Project PU Player of the Week - EviGaro

ishtar

temper madness with an even extreme
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
PU Leader
Approved by Akir
Inspired partially by the previous iteration of Player of the Week as well as Player Interview

mag gif 2.gif

EviGaro
Favorite Pokemon: :magearna:
Most used Pokemon in BW PU: :monferno:

Most known for: RU leader, manager of the Snake Draft IV team Ambrette Astrotias, manager of the finalist PUPL VI team Vroom Vroom Carkols, Global Driver, BW PU enthusiast.

togetic.png
Howdy, missis Evigobo, how are you doing on this fine day?

mag rumble.png
howdy mr keppy, I'm doing well since our pu goat just won the first match of the season what about you

togetic.png
I'm going, alright LOL. I'm glad youre doing well! Can you tell us a little bit about yourself outside of smoogon?

mag rumble.png
I'm a Canadian living in Montréal, studied in political science for way too long until my head exploded due to postgrad stress and took a small break. I help people with disabilities going through school at the moment and it's fun, albeit going back to school in those times is kinda nervewracking lol. But it's something that has always been interesting to me overall, the teaching / support you can give to people with your own experiences and that it's a privilege that should be shared if you have the abilities too, and I hope to do more of that in life

togetic.png
That's great, evi. Do you believe that that sort of support role has translated into your role as a manager for these different tours? Obviously it's a totally different dynamic that can't be compared experience-wise but the human aspect is relevant in both.

mag rumble.png
Honestly the main reason why I like managing is that I'm obsessed with making teams. Although there's some merit to that in the sense that I generally believe in trying to make those relationships as equal as possible, not really brandishing authority or a certain knowledge over people lol. Like say with uni students I always tried to make sure in discussions that their experience was what mattered and it's how they connect with what they are studying that will help them gain a much better overall understanding, rather than just memorizing authors and theories cause you learn nothing that way. I guess it's oddly the same in pokemon, I don't know shit about DPP PU ROFL so heck I can be there if you have troubles for sure but I can't tell you how to build

togetic.png
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense! And we'll delve into those experiences later on, but right now I wanted to ask you if you'd be kind enough to share with me and the people any song that you like or relate to in some way. I'm tryna make this interview format a lot more personalized and I believe that this would be a great way of knowing who Evidith is!

mag rumble.png
ok so the one song thing is impossible so I'm going to try to limit to... uh, four, yes. First one is Travel by The Gathering. Favourite band of all time, so technically forty songs would apply to this but like, Travel makes the most sense since it's epic and the lyrics - an ode to Mozart, I believe - also apply to just how much I think of the singer, no other person in music makes me feel the things she does. Need to rep the avatar, so Bat for Lashes - Oh yeah! Because that song makes me feel, yeah. I always loved Lovesong by The Cure actually, even though I'm way more into their early work in general the lyrics there spoke to me a ton in really dark times. Also I'm currently obsessed by Pomme for some reason, so picking Grandiose here because that song made me cry so hard

togetic.png
Awesome, thank you, evi! Let's go back to the topic of managing now! Its definitely been a fun and intense ride for you coming from managing the Vroom Vroom Carkols for PUPL, and now managing the Ambrette Astrotias for Snake. I wanna ask you, how did you get started managing and when did you knew that you were "ready" to do so?

mag rumble.png
ummmm, it was rupl in 2018 I believe. I played the previous one with the Ajnas, and I went 5-1 but lost the last game of the season (I GOT HAXED OK) and idk, I liked that team and wanted to prove myself some more in RU. It also happened that four people from that team - Ajna, Feli, Diogo and I - managed that same rupl which also made it that more entertaining. And then we won it LOL so I wanted to try more of that, signed up for pupl, got picked and still unsure why tbh, which was another fun tour so I just did more and more.

togetic.png
And here we are! Very epic! In your previous PU Player of the week you talked about the influence of McMeghan as a player in you. Is there a specific tour game involving McMeghan that you love and sometimes go back to?

mag rumble.png
His BW game vs Tesung in Smogon Tour 20 Finals is generally regarded as one of the best, and for good reasons I think. Pretty much a good example of how left field he can be in building and I think that while yes being fundamentally solid is very important, having a touch of personality just makes things more fun lol

togetic.png
Good shit! Lets look towards the future now! With the Snek draft being over and a week to evaluate team dynamics, how are you feeling about the team you and HJAD came up with?

