Post your searing hot takes

That song has forever been poisoned to me by one particular fucker in my class singing it constantly with the express purpose of being an annoying little shit.
Same, except it was just one fucker for me, it was several of them, and it was Let it Go (Libre soy, in latam spanish). This is the second worst song for me, after the Rock troll song, it's so dissonant to see Elsa singing about giving no fucks about her powers...while she's freezing Arendelle to death (again, originally supposed to be the villain). Also, she's back to being a repressed mess when Anna and Kristoph meet her. This song is so iconic they even recreate it for KH3, wasted resources smh...

Star Wars’ popularity is 75% nostalgia based
After the Mandalorian ending, I think 100% is more appropriate.

Last edited:
Broly stinks, like actually smells bad. Now I do have science to back this up. Broly is the size of big. He is a large lad. An absolute unit of stench. Anyway he hasn't bathed for his entire life, the man didn't know what a shower was until Frieza took him in. Now one shower does not erase a life time of filth my friends, so even after that Broly probably still reeks of saiyan sweat. At the ending of Dragonball Pooper:Broly he gets a home, but that home isn't designed for someone as big as Broly, meaning he can't fit in that shower on account of being a big mass of dumb stupid muscle. Thus it goes to show that Broly does in fact fucking smell like a barn.

I don't like Super Mario Bros. 3 that much and prefer Super Mario World. I know the "best 2D Mario" title is usually between those two, so maybe it's not that unpopular.

Now, is Mario 3 better than 1, Lost Levels, and Mario 2 USA in my opinion? Definitely. You can tell they polished the formula a good deal. I still think Mario 3 is a landmark title, but I don't find it quite as good as World.

While 3 definitely has more power-up variety than World, I feel like it's a little inconsistent in difficulty compared to World, especially when you hit the brick wall of World 7. Now, while World definitely was challenging around Chocolate Island (also the second to last world of that game) it was still not TOO bad in my opinion. Oh yeah, and no saving in the original version of 3 also sucks (even if this is remedied by restore points / save states, I still don't like the omission of saving in the actual game). It also seems like 3 got impossible levels of hype thrown at it, what with The Wizard basically being made to promote it (and many other Nintendo games).

But hey, maybe I just suck at the game. Mario 3 is by no means a bad game, I just don't really enjoy it all that much.

I don't like Super Mario Bros. 3 that much and prefer Super Mario World. I know the "best 2D Mario" title is usually between those two, so maybe it's not that unpopular.

Now, is Mario 3 better than 1, Lost Levels, and Mario 2 USA in my opinion? Definitely. You can tell they polished the formula a good deal. I still think Mario 3 is a landmark title, but I don't find it quite as good as World.

While 3 definitely has more power-up variety than World, I feel like it's a little inconsistent in difficulty compared to World, especially when you hit the brick wall of World 7. Now, while World definitely was challenging around Chocolate Island (also the second to last world of that game) it was still not TOO bad in my opinion. Oh yeah, and no saving in the original version of 3 also sucks (even if this is remedied by restore points / save states, I still don't like the omission of saving in the actual game). It also seems like 3 got impossible levels of hype thrown at it, what with The Wizard basically being made to promote it (and many other Nintendo games).

But hey, maybe I just suck at the game. Mario 3 is by no means a bad game, I just don't really enjoy it all that much.
I feel that on Mario 3’s inconsistent difficulty. By World 3 you get levels that are just like... what the FUCK out of nowhere. Then every world after that has a few randomly ridiculous levels that ended many of my childhood Mario runs. By comparison, World is an easy game. Except for that part where you jump on dolphins. Fuck them dolphins.

My hot take: Yoshi’s Island is the best mario-related game from that whole 2d era.

I feel that on Mario 3’s inconsistent difficulty. By World 3 you get levels that are just like... what the FUCK out of nowhere. Then every world after that has a few randomly ridiculous levels that ended many of my childhood Mario runs. By comparison, World is an easy game. Except for that part where you jump on dolphins. Fuck them dolphins.

My hot take: Yoshi’s Island is the best mario-related game from that whole 2d era.
YES. I love Yoshi’s Island! You have great taste!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 2)