Public Enemies

Hello Smogon, and thank you for opening up this RMT. I'm posting this RMT because the round was supposed to be over yesterday, but server crashes and what not have lead to many delays so I figured I might as well get this over with since the round was almost over. This team has had its history, so let me take some of your time to share this with you. First of all, I'm more of a Hyper Offense player. The issue is, Hyper Offense just isn't as viable as it was in the DPP era. Excadrill can take out most Hyper Offense teams by itself. This is where I started to turn to Balanced and Bulky Offense teams. I saw someone talking about a Jirachi-Gliscor-Rotom-W core on the Smogon PO chat. At that moment, I decided to make a team based off that. It was fairly successful last round, but I couldn't call it my own. I realized it was KG's core. >_> So, I decided to make a team from scratch, but had trouble deciding what to base it off. I started with Anti-lead Dragonite. The thought of a Pokemon being able to survive any hit deal immense damage back was too good to pass up. I also wanted to use Trick Room Reuniclus after seeing how weak the metagame is to it. The two make great partners with Dragonite being pretty slow and cracking the game wide open for Reuniclus to sweep late game. At this point I had my lead and what I thought would be my late game sweeper.

Rotom-W, Heatran, and Breloom were all added simultaneously. I wanted to use a FGW core that was solid and could deal some damage mid game where Dragonite would usually die. This core was great both offensively and defensively resisting every attack bar Fighting attacks. This is perfect because I can then set up Reuniclus on one. By the looks of the team at that point, it's very offensive so I added a Scizor as the last member. It pairs up perfectly with Rotom-W and Heatran. I also needed a check to the latitwins. And that's how the team came to be. I never changed it since I made it. It just worked and suited my style of play. If anything, this team is very similar to my Call of the Wild team in the way it works. This team managed to carry me to the #1 spot on the Smogon leaderboard right after the second server crash. I only held the position for a short time, though. Still, the team consistently kept me in the top 5 and I managed to attain a CRE of 1519 as my peak which is currently #2 under the name tapsumbong (a Russell Peters reference :]). I also have another alt, x-avier which I was trying to get reqs with again using this team before the server crash. I managed to get it into the top 50. Enough about what I've accomplished with the team, here it is. :)

Dragonite | Life Orb
Multiscale
252 Atk | 252 SAtk | 4 SDef
Quiet
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
---
First impression. You see a Life Orb and Multiscale. What is this guy thinking? Well, this Dragonite isn't meant to last long. It's meant to take a hit and dish one back even harder. The surprise factor just makes using him ridiculously easy. Add in the fact you get to see the opponent's team beforehand and you have something that is basically uncounterable. The only full stops to this set are Chansey, Blissey, and some Jellicent that invest heavily in defenses. Either you're carrying one of these three pokemon or you're using a lead Haxorus or Icicle Spear Mamoswine. Nothing else is stopping him from spamming Draco Meteor, Earthquake, or Fire Blast. If Dragonite's at near full health after killing something and they send in a Latios or Thundurus to revenge kill I'll gladly sacrifice this guy to deal 50% or so damage to the two and send in Scizor to seal their fate.

I play recklessly with Dragonite because his ability allows me to do so. However, I have a few rules when using him. If I see a Volcarona or Lucario, I'll lead with something else to keep Multiscale activated. I need Dragonite to deal with both of them. Against Politoed leads, I'll switch out to Rotom-W on turn one to lock them into Ice Beam if they're holding Choice Specs. It lets me get a free Volt Switch to something like Scizor or Breloom on a Virizion or Ferrothorn. Against Tyranitar leads, I'll lead with Scizor or Breloom. This is because Dragonite does not OHKO with Earthquake. I have considered Brick Break, but Earthquake lets me actually hurt Volcarona. If I see a Haxorus, I'll lead with Scizor for a free U-turn to Dragonite to KO with Extremespeed.