mag rumble.png
Need to be seen in action some more to know what are the kinks we need to work on, but it's been very active so far and we obviously have good knowledge in pretty much every tier, so that helped for figuring out where the team in that term. Of course having knowledge can be a double-edged sword since it funnily enough can lead to overprep / overthinking what you want to use, so we'll see if we need to have some restraints on that front very soon, but quite happy really. I know the PRs said we didn't really have dominant pieces and tbh... that's kinda intentional with the way I draft. I would much rather have a generally solid team with some potential standouts than ask myself questions about like half the roster every week even when things are going decently.

togetic.png
And those results showed through PUPL! Can you walk us through the different team dynamics that went into making the Carkols a successful team?

mag rumble.png
Well like I mentioned to the team after the season, I was not in a good place at all this year, so I just wanted to make a team of people I would like and just try to have fun with it, make it active and fun for people while getting friends back (which led to the RU jerk). LST early on for not that much was good since it made us more solid in SM from the start and I HATE SM so much right now, plus he's someone I wanted back from the activity debacle of last year lol. Then every team at the auction had a stroke and let me have star for really nothing so at that point I was like well dang we might actually compete now LOL so just finished it with active people that could support our good slots and it kinda worked

togetic.png
It sure did! You also had one of the best individual record for the tour in what some might describe as the least explored PU old gen in PUPL. What advice would you give to players tryna get into BW PU?

mag rumble.png
Pay attention to team synergy moreso than what is good in the tier. A lot of people starting just stack some very good mons - Zebstrika, Throh, Jumpluff - but keep opening themselves to some things that are super threatening because 1 - everyone who plays that tier knows these mons are good and 2 - that line of thinking is of no use against someone who knows how to win games in this tier. Think more in the perspective of ok, there's this and this that are the main threats, speed control is this and this and this, those are my hazards options, those are breakers that can benefit me. Basically it's just like, building in every tier, so that should be the focus rather than just go with what is conventionally considered good since this meta is extremely underdeveloped anyway

togetic.png
Few know the BW PU meta inside and out like you do. Mention one overrated and one underrated threat in BW PU.

mag rumble.png
overrated: Duosion, for sure. Very good mon that is hard to beat with what is conventionally used in the tier - see my game week 2 when it beats a SpD Zweilous - but really hard to get going in a meta that is so much about momentum. Adding to that and going back to the first question lol, Lilburr is a good example of a player that went from that approach to building to a completely different one in pupl. Week 1 she used a generally good team with Duosion as a wincon, lost because the team had massive issues she was not aware of, took the time while benched to learn how to build for herself and ended up doing amazing. Duosion is good and all, but it's really not the ez wincon some people would like you to believe, and it's a bit of a trap for newer players.
underrated: Monferno. It's not Combusken, thankfully! But it's really good in its own right, amazing speed for the tier, pretty good versatility between rocker / pivot sets, some choiced ones albeit they are a bit meh, and the great SD set. Very difficult to stop when it starts going and covers some surprisingly useful defensive stuff, namely sun. Sneasel is also an underrated pick in my eyes, SD Punishment is quite good overall in that tier for example.

togetic.png
Wow, GA might not agree w that first one, but there y'all have it from missis BW! On the topic of development, how do you feel about the BW PU meta after the conclusion of this PUPL? How has it progressed and where do you think it should go next?

mag rumble.png
Hopefully some of the players that took a liking to it stick around some more, and I do think there's some people that did make their mark in bw pu in a way that didn't happen as much in the editions I have seen in the past. Not really sure how the meta will go tbh since there's going to be a drought right now in bw playing, so excited to see where things will end up going next year but hopefully we add some players to what started this year. tl/dr: idfk

togetic.png
Should Goth go?

mag rumble.png
nah, Gothorita is fine in my eyes, sure trapping is generally lame but Goth has pretty big issues in this tier as a setup mon and it's not like it's an unfair way of punishing passive play when this meta has already way too much that punishes passive play without having the inconsistencies of Gothorita.

togetic.png
Moving onto more pressing manners, you recently posted a lengthy post about Klinklang and its effect in the current SS PU meta. Have you had the time to think about some of the drops and do you feel like your opinion on mons like Klinklang could change in the current meta?

