PS! Art: Room Voice Contest [Won by Yilx]

Dragon type Sandslash...

Dragon colour scheme... check
Fairly aggressive looking... check
Dragon-like wings that can't be used... check...

(omg can't stop making these, its so fun, even though I can only use paint "well")

Attachments

so heres my entry

talonshame.jpg

Pokedex Entry: After KILLING too many pokemon in wifi battles Arceus decided it was enough. Arceus took the talonflame's spirit away and left the spirit in pain. Arceus made the spirit even more angry by leaving an orb above its head with its former heart inside, this was a punishment to the Talonflame, which Arceus called Talonshame, for what it did to those poor pokemon in wifi battles. The Talonshame now travels throughout the whole world to get revenge on Arceus.

I had a great idea for the ghost type part, but the ground type really got me stumped. I suck at drawing but this challenge really got me excited, even though I know im not going to win. More entries HOPEFULLY coming soon. :)

Here's my entry and hopefully entries when I update it:

• Froslass
  • Bug/ Fighting
  • Changed the "obi" or belt of the kimono into a sumo wrestler's "fundoshi".
  • Gave it a neck scarf that has butterfly wings reminiscent of Kamen Rider 1's design.
  • Design is based on the quote "Float like a butterfly and sting like a bee."

Last edited:
Type-change again..! This time for the inconspicuous, low-profile Meloetta.

Meloetta-Aria Forme (Normal, Psychic) -> (Rock, Fire) [GARNET]
Meloetta-Pirouette Forme (Normal, Fighting) -> (Rock, Water) [LAPIS]
Garnets are a type of red stones, Lapis are a type of blue stones. I made the Meloettas more crystalline and angular in form in order to fulfill the rock-type requisites.

I seriously hope I don't bust another rule at this point haha (these things take at least 2 hrs!). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for its legitimacy :)

Type-change again..! This time for the inconspicuous, low-profile Meloetta.

Meloetta-Aria Forme (Normal, Psychic) -> (Rock, Fire) [GARNET]
Meloetta-Pirouette Forme (Normal, Fighting) -> (Rock, Water) [LAPIS]
Garnets are a type of red stones, Lapis are a type of blue stones. I made the Meloettas more crystalline and angular in form in order to fulfill the rock-type requisites.

I seriously hope I don't bust another rule at this point haha (these things take at least 2 hrs!). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for its legitimacy :)
Wow, the concept is fantastic. I also like how you changed as little as possible visually, yet made a huge impact with the touches you did add. It really captures the spirit of the competition for sure. <3

To me your link is broken. Make sure the link is valid, and that we can see it. Otherwise, we can't accept it!
sorry, I uploaded from a school computer after one of my exams for the year. anyways, I remade it using paint instead of photoshop, and this should work.

and I hope it worked this time.
note that I did not steal this from Moshushu. I thought of this after seeing the entry.
I based this one off of a female wrestler, thus the strange colours on the face. It was hard to incorporate bug elements into the image, but with the typing, I decided it best to make a nimble fighter that relies on speed as much as it does on strength.
ta da.

Attachments

Last edited:
and another. This one lacks changes, but the new types fit the original quite well anyways.
The change was odd for me. Ghost/Dragon to Bug/Steel.
Giratina was already a centipede in nature, and the greys created an armor feel, so I added some sheet webbing between the wing (I honestly don't know what to call them.) things to create more solid wings. some minor re-colouring was done to enforce the bug feel. and finally, I added a space background for the contrast between the blue and red. also, nyan cat.

Attachments

Last edited:

Regime

the party is December 18th
is an Artist Alumnus
and another. This one lacks changes, but the new types fit the original quite well anyways.

The change was odd for me. Ghost/Dragon to Bug/Steel.
Giratina was already a centipede in nature, and the greys created an armor feel, so I added some sheet webbing between the wing (I honestly don't know what to call them.) things to create more solid wings. some minor re-colouring was done to enforce the bug feel. and finally, I added a space background for the contrast between the blue and red. also nyan cat.
First, I can't see the posts, SECOND, don't double post. This isn't your art thread.

OK, made a new entry as I wasn't too happy with my previous, you know, being just a recolour.

Electric/water breloom

This eel-like pokémon disguises itself as underwater flora, waiting for herbivorous prey to approach. If it senses approaching pokémon with its blue electroceptive antenna, it discharges a powerful current in the immediate area, stunning anything which gets to close, be it prey or predator.

First, I can't see the posts, SECOND, don't double post. This isn't your art thread.
first, that was a dumb error. second, the one before I had to repost due to the same error. and finally, the was a solid 50 minutes between posts. don't hate the fact that I use the pixel art instead of hand drawing, the reason I can create type changes so quickly. I will try to hand draw one soon. Honestly, this is turning into a hobby.

and now, my hand drawn creation:
IMG_2307.JPG

This creation(sorry for the poor photo) is related to Camerupt.
the blue stone mask is made entirely of a mixture of saphire and diamond. the jewels that compose the face are varied between members of the species. The volcanic energy that erupts from it's horns are built up within the coal-based life-form that simbioticly lives on it's rear side.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)