I'm not going to lie, its effectiveness has dwindled, and that's because more and more people are beginning to expect this, but it's still great with proper prediction. Before, I was able to just spam Draco Meteor and get away with it. Now I have to choose my options carefully: "Fire Blast that Ferrothorn I saw or Draco Meteor that Rotom?" This is often the situation I'm finding myself in. However, it's still possible to get the maximum benefit out of it if I play my cards right. What I love most about this guy is people pit their Gliscors against it thinking it can tank a CB Outrage and 2KO with Ice Fang. They get hit by a Draco Meteor. Dragonite survives Ice Fang without Multiscale and has enough health left to deal about three more attacks before Life Orb damage kills it off. Breloom is free to rampage if I get the hit on that Gliscor. Otherwise, Rotom-W and Heatran can kill it off or force it out.

Reuniclus | Life Orb
Magic Guard
192 HP | 64 Def | 252 SAtk
Quiet
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
---
Trick Room is so anti-metagame right now. Using the opponent's speed against them is just incredible. I lost count of the amount of times I've weakened a Scizor, Blissey, or Jirachi and set up Trick Room to sweep the rest of the opponent's team. I rarely ever send this guy out early. If I do, it's to get rid of HP Fire Latias or something else that threatens to sweep my team. I'll send in Reuniclus on the first Calm Mind and bluff a Calm Mind war that turn to set up Trick Room and switch to Scizor on the incoming Dragon Pulse for a Pursuit or U-turn (most of them switch out >_>). It's somewhat predictable, though so I have to be really careful or even sac Reuniclus to kill this Latias. Any other Latias is beaten easily by Scizor without Trick Room.

What I like about Trick Room is that it supports the whole team like a glue. It allows me to turn around a bad situation with one click. This whole team is pretty slow so rarely does using Trick Room backfire on me. Also, opposing Trick Room teams have to deal with this guy so eliminating a playstyle is great.

Trick Room Reuniclus not only holds the team together, but is a threat the opponent has to be prepared for the whole game. If they make one wrong move like switching their Jirachi in on Rotom-W's Volt Switch just to have it forced out by Heatran I'll weaken their counter to the point it can't wall Reuniclus anymore. Reuniclus is also a threat to just about every weather team in existence. It 2KOs all the weather starters and most of the abusers are either OHKOed or 2KOed. Sandstorm teams in particular are the most vulnerable to being swept since everything is either hit hard by Psychic or Focus Blast. The occasional Celebi or Mew is hit hard by Shadow Ball.
Rotom-W | Leftovers
Levitate
108 HP | 252 SAtk | 148 Spd
Modest
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split
---
Rotom-W is, in my opinion, one of the greatest transition Pokemon out there right now. He totally manhandles rain and sand teams making him one of the most antimetagame Pokemon in OU. The moveset is pretty standard with Thunderbolt, Hydro Pump, and Pain Split. Volt Switch is where I deviated from the norm. I did not want to use a choice item because then he can't wall Gyarados reliably so I used this set. In my opinion, Rotom has no business trying to beat things like Ferrothorn and Virizion with Hidden Power Fire. So instead, I gave it Volt Switch to lure in set up fodder for Breloom and free U-turns for Scizor. I've never regretted this decision.

As to how I play this Rotom, I spam Volt Switch even on some Ground types. Gliscors, for example, are completely walled by this guy so I just use Volt Switch until they switch. If they are sub toxic versions, they can only dream of touching Heatran. One of the only short comings of this set is that I'm walled by Gastrodon. It's annoying because I can't spam Volt Switch on Rain teams, but I have Breloom for this. Rotom-W is also my initial switchin to Excadrills and Landorus. They can't set up on anything on my team, though so I'm not threatened by them that much.

The EVs are a little different as well. I gave Rotom 148 Speed EVs to outspeed other Rotom that speed creep the 244 speed bracket. The rest were dumped first into Special Attack to hit as hard as possible and then HP to take hits better.