mag rumble.png
I was very busy thinking about if Heracross was too good for the RU tier ( - ) so I haven't looked too too much at what's good in the drops, but there's some good and some bad I think. Lots of the new mons actually tank its hits pretty well from what I can see and can press it offensively pretty well, but there's really nothing new that actually adds counters to Klinklang so basically it can still do the same things it did except now the metagame has even more threats to cover on top of it soooo yeah I'm skeptical.

togetic.png
Yup, gotta wait and see. On the topic of "where we're going", I wanted to ask you how you feel about the pool of PU players drafted for Snake in relation to last year!

mag rumble.png
I think it's better than last year for sure, teams really mostly went with PU players this year unlike last when half the good players ended up as undrafted support. Excited to see more of the mains, especially mr tlenit1 and Skipkan because I always scratch my head when I see their builds at preview and honestly we all need that in our lives, speak to the personality thing I was talking about earlier

togetic.png
Of course! Many many players and exciting matches to follow this week thru Snake. Which are some of missis Evi's Snake highlight matches that no one should miss?

mag rumble.png
Gonna abstain from my team cause you know: Ajna vs roman is always a trip and a half, Star vs Eo Ut Mortus looks dope, John W vs mncmt is intriguing and for PU Ktütverde vs Kink is the wildest matchup on paper pls be there and keep an open mind at preview

togetic.png
Awesome matches to follow! In the spirit of MZ, I asked him if he'd allow me to include a segment with his always very interesting question about media. So evi, what sort of media/art have you been consuming lately? (Books, shows, music, movies, podcast, vids, w/e)

mag rumble.png
Ok so funny story there was a controversy over a local adaptation of Brooklyn Nine Nine here over the whitewashing of the two female leads, so I was like uh idk might as well check out if that matters a lot in the original and holy I can't stop watching that jesus. Besides that I watched a bit of history things on netflix / disney + since I'm a bit of a nerd with ancient history, some shows even, not really into movies much at the moment. In music I got into random French music recently like I alluded to earlier and more of the same in general outside of that

togetic.png
Lmao that's great. Ok, Evi. For this "Spill the Sinistea" we gonna go back and to the future! Mention the funniest, stupidest, most big brain and most ridiculous Carkol moments of the whole tour.

mag rumble.png
When trixx left a building session in call to find his pants and was afk for six hours.

togetic.png
LOL, yknow i was gonna ask you for the most memorable VC moment for you during the whole tour. Is it that one or does any other stand out?

mag rumble.png
I think that was it, or when trixx spend like seven hours building an Ursaring team

togetic.png
Truly an agent of chaos. I've got a few rapid questions about the Astrotias now! Who of your are you most likely to work well with?

mag rumble.png
Well I've been in idk how many team tours with Feliburn so that's gonna be an easy answer really. I don't think there's anyone hard to work with though thankfully. I guess that keppy guy is fine too,

togetic.png
Who's the most likely to make you laugh?

mag rumble.png
when HJAD pops up week 5 saying sup gamers are we still in this

togetic.png
Who's the most likely to send a million pastes with tons of ideas and teams?

mag rumble.png
Finchinator or devinn, although devinn is more likely to be like yo bro tell me how I can help I have all these ideas

togetic.png
Who's the most likely to make you cringe on a weekly basis?

mag rumble.png
me actually

togetic.png
LOL. Who's the person to most likely make you go "-"?

mag rumble.png
Bouff

togetic.png
Most likely to lose their mind?

mag rumble.png
Finchinator, Bouff, or me

togetic.png
Finally, most likely to send the wildest sets/teams?

mag rumble.png
me. well technically Paraplegic since no one knows about dou ROFL

togetic.png
Lmaoo, yea im so pumped to see that match. Ok evi, I got 3 more questions for you! Top 3 fav barba quotes, please

mag rumble.png
oh no, three??? Mother of papaya he has octillery, damn coffee is like a gurdurr and anything about spying the neighbor's dog

togetic.png
is okay lol. Favorite chess player?

mag rumble.png
Judit Polgár ofc

togetic.png
Awesome. Alright evi, finally, name some of your favorite people in the community!

mag rumble.png
oh this is the part where it gets sad really. Chrisloud got me into the PU community all those years ago and he will always be in my memories one of my favourite people in the community. Still miss him a lot. On a more positive note thank you to avarice, Bag of Trixx and ofc keppy to have made this year a lot more positive recently, and ofc the numerous PU veterans, you know who you are at this point.

