves scorbunny gets

Maybe at least make my starter the mother of the one i would use eventually at least. Wonder of there are any good egg moves scorbunny gets
On positive note, until HAs release, you can actually fix the nature of your actual starter and give it egg moves with the new daycare mechanic.

Anyone tested competitive movesets for Toxtricity yet? I can't tell whether Scarfed w/ Overdrive, Boomburst, Sludge Wave and Volt Switch or Life Orb/Air Balloon/Throat Spray w/ Overdrive, Boomburst, Shift Gear and Gunk Shot is more appealing to me; either way it needs something to overcome its mediocre Speed but I don't know if it needs any coverage to be good.
I tried a Dynamax-Set of Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Fire Punch and Shift Gear.
Gets the SpA boost and the terrain, Fire Punch is mainly for Ferrothorn and friends. Worked fine, played it with Aurora Veil, status immunities are nice and if it's not a Ground attack you're facing, it gets the boosts. Ground is a problem for this set in general, though.

On positive note, until HAs release, you can actually fix the nature of your actual starter and give it egg moves with the new daycare mechanic.
Yeah i love that.

You know i should be angry with the stuff pokemon has done this game. Over half gone lies about making new models, i hear the story is meh, and not a great post game... but all these QoL team making additions and improvements, all theae new TRs to help imporve pokemon movesets, and just the overall ease of making teams has me super excited. I love building teams so all these is right up my alley, even making me forget or not mind as much the big cuts the game did and screw ups.

But all i see other then here are huge amounts of negitive stuff, and they are all very valid and reasonable stuff to be pissed about... but i am still so excited

You know i should be angry with the stuff pokemon has done this game. Over half gone lies about making new models, i hear the story is meh, and not a great post game... but all these QoL team making additions and improvements, all theae new TRs to help imporve pokemon movesets, and just the overall ease of making teams has me super excited. I love building teams so all these is right up my alley, even making me forget or not mind as much the big cuts the game did and screw ups.
I find it quite ironic that in fact GameFreaks *did* put a lot of requested feature in SwSh that basically killed the tedious work (often resulting in people just genning instead) that was needed to have competitive pokemon around.

If only they had been honest from the getgo...

A lot of people have mentioned Gyarados being a problem and overpowered. How does a bulky Appletun fare against said threat with its x4 water resistance? I don’t know what coverage moves Gyarados has though....

If you put 2 pokemon of same species in, and one of them has free moveslots, it can learn egg moves from the other.
Do the pokemon have to be the same species? Do you know if it would suffice for them to be members of the same evolutionary family -- or be different species (maybe in the same egg group) which just happen to know an egg move which the other pokemon can learn?

How much does punk rock boost sound moves?

Do the pokemon have to be the same species? Do you know if it would suffice for them to be members of the same evolutionary family -- or be different species (maybe in the same egg group) which just happen to know an egg move which the other pokemon can learn?
I am afraid the trailer clearly said same species (and shown using 2 Sylveons)

(this wasn't datamine, that was actually revealed by GameFreaks)

I tried a Dynamax-Set of Sludge Bomb, Thunderbolt, Fire Punch and Shift Gear.
Gets the SpA boost and the terrain, Fire Punch is mainly for Ferrothorn and friends. Worked fine, played it with Aurora Veil, status immunities are nice and if it's not a Ground attack you're facing, it gets the boosts. Ground is a problem for this set in general, though.
Do you think Overdrive will be a better option than Tbolt once the Punk Rock damage boost factors in? It's a pretty cool signature, even if it means you need to be a little more careful around Kommo-o.
How much does punk rock boost sound moves?
I don't think we fully know yet? Though even if it's just a 20% boost, that'd still make Overdrive outdamage Thunderbolt and give Boomburst a HUGE advantage versus neutral targets.

I find it quite ironic that in fact GameFreaks *did* put a lot of requested feature in SwSh that basically killed the tedious work (often resulting in people just genning instead) that was needed to have competitive pokemon around.

If only they had been honest from the getgo...
They have really dropped the ball on marketing and pr for this game thats for sure. Baffling decisions aside if they just said a lot of these things sooner and more open this backlash wouldnt have been so massive

Do you think Overdrive will be a better option than Tbolt once the Punk Rock damage boost factors in? It's a pretty cool signature, even if it means you need to be a little more careful around Kommo-o.

I don't think we fully know yet? Though even if it's just a 20% boost, that'd still make Overdrive outdamage Thunderbolt and give Boomburst a HUGE advantage versus neutral targets.
I think tjere only being a few pokemon that competitively use sound proof means youll be fine. You still have gunk shot if needed

Not really a competitive question, but do we know how Alcremie’s different flavors are decided? I really wanna use the one that looks like chocolate and vanilla pudding lol.

Not really a competitive question, but do we know how Alcremie’s different flavors are decided? I really wanna use the one that looks like chocolate and vanilla pudding lol.
I believe there are different evolution items for Milcery. Depending on which one(s) you use, Alcremie will look different. I don't know the details, just that there are a bunch of those items in the data dump.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)