Heatran | Air Balloon
Flash Fire
252 SAtk | 4 SDef | 252 Spd
Timid
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
---
Heatran is a force to be reckoned with. He completely decimates two weather based playstyles on his own (Hail and Sun) and can support the team with his useful resistances and Stealth Rocks. Heatran is my insurance against Excadrill and Landorus should they break through Rotom-W. Hidden Power Ice makes it a great switchin to Dragon Dance Dragonite as it is forced to Outrage instead of Earthquake because of my Balloon. If it has Dragon Claw, it more than likely is using Fire Punch as it's coverage move and Roost. I try to get Stealth Rocks up as early as possible when facing Sun teams because Volcarona is a huge threat otherwise, and it's totally possible with smart switching.

The EVs and nature are standard fare. Max Special Attack and Speed to tie with other Timid Heatran and to outspeed Adamant Toxicroak who can really hurt the team. The Air Balloon gives me a temporary immunity to Ground attacks which is so useful.

First of all, I won't throw away my Air Balloon to set up Stealth Rocks against Sand teams. This is how I weight the benefit of Stealth Rocks against the benefit of my item. If I need my Air Balloon since the opponent still has their Excadrill or Landorus I won't send Heatran in until late game (at least I'll try not to). This is because most Sand abusers are resistant to Stealth Rocks and the extra damage is hardly worth it when you compare it to the ability to temporarily wall and KO these threats. If you're going to use this team, weigh the benefits of the item and Stealth Rocks before throwing either of them out in the field.

Breloom | Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
12 HP | 252 Atk | 244 Spd
Adamant
- Seed Bomb
- Focus Punch
- Spore
- Substitute
---
<===== Never mind the picture above. This is Breloom. I say this because Breloom is always one up the opponent. This is actually a really common scenario when up against rain teams. Rotom-W Volt Switches out of a Ferrothorn that is then forced out by Heatran. Heatran gets Stealth Rocks up and then can sac itself depending on the threat. It's usually Politoed. From there I Volt Switch again. This time over to Breloom on the Ferrothorn switchin. I Spore, set up my Substitute on the switch to either Thundurus or Tornadus and KO with Focus Punch after the LO damage done as they break my Sub. Yes, I said KO. A resisted Focus Punch is doing 60.2%-71.24% to both genies. At that point he's crippled a third of the opponent's team. So strongth.

Now, let's quit marveling at Breloom's power for a minute. It has this unique ability called Poison Heal shared only by Gliscor that allows it to absorb Poison and turn it into HP. Incredible huh? This allows me to abuse Subsitute with little penalty. I chose Seed Bomb instead of Leech Seed because Quagsire and Gastrodon can just shrug off Leech Seed with a switch whereas they're not coming back in again after getting hit with a Seed Bomb. Breloom's obligatory STAB Focus Punch hurts even things that resist it as demonstrated in the example above. Even Celebi is taking upwards 30% from it.

As to how Breloom fares against weather teams, he's my lead against Tyranitars that stay in even after seeing Dragonite as my lead in Team Preview (why do they do that? ever heard of Superpower? >_>). Anyway, he gives me the number advantage early on which is what Dragonite was intended to do, but can't in this case. I love leading with Breloom because the opponent has to send in their Gliscor or Celebi after the Spore. Since I know what's coming I can double switch to Rotom-W or even Heatran instead of setting up my Sub like I usually do. If the opponent doesn't have a Gliscor or Celebi then something is getting hurt badly. -.-

Scizor | Choice Band
Technician
248 HP | 252 Atk | 8 Spd
Adamant
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
---
Scizor is the final member of my team and was added to tie up loose ends. I needed a revenge killer and dedicated scout. Little did I know it would pair up perfectly with Rotom-W to form that infamous scouting pair. I actually thought of it attracting Fire moves for Heatran as the synergistic relationship between the members of my team. Anyway, Scizor is probably one of the most important members of my team because he fills so many roles. For example, a Gengar switched in on my Breloom as I used Substitute. I'll Seed Bomb to break the Gengar's Substitute and then switch over to Scizor on the Disable. From there I'll Pursuit because they always switch in fear of a Bullet Punch (some might try to get wise and pull off a sub on the pursuit so play cautiously). He also traps things like Latias and Latios.

