SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Apologies if it's already in the thread, but I'm interested whether any of the newly introduced mons can learn the regular SwSh move tutors. In particular, does Klefki learn Steel Beam?

Apologies if it's already in the thread, but I'm interested whether any of the newly introduced mons can learn the regular SwSh move tutors. In particular, does Klefki learn Steel Beam?
The only two important ones are Draco Meteor and Steel Beam, and those are learned by all Dragon and Steel types respectively. Are there other tutor moves I'm missing other than the Pledges and elemental Hyper Beams?

So the rapid strike gets a 25 bp, which is 75 bp, plus stab that crits 3 times. That does more damage overall then the single strike or no? And if so by about how much?

So the rapid strike gets a 25 bp, which is 75 bp, plus stab that crits 3 times. That does more damage overall then the single strike or no? And if so by about how much?
It looks like Rapid Strike is weaker in general and looks to be slightly higher than 75 but lower than 80 w/ critical hit
252+ Atk Pangoro Darkest Lariat (80BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight on a critical hit: 153-180 (38.2 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Pangoro Spike Cannon (3 hits, 25BP, Water) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight on a critical hit: 147-174 (36.7 - 43.5%) -- approx. 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Some people are saying these guys are going to be banished to Ubers immediately but they really get walled by many of the most viable pokemon in yesterday's meta. Being hard to resist doesn't mean they are not hard to wall. They both have a super low Sp Def. and are not too fast, in many ways they seem like inferior Terrakion and Keldeos with priority and little more physical bulk. The only way I see them being broken is if they get Swords/Dragon Dance and their priority can deal serious damage(neither Sucker Punch or Aqua Jet do much damage). That said I do not think they really add anything to the meta or any meta for that matter. Their ability is useless in most matchups, they might be good Wish-breakers but the best wish passers right now are probably Clefable and Vaporeon. Clefable outright beats them and Vaporeon can use a pseudo-teleport by being slow and using Flip Turn, invalidating the need to use protect for the most part. At best, it prevents gimmicky Pex from poisoning you or Obstagoon from lowering your defence neither of which are significant or game changing. I think the meta is going to shift towards stall which counters the Pandas pretty hard. Though depending on the bear it is difficult to switch-in on them after a bulk up. Single Strike seems better than Multi-Strike just because of coverage.

Last edited:
I know this is far from actually competitive, but I can't wait to run Quick Claw + Nasty Plot Quick Draw Slowbro. Will it be good? Usually no. Will it be fun? Also usually no.

But every once in a while, kind of yes.
I wonder if Quick Claw and Galarian Slowbrow's new ability do stack. If it does, then that's a 2/3 chance to attack before your opponent.

I just took a look at the learnset of Burning Jealousy and I see so many weird inclusions.

I would like time to know how they decided to give it to Cursola of all things.
I'd also like to know how... Sirfetch'D... of all things, gets Grassy Glide, Cinderace gets Scorching Sands (it has no flavor related to sand or that sort of shit), and Clefable gets Dual Wingbeat (Combee is sorta understandable, but those things on Clefable's back do not look like wings)

It looks like Rapid Strike is weaker in general and looks to be slightly higher than 75 but lower than 80 w/ critical hit
252+ Atk Pangoro Darkest Lariat (80BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight on a critical hit: 153-180 (38.2 - 45%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Pangoro Spike Cannon (3 hits, 25BP, Water) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight on a critical hit: 147-174 (36.7 - 43.5%) -- approx. 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Some people are saying these guys are going to be banished to Ubers immediately but they really get walled by many of the most viable pokemon in yesterday's meta. Being hard to resist doesn't mean they are not hard to wall. They both have a super low Sp Def. and are not too fast, in many ways they seem like inferior Terrakion and Keldeos with priority and little more physical bulk. The only way I see them being broken is if they get Swords/Dragon Dance and their priority can deal serious damage(neither Sucker Punch or Aqua Jet do much damage). That said I do not think they really add anything to the meta or any meta for that matter. Their ability is useless in most matchups, they might be good Wish-breakers but the best wish passers right now are probably Clefable and Vaporeon. Clefable outright beats them and Vaporeon can use a pseudo-teleport by being slow and using Flip Turn, invalidating the need to use protect for the most part. At best, it prevents gimmicky Pex from poisoning you or Obstagoon from lowering your defence neither of which are significant or game changing. I think the meta is going to shift towards stall which counters the Pandas pretty hard. Though depending on the bear it is difficult to switch-in on them after a bulk up. Single Strike seems better than Multi-Strike just because of coverage.
They only get access to bulk up and work up, no SD or DD, so yea they are looking pretty mid

Ema Skye

Work!
Scorching Sands Cinderace sounds so good for OU.

Like Zen Headbutt, it hits Pex. But it also hits Rhyperior without risking the HJK recoil. The burn chance will also negate their Lefties. And Hippo, the other big Cinderace check, hates getting burned.

I'd also like to know how... Sirfetch'D... of all things, gets Grassy Glide, Cinderace gets Scorching Sands (it has no flavor related to sand or that sort of shit), and Clefable gets Dual Wingbeat (Combee is sorta understandable, but those things on Clefable's back do not look like wings)
Sirfetch'd has a bigass leek that it uses as a weapon.
Cinderace uses Scorching Sand the same way it uses Pyro Ball: by igniting pebbles.
Clefairy and Clefable do indeed have wings.
Bathed in moonlight, its wings glow faintly. Without even flapping, Clefairy rises into the air, where it dances around.
A Clefable uses its wings to skip lightly as if it were flying. Its bouncy step lets it even walk on water. On quiet, moonlit nights, it strolls on lakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)