SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

MattL

I have discovered a truly remarkable CT which this box is t-
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For everyone asking what the movepool changes are, we have a thread for that here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ist-of-movepool-changes.3656151/#post-8280026

And this has already been posted in this thread, but for people asking what the new moves are, here they are:

View attachment 255252

Thanks to all of the community members who datamined and compiled all of this information!
So we have any rough ideas of the power increase of Misty Explosion, Terrain Pulse, etc when their conditions are met?

Both of Marowak’s forms get Belly Drum as an EM. In TR this could be very threatening. The problem, of course, is that it has to live a hit at half HP with no item that can help it (as Thick Club is essentially to only thing you'd run on it anyway). If this is a physical hit that's not Super Effective, it's most likely fine, but Knock Off is everywhere.

Edit: Flip Turn is 60 BP, potentially giving Technician users huge damage and momentum generation. Are there any users of this move with Technician?

Edit: Flip Turn is 60 BP, potentially giving Technician users huge damage and momentum generation. Are there any users of this move with Technician?
From the Moveset topic:

• :squirtle: Squirtle
    [*]:wartortle: Wartortle
    [*]:blastoise: Blastoise
    [*]:golduck: Golduck
    (Seriously no Poliwrath?)
    [*]:horsea: Horsea
    [*]:seadra: Seadra
    [*]:goldeen: Goldeen
    [*]:seaking: Seaking
    [*]:staryu: Staryu
    [*]:starmie: Starmie
    [*]:vaporeon: Vaporeon (could be huge for its Wish capabilities)
    [*]:mew: Mew (obviously)
    [*]:kingdra: Kingdra
    [*]:carvanha: Carvanha
    [*]:sharpedo: Sharpedo
    [*]:milotic: Milotic
    [*]:basculin: Basculin
    [*]:Keldeo: Keldeo
    [*]:skrelp: Skrelp
    [*]:dragalge: Dragalge
    [*]:clauncher: Clauncher
    [*]:clawitzer: Clawitzer
    [*]:popplio: Popplio
    [*]:brionne: Brionne
    [*]:Primarina: Primarina
    [*]:wishiwashi: Wishiwashi
    [*]:barraskewda: Barraskewda
TLDR: no, and it's only water types + mew anyway

From the Moveset topic:

TLDR: no, and it's only water types + mew anyway
I would say that's sad, but frankly, it's not.

What about Triple Axel? It looks like it gets Technician boosts for the first, second, and possibly third hits, so that would be 30 BP+ 60 BP+ 90/80 BP (depending on whether the last hit is +20 bp or doubled)

And Hitmontop and Cincinno get it iirc

I would say that's sad, but frankly, it's not.

What about Triple Axel? It looks like it gets Technician boosts for the first, second, and possibly third hits, so that would be 30 BP+ 60 BP+ 90/80 BP (depending on whether the last hit is +20 bp or doubled)

And Hitmontop and Cincinno get it iirc
  • :Sandshrew-alola: Sandshrew (only alolan)
  • :Sandslash-alola: Sandslash (only alolan)
  • :Ninetales-alola: Ninetales (only alolan)
  • :Mr-mime-galar: Mr. Mime (only galarian)
  • :Mew: Mew (obviously)
  • :Sneasel: Sneasel
  • :Delibird: Delibird
  • :Hitmontop: Hitmontop
  • :Kirlia: Kirlia
  • :Gardevoir: Gardevoir
  • :Milotic: Milotic (why?)
  • :Buneary: Buneary
  • :Lopunny: Lopunny
  • :Weavile: Weavile
  • :Glaceon: Glaceon
  • :Gallade: Gallade
  • :FROSLASS: Froslass
  • :Minccino: Minccino
  • :Cinccino: Cinccino
  • :Popplio: Popplio
  • :Brionne: Brionne
  • :Primarina: Primarina
  • :STEENEE: Steenee (oh wow)
  • :Tsareena: Tsareena
  • :Mr-rime: Mr. Rime
  • :frosmoth: Frosmoth
Hitmontop and Minccino are Technician users with the move

How does Frosmoth learn Triple Axel? If I recall correctly it has no legs, and Triple Axel is related to spinning, after all, so how exactly does this match up with Frosmoth's flavor?

And on top of this they never fixed its lack of strong coverage.

According to Serebii, Skrelp and Dragalge seem to be exclusive to Shield, while Clauncher and Clawitzer are Sword Only. The den listings only include Shield for the former and Sword for the latter. Any more version exclusives?

Has there been any word on evolving normal pokemon into Alolan forms? I would like to breed for an good alolan Marrowak, but I know you couldn't evolve a Pikachu into an alolan raichu. Is this the same, as well as for Alolan Eggescutor?

Has there been any word on evolving normal pokemon into Alolan forms? I would like to breed for an good alolan Marrowak, but I know you couldn't evolve a Pikachu into an alolan raichu. Is this the same, as well as for Alolan Eggescutor?
There does not seem to be any. But when you complete the Diglett quests, you can obtain the Alola forms of the Pokemon as well as an Alola starter that matches your Galar starter's type. Or if you transferred from Home, a man in the Battle Tower can provide the Galar Marking, at the cost of the entire moves deletion.

There does not seem to be any. But when you complete the Diglett quests, you can obtain the Alola forms of the Pokemon as well as an Alola starter that matches your Galar starter's type. Or if you transferred from Home, a man in the Battle Tower can provide the Galar Marking, at the cost of the entire moves deletion.
Not that it actually matters for anything other than being able to easily tell which game a mon came from on the status screen, but the mark is an entirely new mark (looks like the "physical move" symbol) that is placed next to the mon's region of origin. It doesn't replace the region of origin mark with the Galar mark.

I did read about the Galarian mark. So if I wanted to have a good stat one and nature, I have to breed in Sun or moon, and transfer?

I wonder if we are prey to a mistranslation, just like Fishious Rend is a biting move even though the english name and description say nothing about it.
its also possible with limited animation, like fire punch being a kick for cinderace
(idk if the new moves have custom animations or not)

FOr Skarm, since it has body press you still still want a defense boosting nature, but do you still want bold, or a SpA lowering one instead?

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
FOr Skarm, since it has body press you still still want a defense boosting nature, but do you still want bold, or a SpA lowering one instead?
doesnt matter really I dont think your skarm would be using any offensive moves bessides press but if you go for brave bird then impish is cool

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)