SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

That's not what i meant and you know it. I'm talking of gating potentially competitive pokemon behind non-free non-global events.

Have you ever wondered why mythicals and ash-greninja are not allowed in VGC format? ...

In gen 7 they went as far as give all "other version" exlusive via free wifi event.

Nintendo policies will never allow them, even if they wanted.
It depends what u understand for p2w. P2w is related to ingame design. Bayonetta is the most broken char of ssb4 and its DLC. It can be considered and has been as p2w. If smash bros has great dlc chars (cloud, bayo, mewtwo), are u sure an alternative Pokémon form or even species cant be dlc in the future? Because if it is and sais Pokémon is powerful, thats p2w.

Definitely, but my p2w mentiontion was due to the preorder nature of those
Ok, that I didn't notice. My bad. Preorder bonuses definitely shouldn't be a thing for mons unless they plan to distribute them again shortly before the next VGC season. Even then, it's shitty.

But Tyranitar and Kommo-o getting these raids could be a hint that these two will get a G-Max (not necessary exclusively for those who have the pre-order)

The g max formes could simply be a rare raid. And with these max raid events hopping about its possible that they can be more common to the public later

Online subscriptions are nowhere near pay to win, its just the (sad) reality of console gaming in [current year]. Nintendo Switch Online is cheaper than Xbox and PlayStation equivalents, even more so if you can find some friends to make a family group as. It's not that big a deal

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's possible that Tyranitar and Kommo-o have a G-Max form as we have a raid for each of them if we get the Pokemon Sword and Shield pack as they respectively lost their mega/z-move?
It's almost certainly not the case for Kommo-o and therefore also very unlikely for Tyranitar since it would be unfair for only one half of this distribution to get a form. The guidebook leaks showed that Hatterene and Kingler shared a page and Lapras and Machamp shared a page, and you can just barely see the top of Hatterene's head in the image showing Gigantamax Lapras, meaning the pages are adjacent. All of the pages that leaked were in alphabetical order, so this pretty much eliminates the possibility of Kommo-o getting a Gigantamax form as otherwise it would have been on a page in between Kingler and Lapras.

Can someone tell me which two were confirmed per page? That way we can see whether there are any spots left for possible G-Max

Gigantamax Alphabetical List:
Page 1: Note about the 3 Kanto Starters and Alcremie
Page 2: Applin line G-Max
Page: ?: Butterfree and Centiskorch
Charizard
Coalossal
Copperajah
Corviknight
Duraludon
Drednaw
Page ?: Eevee and Garbodor
Gengar
Grimmsnarl
Page ?: Hatterene and Kingler
Page ?: Lapras and Machamp
Meowth
Pikachu

Last edited:
It's almost certainly not the case for Kommo-o and therefore also very unlikely for Tyranitar since it would be unfair for only one half of this distribution to get a form. The guidebook leaks showed that Hatterene and Kingler shared a page and Lapras and Machamp shared a page, and you can just barely see the top of Hatterene's head in the image showing Gigantamax Lapras, meaning the pages are adjacent. All of the pages that leaked were in alphabetical order, so this pretty much eliminates the possibility of Kommo-o getting a Gigantamax form as otherwise it would have been on a page in between Kingler and Lapras.
I'm still curious about the chance seeming more g max mons in the future or maybe after the release the leaker didn't have seen/found yet ^^

has the leaker determined the effects of some of the other max moves? there are still 8 not listed in serebii iirc

I'm still curious about the chance seeming more g max mons in the future or maybe after the release the leaker didn't have seen/found yet ^^
yeah theres always the chance of version exclusives too! maybe there could be a g-max alakazam for sword?

Can someone tell me which two were confirmed per page? That way we can see whether there are any spots left for possible G-Max

Gigantamax Alphabetical List:
Alcremie
Butterfree
Centiskorch
Charizard
Coalossal
Copperajah
Duraludon
Dreadnaw
Eevee
Flapple/Appletun
Garbodor
Gengar
Grimmsnarl
Hatterene and Kingler
Lapras and Machamp
Meowth
Pikachu
As far as I can recall/find, the ones from the guidebook leak were:

1. Intro page [images of eevee, pikachu, charizard to introduce gigantamax, not their profiles though]/Alcremie
2. Applin [Full page?]
???
3. Butterfree/Centiskorch
???
4. Hatterene/Kingler
5. Lapras/Machamp
???