togetic.png
Appreciate ya a lot and we're all super lucky to have you as well! Thank you so much for your time, evi :)

mag rumble.png
anytime my dear pal, now give me three builds for next week rfn

togetic.png
oml is the end

Missis EviGobo was kind enough to show us one of her BW PU teams from PUPL:
:muk: :gothorita: :klang: :torterra: :mawile: :swanna:

so semifinals team vs Lilburr, wanted to use Muk again since it's been a while and it often catches people by surprise. Gothorita is the other weird thing but essentially what checks Muk happens to be a lot of the psychic types for one, which trick really shutdowns, and some of the offensive pressure, which the moveset can cover decently. I think it's the best Goth now fwiw, since removing dangerous offensive threats like the monkeys or Swanna and shutting down bulky stuff at the same time is really huge in this tier. Klang is the glue, probably the best in the tier albeit I opted for more of a sweeper set here since I wanted to focus on a wincon and my offensive stuff was reliant on switching into things, and volt is no help vs the grounds. However Torterra is! I prefer CB Stoutland for sure, but Torterra's resists and moves have merits for sure, and they made more sense here. It also bluffes a rocker set since SD Mawile is also a giant threat in the tier and I have used it, so it's something to keep in mind. Swanna is another fast stuff / ground immune for the team that patches a few holes really. Team has some weaknesses for sure - Zebstrika has been a little bit silly without Vigoroth lol - but overall I really liked the idea behind this team and it barely uses the standard good mons!

Thanks again to Evi for sharing some of her time to be part of this interview! Ask her things, or try to figure out the meaning of her username again!

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Salutations EviGaro, I hope you are having a 6.5/10 evening.

As a PU enthusiast, it intrigues me that you picked fellow PU player HJAD to manage with you in Smogon Snake Draft Four. However, it seems like you mocked him when responding to one of your questions. Do you regret deciding on this assistant manager? Are you trying to start a civil war within the confines of the Ambrette Astrotias chat? What will come of this!?

In addition, I am very curious as to your thoughts on counterplay to Mr. Mime-Galar in the Sword and Shield PU metagame? It seems my good friend Keppy would also greatly benefit from this knowledge being provided, too, so please be as detailed as possible in response.

Finally, if you could describe the Black and White Two PU metagame in one word and one word only, what word would it be?

im p sure i asked you questions in ur ru interview (though i mightve not idek) but w/e

what do you consider managing highlights?

do you find yourself getting sick of f*nch this season?

do you think the recent rise of bw ru hate is deserved?

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I see BW good, DPP not so good. How do you feel about ADV?

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Sup

What PU pokemon is best in the current RU meta? I remember seeing Tangela, Drednaw, and Appletun in RU Snake ;o

What RU pokemon would be balanced in pu

Is BW PU your favorite competitive tier to play? If not what is

Any opinions on the SS PU drops? Is there anything you think is OP, are they good additions to the tier, etc. if you’ve been too busy with this week’s metas for Snake that’s fine tho, same here

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
Sometimes I keep scratching my head as well, just like after yesterdays game. Altho thanks for ur nice words.
Anyhow, I've been doing some magical RU lately and it has been very enjoyable, just like NU. Who are the players to follow teambuilding wisely and will pop off most to presents more or less unmeta things that works in RU Snake.

Personally I have always enjoyed to follow Pepeduce working and used to play lot vs him in SM RU. Do you have any favorities in RU who never disappoints you while they're playing?

And last, gimme RU team with new drops

Katy

Banned deucer.
Hey Evi,

what is your most liked and most hated PU pkmn this gen and why?

what is the drop you are most excited for of the recent tier-shift and why would you build with this certain pkmn a team?

running back a gen; is there any pu pkmn you would like to build with if there will be a tour you have the chance to play gen7 pu?

favorite dessert after a great meal?

what is your favorite season of the year and why so?

Bag of Trixx

I like to call it a passion
is a Pre-Contributor
RONY <4444444

1) What is your opinion on pants? Do you have as big of a hatred toward them as I do?

2) We are all aware you are the BW PU queen, but what is your preferred RU gen to play? When it comes to BW PU, is it more so the BW mechanics you enjoy or is it the meta as a whole, or some combination of both?

