SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

Say, there’s something I haven’t seen confirmed. Do G-Max Drum Solo and its counterparts scale any better than the regular Max Moves? Or is it the same?

So how many species IDs do we already have?
So with this latest batch of info, 898 it looks like.

However there's nothing to stop GF deciding as they randomly do to omit species id 431/432 from the next dlc.

All the species ID thing means is that we now know in a theoretical "full dex" what their dex number would be, not that we are guaranteed to have all 898 present in any given game.

It's in the game. I would guess they realised that it would super annoy people if they got the Original Magearna and then couldn't use it, considering how hard that thing is to get.

This also confirms something else that we could infer from the items datamine: Hoopa, Genesect and Arceus are not coming back. Which I guess isn't surprising given that the latter two are a big source of item bloat, but Arceus is quite popular.

Given that we've seen event flags involving Keldeo, I would guess that it'll be available in these games in the same way that Deoxys was.
So can we get both the Magearna version from Sun/Moon and the special one from Home and use them in Sword Sheild?

Too bad about those other 3, especially since Silvally has the same mechanic as Arceus...

Good speculation, but I think Swampert's chances of getting Flip Turn are approaching zero. Being a starter he might get special treatment, but the only Water/Ground to receive a tutor was Gastrodon with Skitter Smack as I recall. Whiscash didn't even get Flip Turn by virtue of being fish-shaped. As a similarly themed mom to Quag and Seismitoad especially, I don't think Swampert has much a chance.
He might get Lash Out though, as he has access to an assortment of Counter-ish moves.
Flip Turn fits for Swampert, especially considering its Mega has Swift Swim.

vanilla slowbro was probably vaguely based on the idea of one, the shellder shell being equivalent to a hermit crab's shell that it slips its weird hook tail into.
And worth noting the initial sprites of Slowbro had the shell much bigger

The "tail biting" concept is still there but i dunno a little edits there you could see this be based on a hermit crab in a very loose sense.

Basically not meant to literally be a crab but to go on how its set up. Sort of like how Entei is not literally a volcano.

Honestly Slowbro as a hermit crab kind of clicked for me mentally after i got the mega slowbro plush, accidentally had it upside down and went 'ohh' because it was adead wringer for other, more esaggerated hermit crabs I've seen in media.

Interestingly, there is a clear folklore inspiration for Slowbro/king, a yokai based on this shell. The inspiration is usually depicted with two shells, on both the top and bottom of the body, which were split between the evolutions(in addition to slowking playing up that it's the Horned Turban snail)

... said yokai isn't actually a hermit crab either.

The Reveal Glass & Zygarde Cube are partially implemented already, with items, some partial strings and even activation animation

Worth noting is the Zygarde Cube now changes Zygarde's form & allows it to switch abilities rather than before where you had to take it to the disassembly machine. This is about how I figured it'd work, but it does seem like the ability to teach Zygarde's moves isn't there (probably since it was tied to Cores); so I have a feeling Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, Core Enforcer, Extreme Speed & Dragon Dance are now just rolled into Zygarde's normal moveset.

Speaking of Slowbro being the "Hermit Crab pokémon", one of the former translators for the Pokémon games (Nob Ogasawara) has actually talked about how that came to be:
DD:

"Didn't get to do the all caps stuff (meaning move names, poke names, places, NPCs, etc. etc.) until around Gen 3 because my NOA handler was convinced he had a better handle on things. Which is why there were howlers like Slowbro being a "Hermit Crab Pokemon" and Marill becoming a "Polkadot Pokemon." Oh, and fucking RAGECANDYBAR.
It used to drive me bananas that they'd pay me to translate, and then refuse to reason with me over issues like that.
By around Gen 3, I think my old handler was replaced, and I got a lot more input into the all caps stuff. That's why I was able to preserve the pun pair "Old Chateau" and "Old Gateau" in DPPT when people were saying stupid shit like calling the "Gateau" "Bean Paste Cake," which would've been the correct translation, but would've killed the original joke dead."

"It was originally Ikari Manju, so "Rage Dumpling" would be the correct translation, but that's too long, so Rage Bun.
Just nothing so grammatically ugly as what they'd called it in the end."

"Slowbro was a "yadokari" Pokemon.
Yadokari does directly translate to "hermit crab", but broken down into its kanji characters, one gets, "inn renter". Basically, he's "borrowing" a home.
I would've pushed for "squatter" (which also is a pun for "otter", which I assumed it to be, sort of).

Marill was a "mizutama" Pokemon.
If the Japanese word for "pattern" was added after it, then, yes, it would have had to been "polkadot". But I again broke it down to the kanji words "water" and "ball". I figured that "ball" would be the correct interpretation because of its rotund figure, so I would've gone with "aqua-ball" or "aqua-orb" pokemon. Yeah, no great shakes, but truer to the original spirit of the JP name."

So...with this title card

Without remembering hey, you know, Calyrex. I thought it was related to just the Musketeers. & I mean they might still be related in some fashion but I am wondering if instead Calyrex (Soverign) Hakuba & Kokuba (steeds). Since "Steed" is singular, maybe they're version exclusive
I was thinking this aswell. Apparently it means "white horse" and "black horse". (The similarity with the new bikes is probably coincidental.)

Calyrex seemed tiny, which originally made me think it was wildly disparate with other 680 BST legends (which are, Mewtwo aside, almost always enormous). I guess the "rider form" will be much bigger.

This does mean it might have an interesting ability, too. Figures that Unnerve would be a Pressure-like placeholder.

I have a feeling Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, Core Enforcer, Extreme Speed & Dragon Dance are now just rolled into Zygarde's normal moveset.
I wonder what they'll do with Land's Wrath. I know its already on the level up moveset, but I wonder what they'll do with it because of its multiple redundancy with Arrows and Waves. They could distribute it, or change it (make it special, maybe?); but as of this generation I think just purging it is on the table.

I wonder what they'll do with Land's Wrath. I know its already on the level up moveset, but I wonder what they'll do with it because of its multiple redundancy with Arrows and Waves. They could distribute it, or change it (make it special, maybe?); but as of this generation I think just purging it is on the table.
I forgot about Land's Wrath
Zygarde you have way too many exclusive moves.

I was thinking this aswell. Apparently it means "white horse" and "black horse". (The similarity with the new bikes is probably coincidental.)

Calyrex seemed tiny, which originally made me think it was wildly disparate with other 680 BST legends (which are, Mewtwo aside, almost always enormous). I guess the "rider form" will be much bigger.

This does mean it might have an interesting ability, too. Figures that Unnerve would be a Pressure-like placeholder.
Calyrex's size never struck me as to disparate from the 680s. I took it as an intentional irony: something so relatively small, frail looking and omionusly gentle would be super strong.

I could see it being similar to the wolves: about 680 (they're 670) but the "riding" form boost it to 700+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)