SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword and Shield Datamine Thread

I'm sorry, but how did they miss the opportunity to give Calyrex, Harvest? They could have just switched its ability in its forms, but flavor wise it makes so much sense.
We're not here to comment on Game Freak's decisions; this is where we talk about how stuff works. Values, calculations, changes, facts.
Not opinions.

Hmm I've a doubt.

If you finish a dynamax adventure and by the end of it you are shown a shiny mon that is not the legendary, can you take that shiny mon to your PC and then repeat the raid later?

In other words, we know that the same adventure can be repeated again and again if you choose not to take the legendary with you. But if you take any other mon instead of the legendary, can you keep repeating it?

Hmm I've a doubt.

If you finish a dynamax adventure and by the end of it you are shown a shiny mon that is not the legendary, can you take that shiny mon to your PC and then repeat the raid later?

In other words, we know that the same adventure can be repeated again and again if you choose not to take the legendary with you. But if you take any other mon instead of the legendary, can you keep repeating it?
Tecnically you can repeat adventures endlessly. The only notable thing is that once you bring home a legendary, you can't bring that one anymore (won't prevent you from joining or hosting adventures with that lege)

They're saying the same thing eh.

1/25 is the chance to get "a shiny" out of all the captured monsters.
1/100 is the chance for a specific one of them to be shiny

(swap numbers with the other pair for no-shiny charm)
Technically, the chance you get a shiny among all captured mons if you have a shiny charm is 1 - (.99^4), but it turns out that this number is very close to 1/25 anyway.

Tecnically you can repeat adventures endlessly. The only notable thing is that once you bring home a legendary, you can't bring that one anymore (won't prevent you from joining or hosting adventures with that lege)
I'm asking this because say I'm hunting shiny Tornadus. I capture the 4 Pokémon in the adventure and, altho Tornadus isn't shiny, one of the earlier Pokémon i caught is (an Ivysaur, fe). Can i take the Ivysaur back with me while allowing me to host that same adventure and catch the legendary later?

I'm asking this because say I'm hunting shiny Tornadus. I capture the 4 Pokémon in the adventure and, altho Tornadus isn't shiny, one of the earlier Pokémon i caught is (an Ivysaur, fe). Can i take the Ivysaur back with me while allowing me to host that same adventure and catch the legendary later?
That's correct.

I love how people who have clearly never shiny hunted are throwing shit at Game Freak (without reason, I must say) because now "shiny legendaries are free". They are seriously understimating what 1/100 means, specially in a long-process-quest like Dynamax Adventures are, and are being blinded by the false "1/25" odds.

A 1/100 chance of an individual Pokémon being shiny after a quest that last from 10 to 20 minutes is no joke, in fact, you could very well be 1, 2 o 3 days playing 10 hours a day doing the exact same route and that legendary wouldn't still be shiny, which is, by the way, no different from 3DS era stationary shiny encounters.

"But there are lots of shiny legendary posts on reddit". Dont you say, Pokémon is played by millions of people. Do u know what happens when millions of people play simultaneously the same game right? yea, in fact, if millions of people were to start a standard shiny hunt (stationary legend in 3DS, for example) at the same time, u'd still see lots of legendary claims on reddit. Thats how probability works and thats why some shiny hunters use multiple hardware at the same time to do their hunts.

Again, a lot of people is seriously, and I mean seriously understimating what 1/100 is after a 15 minute quest, and I can' twait for most of them to be like 4-5 days playing nonstop the same route without success to understand what it means.

PS: I say this based on comments on YouTube mostly, its not related to comments here.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
WHY. DOES. RAIKOU. HAVE. S C A L D.

Also behold the greatest movepool achievements in GF history:

SIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Wait... Beldum don't KO themselves anymore? Catching them is possible! :D

So then, you would have approximately a 1/1683 chance to get more than one shiny from an adventure and need to choose only one of them? That's going to suck when it happens.
Dude, please don't make me think about that. As someone paranoid about finding Shinies... ;__;

It's horrifying even more horrifying to see it... 0_o

I love how people who have clearly never shiny hunted are throwing shit at Game Freak (without reason, I must say) because now "shiny legendaries are free". They are seriously understimating what 1/100 means, specially in a long-process-quest like Dynamax Adventures are, and are being blinded by the false "1/25" odds.

A 1/100 chance of an individual Pokémon being shiny after a quest that last from 10 to 20 minutes is no joke, in fact, you could very well be 1, 2 o 3 days playing 10 hours a day doing the exact same route and that legendary wouldn't still be shiny, which is, by the way, no different from 3DS era stationary shiny encounters.

"But there are lots of shiny legendary posts on reddit". Dont you say, Pokémon is played by millions of people. Do u know what happens when millions of people play simultaneously the same game right? yea, in fact, if millions of people were to start a standard shiny hunt (stationary legend in 3DS, for example) at the same time, u'd still see lots of legendary claims on reddit. Thats how probability works and thats why some shiny hunters use multiple hardware at the same time to do their hunts.

Again, a lot of people is seriously, and I mean seriously understimating what 1/100 is after a 15 minute quest, and I can' twait for most of them to be like 4-5 days playing nonstop the same route without success to understand what it means.

PS: I say this based on comments on YouTube mostly, its not related to comments here.
And yet, the same people will never use Focus Blast until they absolutely have to.

A bit of a side note, but I remember months ago, the datamines said there were apparently 8 new battle themes in the data for Crown Tundra. From what I've experienced so far, I know for a fact these are seven of them:

- Peony
- Legendary Raid
- Calyrex
- Glastrier/Spectrier
- Calyrex Rider Battle
- Galarian Birds
- Regis
- ???

Basically leaves one unknown, which I'm not sure what it is. And so far I haven't found anything that can pinpoint what exactly the new theme is, unless the Galarian Star Tournament has a totally new theme in it.
Probably the battle against Victini? :smogthink: Victini is supposed to be catchable, according to the datamines.

Probably the battle against Victini? :smogthink: Victini is supposed to be catchable, according to the datamines.
I can't wait.
Too bad it doesn't get its old event moves, though… I can't start electrical fires with 93.5% accuracy anymore.
Still gets 77% accuracy Focus Blast though, which is nicer than usual, I guess.

Uhh… Did Victini always have Mystical Fire?

Now has Speed Swap. Was that already the case and I never noticed?
Why is everything Psychic-type getting Speed Swap nowadays?

Last edited:
I checked the battle themes available and I think Spectier & Glastier have separate themes? The listings for online says "Spectier" for me, rather than "Steed" or "Glastier/Spectier"

Peony
Spectier
Calyrex 2
Legend 1
Legend 2
Legend 3

...Also bit odd, I didn't see Calyrex 1 in my listings. Does anyone else see it? I never beat Leon in the battle tower so ever time I want to check these I have to go into online battles which is just a total crapshoot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)