3) Send me some recipes of good Montréal deli sandwiches!

4) Howdy

-Bag of Trixx [old]

Last edited:

Lily

wouldn't that be fine, dear
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
oml let's go

1) Thoughts on Scraggy?
2) Will I ever win a game against you in BW PU?
3) What's your favourite SS tier in general? If it's RU, 2nd favourite
4) What do you like to do outside of mons for fun? If it's something you can't rlly do atm bc of covid, what -did- you like to do?
5) If you could ban any mon(s) from BW PU, which ones would you choose? I'm leaning towards Goth, Pluff, Beheeyem, maaaybe Simipour? Curious to see what you think
6) Top 3 Sensei Axew takes?
7) Anything you think is unhealthy in SS RU atm? I thought it'd be Rotom but uh we kinda yoinked him so
8) Favourite Pokemon to use in your favourite ever tier?
9) Do you still play mainline Pokemon games? Regardless of your answer, can you show us your in-game team from your most recent game?
10) Who has the best opinions in the RU discord? Correct answers only

Hope you're having a good day and thank you for taking the time to do this <3

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Salutations EviGaro, I hope you are having a 6.5/10 evening.

As a PU enthusiast, it intrigues me that you picked fellow PU player HJAD to manage with you in Smogon Snake Draft Four. However, it seems like you mocked him when responding to one of your questions. Do you regret deciding on this assistant manager? Are you trying to start a civil war within the confines of the Ambrette Astrotias chat? What will come of this!?

In addition, I am very curious as to your thoughts on counterplay to Mr. Mime-Galar in the Sword and Shield PU metagame? It seems my good friend Keppy would also greatly benefit from this knowledge being provided, too, so please be as detailed as possible in response.

Finally, if you could describe the Black and White Two PU metagame in one word and one word only, what word would it be?
- I believe there is a significant difference between treating people with kindness and treating people to a 6.5/10 evening but hi!

- yes

- Definitely a poor First Impression in terms of offensive checks, but consider this: Klinklang's counterplay being dodge with a 15% chance of it missing should in theory hold to other mons with a higher chance of missing!

- :facepalm:

What is the meaning of your username
Already said it I thought? It's part of the name I'm aiming at getting and part of another name I may or may not have or may or may not be a pop culture reference

bro I told u it's an anagram for AI grove
:psynervous:

im p sure i asked you questions in ur ru interview (though i mightve not idek) but w/e

what do you consider managing highlights?

do you find yourself getting sick of f*nch this season?

do you think the recent rise of bw ru hate is deserved?
- Winning rupl, fricking over three teams in the snake III auction

- yes

- yes

So I see BW good, DPP not so good. How do you feel about ADV?
Smoochum is viable so like great tier. More seriously I find it very funny and I generally think adv is the perfect mechanics for no preview gens, I tend to view dpp as more in the line of the next generations but failing critically at what makes most of those tiers work.

wait im managing? this is news to me!

what makes keppy the undisputed #1 pick of the pu field and particularly good in this era of politically used
He was available in like round 9, so goat
Also dw you're still not close to being hit with the Mounts tag yet

Sup

What PU pokemon is best in the current RU meta? I remember seeing Tangela, Drednaw, and Appletun in RU Snake ;o

What RU pokemon would be balanced in pu

Is BW PU your favorite competitive tier to play? If not what is

Any opinions on the SS PU drops? Is there anything you think is OP, are they good additions to the tier, etc. if you’ve been too busy with this week’s metas for Snake that’s fine tho, same here
sup

- Gonna assume Watervally might not stay, but this mon was good in RU before, so maybe that. I think Gorse is pretty decent, so is Tangela, and I kinda think Rime has potential for serious

- is it cheating to say Torkoal lol. I doubt Claydol would be broken too, NP is kinda funny but it's a way worse Rime or Mime in that respect

- uhhh, not really, but that's hard to say cause it depends on the context? I like playing bw uu with people when messing around, but if by competitive you mean like, I have one game to win, I can decide where we're playing, I think the answer is always gonna be SM RU. There isn't a tier I get more annoyed at losing in because I still think in my mind I should win every game in this tier

- Watervally seems ok until people use its coverage, Bouff is strong but not sure yet, rest seems whatever

Sometimes I keep scratching my head as well, just like after yesterdays game. Altho thanks for ur nice words.
Anyhow, I've been doing some magical RU lately and it has been very enjoyable, just like NU. Who are the players to follow teambuilding wisely and will pop off most to presents more or less unmeta things that works in RU Snake.

