PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

Quite Quiet

I need a kitchen knife that doesn't whisper to me
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Regice's shiny back model had a bunch of transparent pixels in it. (I haven't done anything else lately :()

Quite Quiet

is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Here's two more:
Had a white fill between the horns i a frame
Head was flashing for a frame

Shiny Pumpkaboo-Super has a team preview backsprite but it's just an empty box in the actual battle itself. I haven't tried other sizes or seen opposing Shiny Pumpkaboo. The not shiny version works just fine. Also, I haven't used the other sizes, but Super seems a little small. Could be misleading to the opponent. There isn't a shiny sprite for it either in Team Builder.

There is a problem with the in battle sprite for genesect-Burn. It appears as shiny from both players perspectives. Here is a screen shot:
Screenshot (43).png
and here is the pokemon data:
Genesect @ Burn Drive
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Techno Blast
- Flamethrower
- Blaze Kick
- Psychic

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
There is a problem with the in battle sprite for genesect-Burn. It appears as shiny from both players perspectives. Here is a screen shot:View attachment 44116 and here is the pokemon data:
Genesect @ Burn Drive
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Techno Blast
- Flamethrower
- Blaze Kick
- Psychic
The moves Blaze Kick, Shift Gear, and Extreme Speed will force any Genesect who has at least one them to be Shiny due to that being the only way Genesect can get those moves (event). Have you tried switching out Blaze Kick for a move that isn't one of these 3?

The Shiny sprites for Gourgeist-Super/-Large/-Small (both front and back) are using the non-shiny Gourgeist colors. Normal size Gourgeist is fine though.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
The Shiny sprites for Gourgeist-Super/-Large/-Small (both front and back) are using the non-shiny Gourgeist colors. Normal size Gourgeist is fine though.
The shiny gourgeist (small/large/super), both front and back, all use the same model. From what I can tell in-battles, all of them show up with the proper sprites.

extra: I had this laying around, so figured I'd post it...
Underside of wings were the wrong colour.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I was watching one of the CanadianWifier 's videos and I noticed something a little strange: The background just below the Klefkis is blurring slightly, in sync with the swaying of the Klefki.

I tried replicating it on my desktop but everything looked fine... Just thought it was interesting enough to bring up.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Not a major problem, but the Trevenant sprite is not transparent. As you can see there's white spots between the arms and white pixel near the legs.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?

Blissey's shiny sprite has a white circle shadow over it's face.

Blissey has a similar one, but it's less noticeable, not sure if it's supposed to be shadows, but it just looks off.

Has the Noivern been fully fixed?

Sorry, my phone can't seem to get a pic on here. But it flashes everywhere last I checked, dunno if its been changed or not.

----Edit: I forgot one!

Gabite seems to have a tiny problem with its neck.

----Edit: I forgot another one!

Ekans has a flash in the yellow stripe on its neck

Last edited:

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
on his forehead are dancing pink pixels, I don't think that's meant to happen.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Kasumi♥ That sprite is from Smogon's sprite archive, not PS! archive. They aren't the same model :/

Layell / chaos (I don't know who's in charge of this) is it possible to update Smogon to use PS! models? Because a lot of Smogon's models have some errors that have since been fixed in the models used by PS!.

Parts of its neck were the wrong colour

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it would be up to me to harass chaos at some point, which I normally do when I see him on irc. I'll try and get to that soon with the next general update.

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
The Raichu male/female models aren't the same size and regular/shiny doesn't use the same gender on the mode, which make the shiny look slightly off...
Same gender model as the regular
That neck band flshing

this one isn't that important / urgent but i noticed it, so...

skitty's shiny back sprite is moving in a slightly slower speed than the non-shiny (you can't really tell unless you look at them sidebyside). i didn't actually notice this one until i switched my skitty from a non-shiny to shiny and saw how much slower the tail was moving compared to before.

edit:

the white shading spot on its head and its leftmost (our left) key flash pink.

Last edited:

Quite Quiet

TFP Leader
Some random minor fixes. These are more obscure than before. The Klefki issue mentioned above is harder to fix, because there aren't enough colours to go around :(

Animation stutter when flapping
Shading on the fabric holding the scabbard (or w/e it is)
See above post
PS! expects a 44 x 47 Snorunt model. Neither of the current ones fit that size, and they're both different size as well so I fixed up a new set...
Spinarak's shiny model is one pixel higher than the current regular version. This one is the same size as the shiny.

Snorunt is still this spazzy thing, but I don't know if it's supposed to be like that or not.

I don't really know about this one, but aren't Serperior's eyes supposed to be reddish orange, not that yellowish brown color?
Snorunt is supposed to be like that, he's cold so he's shaking his body to try and keep it's body temperature warm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)