Scizor is one of my weapons against Sandstorm revenge killing several threats like Landorus and Terrakion. He also allows me to start the scouting cycle with Rotom-W against enemy Tyranitar. He's also my main weapon against Stall trapping Blissey and Chansey with Pursuit and U-turning out of things like Jellicent and Skarmory as Stealth Rocks damage is racking up on them. Scizor also manhandles Hail with Heatran.

When I play with Scizor, I play him very carefully as he's one of the most important members. Like, for example. If there's a Lucario I saw in Team Preview I won't Pursuit that Latios. Instead, I'll try to U-turn giving me the advantage no matter which way you look at it. I'll also try to keep him alive if I see a Reuniclus in team preview as he and Breloom are the only things preventing the Calm Mind version from sweeping my team, and Breloom has to rely on Spore.

Credits
Razza - He's been a big help to me throughout this round and really helped me out with the RMT. :)
Kinneas- I saw his art and was inspired to make my own. I tried to imitate the simplicity by using Paint. It's still nowhere near as good as his art.
EIB Network/DONT QUIT ON ME BRO - Found you using my team, and tbh, you helped me understand my team's capabilities more by watching you battle with it. :)
Battlebot/Stunt - lol, I would stalk you and give you suggestions every once in a while for your sun team, but laddering on my alt X-avier was kind of fun with you. :)

_:_Threat List_:_

Abomasnow: I lead with Scizor whenever I see this because it gives me the immediate advantage and they want to get their weather up as early as possible. Heatran also completely walls most of its sets. Dragonite can also lead and outspeed it for the Fire Blast, but I'm scared of a scarf Blizzard as it has a small chance to OHKO.

Azelf: Azelf is a very obscure threat. It's handled efficiently by Dragonite in the lead position. Heatran and Scizor can take it down if it's a set up sweeper.

Azumarill: Azumarill is mostly seen on Rain teams. Rotom-W is taking lots of damage switching in on Waterfall in the Rain, but Volt Switch gives me the momentum. If Rotom-W is down Breloom can also hand me the momentum back in the match.

Bisharp: Heatran outspeeds and OHKOs the set up sweeper. Sucker Punch will pop your Balloon however, so use Scizor if you want to keep your Balloon. Scizor has few problems with this guy, too.

Breloom: Breloom is a threat you must watch out for. Always Volt Switch with Rotom-W and don't use Hydro Pump (unless it's raining, then you'll 2KO it). If it comes down to it, my Breloom can attempt a speed tie. Reuniclus can damage it if something is asleep. Scizor can revenge kill with Bullet Punch if it comes down to it.

Blissey: Blissey is set up bait for Breloom. It's also screaming for Scizor's U-turn, but I'll usually Pursuit it if it'll put my special sweepers in a favorable position.

Bronzong: Okay, Dragonite has Fire Blast, Scizor switches in for a free U-turn, Breloom switches in for a free Spore, Heatran can force it out, and Rotom-W walls it. The most it can do to this team is set up Stealth Rocks. >_>

Celebi: Celebi is either beaten by Heatran or Scizor. Scizor can take on Earth Power users. Heatran can switch in on a predicted Hidden Power Fire. If it switches out of Scizor, then I am sure I can Pursuit it next time it comes in to wall Rotom-W.

Chansey: Chansey is more difficult to beat than Blissey because I'm not abusing Sand's extra 6% damage per turn done to Eviolite users. I Just have to weaken it as much as I can with Scizor and Breloom so my special sweepers have an easier time.

Cloyster: Cloyster is dangerous in the lead position because of Icicle Spear's ability to break through Multiscale. Thankfully, most use Shell Smash first turn so I can KO the turn after with Extremespeed. Outside of the lead position, it's hardly a threat. If I need to, Rotom-W can survive +2 Rock Blast at full health.

Conkeldurr: lol, Conk, Conk. This thing is a joke right? Breloom sets up on it because it's slower. Reuniclus can set up on it. It always tries to absorb Scizor's U-turn and ends up asleep next turn on the switch to Breloom. It's a liability for the opponent, in my opinion.