Personally I have always enjoyed to follow Pepeduce working and used to play lot vs him in SM RU. Do you have any favorities in RU who never disappoints you while they're playing?

And last, gimme RU team with new drops
:blobnom:

- Funnily enough, I would have said Pepeduce too lmao. Honestly it's weird right now because most of the people that are good haven't really inspired me when they play... Building just seems very meh? I think Feli is pretty fun to watch though when he gets in touch with his wilder side. odr is always really interesting imo, will tweak around with standard mons that everyone think they figured out but then he pops off and wins.

- Nice try, we have like no drops LOL and we're still playing this week :blobglare:

If my cold is your hot, then what is your cold?
Ok so once I was walking to school, the wind was in my face and it was snowing, but the wind was so strong every snowflake felt like a dagger in my face.

That is cold.

get tagged

Hey Evi,

what is your most liked and most hated PU pkmn this gen and why?

what is the drop you are most excited for of the recent tier-shift and why would you build with this certain pkmn a team?

running back a gen; is there any pu pkmn you would like to build with if there will be a tour you have the chance to play gen7 pu?

favorite dessert after a great meal?

what is your favorite season of the year and why so?
hi!

- liked: Kadabra!
hated: ok so it might be surprising but Lilligant is actually one of my favourite mons... but I groan audibly every time I see it at preview. Facing that thing is always so bad

- Always liked Lurantis, oddball breaker with some useful utility so I can see it being quite good. Not super flexible in terms of which teams you put it on but I would try for sure

- Alolan Raichu + Ursaring is the only archetype I want

- japanese ice cream + coffee is so good

- Spring or Fall because it's after stupid cold or stupid heat, so you have good weather for like two weeks in both seasons.

RONY <4444444

1) What is your opinion on pants? Do you have as big of a hatred toward them as I do?

2) We are all aware you are the BW PU queen, but what is your preferred RU gen to play? When it comes to BW PU, is it more so the BW mechanics you enjoy or is it the meta as a whole, or some combination of both?

3) Send me some recipes of good Montréal deli sandwiches!

4) This question is for both you and keppy. Why was there no howdy?

5) Howdy

-Bag of Trixx [old]
howdy

- I always have pants on ROFL

- Uhhh in RU because I have to be updated on what is going on - since you know, rutl - I generally prefer playing the actual gen, and I'm still burned out of SM even though it's easily my best gen and objectively the best RU tier. I quite like BW in general, something about the faster meta the gen offers that I enjoy I guess compared to the more stable gens that followed. Some tiers are really bad (read: ru and nu) but for the most part it's fairly enjoyable

- gonna look up the restaurants again I think

- Dude it was literally the first word we both said LOL

- Howdy

oml let's go

1) Thoughts on Scraggy?
2) Will I ever win a game against you in BW PU?
3) What's your favourite SS tier in general? If it's RU, 2nd favourite
4) What do you like to do outside of mons for fun? If it's something you can't rlly do atm bc of covid, what -did- you like to do?
5) If you could ban any mon(s) from BW PU, which ones would you choose? I'm leaning towards Goth, Pluff, Beheeyem, maaaybe Simipour? Curious to see what you think
6) Top 3 Sensei Axew takes?
7) Anything you think is unhealthy in SS RU atm? I thought it'd be Rotom but uh we kinda yoinked him so
8) Favourite Pokemon to use in your favourite ever tier?
9) Do you still play mainline Pokemon games? Regardless of your answer, can you show us your in-game team from your most recent game?
10) Who has the best opinions in the RU discord? Correct answers only

Hope you're having a good day and thank you for taking the time to do this <3
oml

- Good mon
- prolly, it's BW and hax giveth and taketh
- LC actually
- I really just like walking freely in the city for the most part tbh, and then looking stuff in libraries or restaurants or just going to movies sooo yeah most of it has been cancelled. I do play other games though so there's that
- Does sleep count? If so that, maybe Simipour too tbh
- Sharpedo being fine outpaces everything else by so much I can't even remember anything else
- Nah, Rotom was fine but boring as well
- Mismagius in SM RU, or Suicune in BW UU because I'm really not a good person
- I was trying to nuzlocke hgss but got kinda bored, lemme see.... Sandshrew, Flaffy, Crobat, Quilava, Gyarados, Magnemite. Good team
- Technically me since I only say you because you agree with me the most

Brandon

My flop era is lowkey serving
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hello missis evigobo!!!

