SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

I honestly don't want this thing being OU-worthy just so I don't have to see this reminder of a horrible real-life ecological crisis interrupting my competitive creature-battling game, it's legit shook me that hard.
This is exactly why I like it so much.

It straight up picks up a very real issue and rubs people's noses on it. I hope they give it the proper impact. Mareanie eating Corsolas like Scooby Snacks in Alola was a nice thing they added. Hopefully they'll expand on it and say that pollution is what made the Corsolas look like that.

The Tourist trainers better have lots of Corsolas. I want Lavender-tier spookiness on this. Get people thinking.

Im actually in shock they actually gave my FAVOURITE pokemon a galarian form, and an evo to boot!!

Cursola looks kinda weird at first because of the very drastic change in design but im sure itll grow on me

THEY BETTER NOT REMOVE RECOVER OR REGENERATOR, ik its dead BUT COME ON GAMEFREAK, DONT RUIN SOMETHING FOR ONCE. Datamines arent coming fast enough lol

Also does anyone know how eviolite is gonna work with these mons? Will kanto farfetchd and johto corsola be able to use eviolite or not because they technically dont have an evo themselves?

i am out of the comp loop, but why would a ghost type with shell smash be amazing?
Ghost is a fantastic type offensively and a pretty good type defensively, Shell Smash is one of the most powerful setup moves in the game (+2 to both offenses and speed, but -1 to both defenses), and Corsola is decently bulky. What this means is that Corsola will have an easy time finding an opportunity to set up, and will be incredibly threatening once it does.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader

Last edited:
"Look at it. What type does it resemble?
" -Idk... It looks... mystical???
"Hmmm, that leaves us with 2 options..."

1) Psychic
2) Fairy

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So it has apparently been recently leaked that Grookey's mid evolution is called Thwackey, which fits in line with their whole schtick (THWACK! THWACK! THWACK!), and the Sobble mid evo is called Drizzile. We all know now that Scorbunny's mid evo is called Raboot, so unless anything comes out that contradicts this we likely have all the names of the Galar Starter lines out now.

Also worth noting is that the Electric / Poison dino's name is reportedly Toxel. More about its evolutionary line will allegedly be leaked soon, as will Hatterene's pre-evo.

Anyways, with that out of the way, for fun I'm going to look at all the generational patterns, and looking at all the leaked Pokemon so far, seeing which patterns some Pokemon fit so far:

Regional rodent/mammal (two-stage mammalian Normal-type):
- Raticate
- Furret
- Linoone
- Bibarel
- Watchog
- Diggersby
- Gumshoos
- Greedunt

Regional bird (Early game common Flying-type):
- Pidgeot
- Noctowl
- Swellow
- Pelipper
- Staraptor
- Unfezant
- Talonflame
- Toucannon
- Corviknight

Pikaclone:
- Pikachu (heh)
- (None for Gen 2 haha)
- Plusle/Minun
- Pachirisu
- Emolga
- Dedenne
- Togedemaru
- Morpeko

Fossils:
- Omastar/Kabutops/Aerodactyl
- Cradily/Armaldo
- Rampardos/Bastiodon
- Carracosta/Archeops
- Tyrantrum/Aurorus
- Dracozolt / Arctozolt / Dracovish / Arctovish

Pseudo-legendary:
- Dragonite
- Tyranitar
- Salamence
- Metagross
- Garchomp
- Hydreigon
- Goodra
- Kommo-o
- Dragapult

If I missed any generational patterns feel free to point them out, but so far these are the patterns and which new Pokemon fit the patterns so far. So far it would seem Greedunt and Corviknight are the regional mammal/bird in line with previous ones, and Morpeko is obviously the Pikaclone.

Last edited:
400 Pokemon. More than half getting cut is... disappointing. Unless there's a national dex.

Are we sure Zacian is *mono* fairy from that screenshot? It literally has a metal ability, and fairy/steel is pretty darn decent as an offensive typing.
yea it looks cut off

I'd figure Fairy Steel...or it could be pure Fairy while its counterpart is pure Steel?

Bruh no way mr rime great and darmanitan looks HELLA lit. Its looking like an ice fighting too

Also in Eternatus' screenshot: The Pseudo line? (Dreepy, Drakloak, Dragapult)

Has the typings on any of these been revealed yet?

Edit: GOOD GOD ETERNATUS LOOKS TERRIFYING

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)