Darmanitan: Arguably a threat. Heatran can take Sun boosted Flare Blitzes all day. I really have to watch out for Life Orb variants, though. A well timed Superpower can end my greatest threat to Sun. Encourage makes this harder to see because it negates Life Orb recoil letting it feign a Choice Scarf/Band. :/

Deoxys-D: Deoxys-D can only set up Spikes which hurt Scizor in the long run so I have to get rid of it quickly. Scizor is usually my best bet against it.

Deoxys-S: I love to see these in Team Preview. Dragonite swallows the lead set alive with Draco Meteor and Extremespeed. Ice Beam, you say? I say Multiscale. I'm slower so I survive even Specs Ice Beam and KO the next turn. Some even Taunt in fear of a Dragon Dance. The Life Orb attacker isn't accomplishing much either with Reuniclus being saved until late game. Scizor can also bully it with Bullet Punch.

Dragonite: Enemy Dragonites are a huge threat to the team. Heatran is usually my best bet. If I see it in team preview I'll try to get both Stealth Rocks up and preserve my Air Balloon. If it's not possible I'll preserve my Air Balloon to smack it with Hidden Power Ice and revenge kill with Scizor. Heatran is doing 48.3% - 57% to Offensive sets. Bulky Dragon Dance is taking 40.4% - 47.7% from Hidden Power Ice. Both are with Multiscale. Scizor then OHKOs Offensive Dragon Dance. Bulky Dragon Dance is taking 43.8% - 51.6%. 3% short of an OHKO. If it's using Roost, though I can beat it with one of the two. This is the reason I've considered Modest on Heatran.

Dugtrio: It isn't trapping anything it can beat but Heatran without its Air Balloon. I play really carefully with Heatran if I see a Dugtrio on a Sun team.

Electivire: Okay, this guy can cause some problems if I let it get a Motor Drive boost with Rotom. I try not to spam Volt Switch when I see it in Team Preview. If it doesn't get the Motor Drive Boost it won't be a problem.

Espeon: The support Espeon provides is difficult to get past. Especially when it's paired with Volcarona. Dragonite can limit it to one screen as can Scizor. The Pokemon that come out after it become near 10x harder to deal with, though. :/

Excadrill: I have 2 dedicated checks to this guy: Rotom-W and Heatran. If it gets past both with Rock Slide flinch hax then the opponent probably didn't deserve the win. :/ If I need to and Scizor or Reuniclus is at full health they can survive a Life Orb Earthquake and take it out with the appropriate move. It's still a threat and in my opinion it needs to go if it can get past teams that actually prepared for it.

Ferrothorn: Biggest set up fodder in the world (after Forretress). Seriously, this thing is a joke. It'll set up at most one layer of Spikes. Everything on my team bar Rotom-W has some way of hurting it really badly. Rotom-W lures it in and allows Breloom a free Spore. If it comes back in, it's asleep, and in the rain Hydro Pump is doing lots of damage. I can then Volt Switch to force it back out again and repeat the cycle until Rotom or something else kills it.

Forretress: Forretress is even less of a threat than Ferrothorn. Toxic Spikes isn't touching anything on my team as far as I'm concerned and It's basically inviting Breloom in to come and Spore it, but without the threat of a Thunder Wave so I can directly switch in even without Toxic Orb activated. Rapid Spin could pose a problem if the opponent has a Volcarona, however.

Gastrodon: Gastrodon is hardly a threat with Breloom. It walls Rotom-W which is annoying, but if I get my Toxic Orb activated I can switch in repeatedly on its STABs without taking much damage. I have to be careful for the occasional Ice Beam, though. I'll sometimes double switch out of Rotom-W into Scizor to get some U-turn damage on Gastrodon and force it out with Breloom. Reuniclus can also hurt it. If they try to wall Dragonite, they're 2KOed by a combination of Draco Meteor and Earthquake.

Garchomp: Well, Garchomp is banned, but I made this team shortly before its banning and so I've faced some. This is totally irrelevant, but you may still read as to how I played against it. I relied heavily on Heatran's Air Balloon to reliably break its subs. It wasn't setting up anywhere either outside of Rotom-W's Hydro Pump and its crappy accuracy mixed in with Sand Veil. Still, it was a huge threat and I'm glad it's gone.