1.) Since you are a political science nerd, what can we (Americans) do to just make it through November?
2.) Since you watch a lot of history shows, what's your favorite ancient/old timey civilization to learn about?
3.) Favorite conspiracy theory? (I know if you watch history shows you run into them!!!).
4.) Who is your favorite B99 character?
5.) What was one of your favorite things as a noob player that you thought was amazing but was actually unviable?

Heroic Troller

Through the Sea of Time
is a Tiering Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
World Defender
You enjoyed a great first half of the season in last year's SPL, but ended up going on a losing streak after your 3-0 head start. There is a theory going around the community that this happened because of the "Kobe curse". Directly after Kobe Bryant's passing was reported you made this comment in the Tournaments server, which many believed to be in bad taste, given it was said immediately after a sports legend had died. You weren't able to win a game for the rest of the season. Do you buy into the Kobe curse? Did the backlash you received affect your gameplay at all? I suppose what I'm asking is, what is your take and perspective on it all? Thanks!

Ajna

i tell my ppl i don't need love but
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
You enjoyed a great first half of the season in last year's SPL, but ended up going on a losing streak after your 3-0 head start. There is a theory going around the community that this happened because of the "Kobe curse". Directly after Kobe Bryant's passing was reported you made this comment in the Tournaments server, which many believed to be in bad taste, given it was said immediately after a sports legend had died. You weren't able to win a game for the rest of the season. Do you buy into the Kobe curse? Did the backlash you received affect your gameplay at all? I suppose what I'm asking is, what is your take and perspective on it all? Thanks!
you’re a fucking loser lol

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
Do You think Your success not being an overwhelming victory is the best possible outcome for Yourself?

Just in terms of avoiding a target on Your back and keeping modest can easily out endure more fiery players and are better suited for a long game.

If so, do You think You'll take a break soon?

1.) Since you are a political science nerd, what can we (Americans) do to just make it through November?
The US has so many issues to the point anything less than a Civil war is a band aid, but that chance for one has passed for now because if we did China could blockade Hawaii, stave the people and Russia/china would steal pieces of our country. Most of America, UK, Japan, India, Vietnam, and case by case other counties will shift their view to the Chinese issue and how they rob counties of literally everything, installing puppets and the ccp cannibalizes their people/land/recourses and will turn all Your work into Ash. I think Iran, china, Russia's power struggle in our politics is going to keep us trapped with strong men unless we shift to being Chinese independent and invest in: Renewables, Food and quality of life while grappling with A.I., Genetic engineering(You could create very resource cheap super/spy soldiers in jungles/mountains/bunkers),limits of economics and etc. P.s. we should arm Nepal

Stay aware of Your real surroundings, I've been robbed 5 times on the east side but right now people are just saving their bullets which is literally currency. Feel safe for now and try to talk to local people, I've meet a few crazy people who want to form militias out of protection/fear and racism and have told me some evil, hateful, shit. Trying to check them with wanting peace of mind, china, and saying is the US spilt up We'd never thrive
with our pieces having cut off supply lines like in Africa and the pieces could take 100's of years to make work again.

Something more Local for instance, West of Indy is Plainfield, it's where most of our factories, warehouses, and shipping takes place. It's a fairly uppity place with most of their restaurant and etc. getting first cut.
The Cost of living is stupid high and the bulk of workers can't afford to live over there even warehouse managers/well paid driver salaries unless they're both higher end earners.

But all of their workers are basically forced to live in Indianapolis where the companies are off the hook on dumps/taxes

Use Your senses to try and track local problems, support state/local rights, imo as a state we should have the right to impeach our senators and we need ranked voting.

Sry I've listened to NPR since I was 17 and have wanted to write something for a while

Hello, fellow pokemon player EviGaro

1. As someone looking to get more into RU (shoutouts to my friend Oathkeepre for sparking my interest), do you have any tips in regards to building/what's good?
2. What's the wackiest tech you've ever seen someone bring to a game?
3. What's the best Bug/Flying-type and why is it Ninjask?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)