Others shown but pages not clear:
-Coalossal
-Grimmsnarl
-Garbodor

And others we know from the leaker playing the game:
-Copperajah
-Gengar
-Duraludon

Others revealed:
-Drednaw
-Corviknight
-Kanto Meowth
-Pikachu
-Eevee
-Charizard

So Charizard, Copperajah, Corviknight, Drednaw, Duraludon, Garbodor, Gengar, and Grimmsnarl at least will come after Butterfee and Centiskorch and before Hatterene/Kingler. Presumably Eevee will get a page as well, but maybe there's a chance it won't because it's a gift. Who knows if there's anything between Applin and Butterfree, but I'd guess not. After Machamp, it's wide open in terms of possibilities for yet to be revealed mons in the latter half of the alphabet, with only Kantonian Meowth as a known form falling in that range.

Definitely possibilities for more mons to have forms, but anything that falls in the Hatteren-Kingler range seems ruled out (that includes Intelleon, which suggests no starter Gigantamax), as well as anything before Alcremie or between Butterfree and Centiskorch.

It's been done in the series countless times. VGC '10, VGC '16, and VGC '19 featured box legendaries that were mostly version-exclusives.
You're very naive if you think that any team that has won a tournament isn't genned ~5 days before the tournament started. Tournament rules may imply the need for 2 games, but you will be hard-pressed to find someone (esp. last year) who actually caught and then trained any pokemon used.

Definitely possibilities for more mons to have forms, but anything that falls in the Hatteren-Kingler range seems ruled out (that includes Intelleon, which suggests no starter Gigantamax), as well as anything before Alcremie or between Butterfree and Centiskorch.
In the very beginning, the first leak of a gigantamax was a Grookey, which is a starter.

has the leaker determined the effects of some of the other max moves? there are still 8 not listed in serebii iirc
At least as far as the regular max moves go...
Anyway, we now know every max move effect.

Normal: speed down
Fighting: attack up
Flying: speed up
Poison: special attack up
Ground: special defense up
Rock: sandstorm
Bug: special attack down
Ghost: defense down
Steel: defense up
Fire: sunny day
Water: rain dance
Grass: grassy terrain
Electric: electric terrain
Psychic: psychic terrain
Ice: hail
Dragon: attack down
Dark: special defense down
Fairy: misty terrain
I don't think we know many of the new G max effects. The only ones I know of (that weren't already revealed officially) are Lapras halving all incoming damage and the hat confusing the opponent.

At least as far as the regular max moves go...

I don't think we know many of the new G max effects. The only ones I know of (that weren't already revealed officially) are Lapras halving all incoming damage and the hat confusing the opponent.
Also in the G-Machamp photo it shows the word critical, so it's safe to asume that the G-max Machamp move increase the critical hit ratio (I highly doubt it diminished)

In the very beginning, the first leak of a gigantamax was a Grookey, which is a starter.
Not sure what you're referring to, but there have been no credible leaks involving starter gigantamax forms. After the first guidebook leaks there was a ridiculously blurry image of a purported Cinderace going around, but that is almost certainly a fake that someone was trying to pass off following the initial guidebook leaks, and there are very likely no Gigantamax starter forms.

The only ways out would be if those forms were revealed earlier in the guidebook, which seems unlikely since then it would have played into the story and the leaker would have revealed it, or if they were excluded and are being hidden for some later mythical-esque distribution, which we can't know about until a datamine.

yeah theres always the chance of version exclusives too! maybe there could be a g-max alakazam for sword?
Serebii doesn‘t upload informations from leaks, therefore we only got the infos from Ground, Poison, Dragon and Ground that leakerbro showed us couple days ago.

They will be done by public event and will probably rotate around I think
The text for the event revealed so far just states that you’ll have increased chances of finding Butterfree (Both), Corviknight (Shield), and Dreadnaw (Sword) gmax raids, but the wording implies those aren’t the only ones that can appear. (Edit: may have mixed the versions on Corvi and Dreadnaw up)

so likely just really rare or somehow not active yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)