Gengar: Scizor is Gengar's greatest enemy and for great reason. It OHKOs with Bullet Punch and can trap it with Pursuit. Sub Disable is by far the most popular set and with Pursuit I can trap it if it ever bothers to come in on Breloom to interrupt its sweep. You'll know it's coming in on Breloom's sub if you see it in the team preview so if you've already used Spore don't be afraid to skip the Substitute and double switch to Scizor. If it catches you off guard then Seed Bomb as it breaks your sub or uses Substitute itself and then switch to Scizor on the Disable.

Gliscor: Rotom-W is its greatest enemy. If Rotom-W is down or it's a Substitute Toxic variant I'll send in Heatran. Reuniclus can also finish it off with some prior damage if it comes down to it.

Gorebyss: Gorebyss is usually paired with Espeon. This is what I enjoy. Scizor is my best bet as a lead. It U-turns to Dragonite on the Reflect. Dragonite proceeds to KO with Extremespeed. At this point, Gorebyss is staring at a full powered Draco Meteor with no protection. Most carry Substitute, but if it has Ice Beam, cool. No worries. Rotom-W will Volt Switch for the revenge kill or scout the team forcing the momentum into your favor with Dragonite, who's supposed to die for stuff like this anyway, dead.

Gyarados: Rotom-W is my first response. Usually, he's all I need to take Gyarados down since the best Gyarados is doing is a +1 LO Stone Edge which isn't KOing anytime soon.

Haxorus: Lead Haxorus is, as mentioned before, handled by Scizor's U-turn to Dragonite for an Extremespeed. I could also sac Dragonite and Extremespeed while leading with it to KO with Bullet Punch, but Magnezone is often paired with it so this might not be the wisest way unless you need Scizor at full health to deal with something like Latios and they don't have a Magnezone.

Heatran: Rotom-W is an awesome switchin to most of its sets. I can also get Stealth Rocks up on some Staller sets that don't carry Earth Power. If it comes down to it, my Heatran can speed tie.

Hippowdon: Hippowdon leads are tricky. A smart player will Slack Off first turn knowing Draco Meteor will not KO so I usually Fire Blast first turn and if they don't Slack Off I'll go for the Draco Meteor. If they do Slack Off I'll switch out to Breloom making sure they don't get Stealth Rocks up.

Hydreigon: Hydreigon usually holds a Scarf from my experience, but I know there are some holding Expert Belt to feign a Scarf just to lure in Scizor. I play carefully with this guy.

Infernape: Infernape can't OHKO Rotom-W and Reuniclus so they both check it. Dragonite beats lead versions. One wrong move to let it set up a Nasty Plot, though, and I'll be scrambling to revenge kill it with Scizor's Bullet Punch. I play carefully against this guy as well and I'm glad it's not as common as it was in Gen IV.

Jellicent: If Breloom has activated its Toxic Orb, it's the perfect switchin. Scald is doing nothing to me. I can Spore it and set up an easy Substitute. Rotom-W doesn't mind Will-O-Wisp either and can Volt Switch out of the Ferrothorn that usually comes in or hit Jellicent for a ton of damage.

Jirachi: Jirachi is one of three Pokemon capable of walling Reuniclus indefinitely. Therefore, I try to get rid of it as fast as I can. Most of the time, it's the opponent's challenge to keep his Jirachi alive as that's usually the only thing stopping a Reuniclus sweep. Rain makes it difficult for it to wall Rotom-W and in the Sandstorm Heatran easily forces it out. Usually, the opponent will just leave their Jirachi in on Dragonite once they see Draco Meteor thinking it can take a Fire Blast and then get smacked for ~80% damage with Earthquake. If all else fails, I can U-turn with Scizor for ~60% damage and keep hammering it until it's overwhelmed.

