SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Yea (they really oughta make Water Compaction like Storm Drain), doubt that's enough to push Palossand to OU sadly. Also it already had Shore Up in the prior generation.

However, in UU it might find a better place-Scorching Sands is 20 BP weaker than Earth Power, BUT if it's got a 30% chance to burn like Scald, that's very notable and quite useful since Palossand could be used as set up fodder by SD Scizor.

Well a lot less excited for that, but still curious about how exactly shell slide arm works, if it factors your stats or the foes stats for calculating its type. I think if its your stats maybe Belly drum set could work, and with regenerator and drain punch it should stay pretty healthy.

Yea (they really oughta make Water Compaction like Storm Drain), doubt that's enough to push Palossand to OU sadly.
Well maybe if it raised the stats to max or more then just 2 like steam engine maybe would would be better. Still, its not terrible, and scorching sands does help it a lot.

Can Palossand with Shore Up and Scorching Sands become viable in OU?
It's definitely one of those things that you can throw on an otherwise serious team as a 6th member and have it occasionally pull its weight. If only Water Compaction made you immune to Water moves it might actually be really decent. Being part Ghost makes it weak to Knock Off and Shadow Ball while it doesn't really have any useful resistances. I guess it beats Zeraora? The question is pretty much why use this when Hippowdon exists.

Maybe if Gamefreak buffs Water Compaction to be an immunity it might see usage somewhere. If it gets Sandstream it also might be okay as Shore Up is pretty crazy if it gets 2/3rds healing.

tl;dr No

It's definitely one of those things that you can throw on an otherwise serious team as a 6th member and have it occasionally pull its weight. If only Water Compaction made you immune to Water moves it might actually be really decent. Being part Ghost makes it weak to Knock Off and Shadow Ball while it doesn't really have any useful resistances. I guess it beats Zeraora? The question is pretty much why use this when Hippowdon exists.

Maybe if Gamefreak buffs Water Compaction to be an immunity it might see usage somewhere. If it gets Sandstream it also might be okay as Shore Up is pretty crazy if it gets 2/3rds healing.

tl;dr No
Well knock off is a lot less used now that the move has a lot less distribution. Thats a plus for it. I agree with your other points.

I myself am still using it as i have a shiney black sand one im transfering for the dlc :)

Yea (they really oughta make Water Compaction like Storm Drain), doubt that's enough to push Palossand to OU sadly. Also it already had Shore Up in the prior generation.

However, in UU it might find a better place-Scorching Sands is 20 BP weaker than Earth Power, BUT if it's got a 30% chance to burn like Scald, that's very notable and quite useful since Palossand could be used as set up fodder by SD Scizor.
You made me optimistic it might have randomly been buffed, so I thought I'd test to make sure. It still operates the same as before and does NOT grant immunity... Crabhammer from a wild Kingler hit like normal... :psysad:

Last edited:
Well knock off is a lot less used now that the move has a lot less distribution. Thats a plus for it. I agree with your other points.

I myself am still using it as i have a shiney black sand one im transfering for the dlc :)
Knock Off has the same distribution it always did in OU, you just transfer those Pokemon from Home.

More power to you, Pallosand is cool. But keep in mind people don't really play OU on the cartridge. Gamefreak has made it painfully difficult to play 6v6 singles online.

Knock Off has the same distribution it always did in OU, you just transfer those Pokemon from Home.

More power to you, Pallosand is cool. But keep in mind people don't really play OU on the cartridge. Gamefreak has made it painfully difficult to play 6v6 singles online.
Ah i was thinking on cart not on showdown, qhere they removed knock off from online battles as you cant use transfer pokemon. Well ypu can now but the moves are removed

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 162-192 (47.5 - 56.3%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Grookey Seed Bomb (70 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Grassy Terrain: 156-184 (45.7 - 53.9%)

Grookey now has a priority move that comes close to Scizor's Bullet Punch in raw power. You now have to live with this information

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 162-192 (47.5 - 56.3%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Grookey Seed Bomb (70 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Grassy Terrain: 156-184 (45.7 - 53.9%)

Grookey now has a priority move that comes close to Scizor's Bullet Punch in raw power. You now have to live with this information
Just to complete the comparison

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Seed Bomb (70 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew in Grassy Terrain: 237-280 (69.5 - 82.1%)

It hits with 146% the damage of Scizor's Bullet Punch.

I could see Hydreigon making great use of Scale Shot for a Choice Specs set, especially in Battle Stadium Singles, where multi hit moves are valuable to break focus sashes as well reducing the capability to be revenge killed.

What are the requirements for Pokémon that want to use the Gigantamax Soup? It says that they need to have high potential anyone knows what that means?

Yes.

It's effectively 60BP per hit. 90BP each if you get STAB and Technician (Scyther)
So it's a 90% accurate Brave Bird with no recoil on something with Technician? That's pretty solid.

Speaking of Technician Cinccino now has a 73% accurate 180 base power Triple Axel. Offensively Cinccino is now basically an ice / normal type.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)