Jolteon: Jolteon is also an obscure threat, but can hit everything on my team for neutral/Super Effective damage. Therefore I have to tread carefully with it. Reuniclus can easily Trick Room to turn its speed against it for five turns and make it much less threatening to my team.

Kingdra: Scizor can U-turn out of a +1 Waterfall and survive to deal massive damage. Rotom-W can lure in an Outrage for Scizor to come in on. This is all assuming it sets up, though. I try not to let it get a Dragon Dance with my hard hitters. It's only setting up on Heatran so play it carefully.

Kyurem: Kyurem is almost always seen on Hail teams. Scizor resists its STABs and can OHKO with Bullet Punch after Stealth Rocks. Heatran has a 4x resist to Blizzard and can therefore switch in without much issues. Just watch out for the occasional Focus Blast. I'll lose my Balloon, but few Pokemon on a Hail team carry Ground moves other than Mamoswine, I believe, which is walled by Rotom-W.

Landorus: My first answer to Landorus is Rotom-W and this is because of one reason: U-turn. I don't want to just throw away my Balloon to a scout so I scout the scout. :p Anyway, Heatran is my backup should Sub Landorus get its way with Rotom-W due to some unfortunate Hydro Pump miss. If all else fails I have Scizor for a revenge kill and Breloom as a last resort. Reuniclus can even set up Trick Room to turn the tables in a clutch situation.

Latias: Latias is a huge threat. In particular, the Hidden Power+Dragon Pulse variant. It will sweep me clean if I don't play perfectly. I've only beaten it one of the two times I've played it. Substitute Calm Mind versions are much easier to handle as I can Pursuit them once I know their set. The same can be said for Roar and Refresh versions.

Latios: To be honest, he's much easier to deal with than his sister because everyone is spamming Draco Meteor as soon as they send him in (either on Breloom's sub or Rotom-W as it's Volt Switching). If it comes in on Breloom, I can scout its move with Substitute and act accordingly making it much easier to deal with as I can't afford to scout its sister in fear of giving her time to set up.

Lucario: Lucario doesn't see nearly as much usage as it did in Gen IV, but I'll still come across it every once in a while. I try to save Dragonite's Multiscale as it either has Ice Punch or Crunch. It can't beat Reuniclus with Ice Punch and it's not getting through Dragonite with Crunch. I also try not to let it set up by U-turning out with Scizor. If it does come in on a Pursuit, though I got my kill and it's only taking one member at best.

Machamp: Lead Machamp is annoying. How can you beat this without Own Tempo Slowbro. Anyway, Reuniclus can take Dynamic Punch as can Dragonite and hit hard with Draco Meteor. The thing is, Draco Meteor is not an OHKO so there's a chance I will have to sac Dragonite to revenge kill with Scizor or Rotom-W as Spore from Breloom is made useless with a Lum Berry.

Magnezone: Magnezone will usually try to trap Scizor. If I see a Magnezone I play carefully with Scizor and try not to get trapped. Scizor is probably the hardest to trap of the Steels Magnezone can trap because of U-turn.

Metagross: Rotom-W handles this guy reliably. Heatran can also force it out. Scizor isn't taking much from Meteor Mash either. Breloom can outspeed and Spore it as well.

Mew: Mew can't touch Reuniclus and I can hammer it with Shadow Ball for ~60% damage. If you see Tyranitar in the Team Preview or even Scizor don't be afraid to fire off a Focus Blast here. The best Mew is doing is resisted Psychic, uninvested Ice Beam, or Taunt to prevent Trick Room. Heatran also walls this thing and gets a power boost from Will-O-Wisp.

Mienshao: I lead with Dragonite and switch to Scizor on the obvious Fake Out. Afterward I OHKO with Bullet Punch. If that doesn't work and it happens to survive until late game Reuniclus can always use it as set up fodder.

Ninetales: Lead Dragonite murders Ninetales. They Will-O-Wisp hoping to tank an Outrage and then get hit hard by Draco Meteor. Subsequently, they're OHKOed by Extremespeed if they happen to live. The rest of the team can handle everything else on a Sun team. If Volcarona is on the Sun team I'll usually lead with Heatran to get Stealth Rocks up early.

Politoed: Specs Politoed is hard to switch into, but if you have the appropriate Pokemon in Breloom and Rotom-W can take advantage of it. Bulky Politoed and Scarftoed are easier to handle. Like for example, using Dragonite to lure it into using Ice Beam for an easy Rotom-W switchin.

Porygon2: Porygon 2 is bulky as hell and thanks to trace makes Dragonite completely useless, but it's not OU. Breloom totally owns it though.

Raikou: Raikou on Rain teams is much like Thundurus but bulkier so it's much more difficult to just revenge kill with Scizor. In fact, little on my team can stop an LO Raikou rampage outside of Dragonite's Extremespeed. Since I usually sacrifice Dragonite early I'll need to preserve it if Raikou is seen on team preview. I'm glad it's not OU.

Reuniclus: Never had a problem with it because of my own Reuniclus, Breloom, and Scizor. The last two can handle Calm Mind versions while Trick Room is weakened or beaten by my Reuniclus. If I win both speed ties (I usually do), then I get a few free turns to abuse the field condition and do some damage.

Rotom-W: Breloom is my best bet. I just have to watch out for Will-O-Wisp and Specs Hydro Pumps in the Rain. If that doesn't work, my own Rotom resists Hydro Pump and outspeeds the standard set to 2KO with Thunderbolt.

Salamence: Salamence is a dangerous threat much like Dragonite because it can either be mixed or a Dragon Dance set. That's why, if I see it in team preview I'll try to double switch to Heatran if I Spore something with Breloom instead of setting up a Substitute. It's not coming in on anything else.

Sawsbuck: Sawsbuck is easy for Scizor to handle. I'll often preserve Scizor just to beat this guy. If it comes down to it, Heatran can beat it so long as it doesn't have Jump Kick and my Air Balloon is in tact.

Scizor: Scizor are either Choice Banded or using a Swords Dance set. Rotom-W takes Bullet Punch like a champ. If it comes in on Dragonite's Draco Meteor, it's in Reuniclus's KO range or OHKOed by Fire Blast next turn. Heatran is also its greatest enemy. If I can force it out twice and get Stealth Rock damage on it it's not coming in on Reuniclus a third time.

Scrafty: Scrafty isn't getting through Scizor with Drain Punch and I can hit it hard with Superpower, but I have to be careful for Hi Jump Kick as it can KO after a Dragon Dance. Bulk Up versions are set up fodder for Breloom. I just hammer it with whatever is in until it folds over and dies. It's not surviving powerful STAB attacks for long.

Shaymin: Shaymin is much like Celebi, but I can't trap it with Scizor. This just means it can't wall Breloom, though. Heatran forces it out easily and can grab a Flash Fire boost by switching in on a Hidden Power Fire aimed at Scizor. Just be sure to keep your Air Balloon in tact to keep from getting hit by Earth Power.

Sigilyph: I hate this guy. I have no boosting Pokemon so it can easily spread status throughout my whole team. It usually comes in on Breloom so I'll double switch to Rotom-W if I've switched Breloom in on something I can threaten with a Spore and it has already activated its Burn orb. If it hasn't activated its Burn orb then I'll Spore whatever is in and switch straight to Rotom-W. It's not setting up anywhere else. Just play Rotom-W really aggressively and it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Skarmory: Everything on my team bar Scizor can take on Skarmory and come out on top one on one. Spikes will hurt in the long run so I have to U-turn a lot with Scizor to draw it out for Rotom-W to Volt Switch or hit the switching with one of my other moves. I can even use the opportunity to set up my Stealth Rocks with Heatran while keeping my Air Balloon since most will switch out in fear of a Fire Blast.

Slowbro: Slowbro can only switch into Heatran and even then it's taking a sizable chunk of damage if it comes in on Fire Blast. Rotom-W can Volt Switch out of it. Scizor hurts it with U-turn. Breloom can hurt it with Seed Bomb and Spore it. Reuniclus can hammer it with Shadow Ball.

Snorlax: Scizor and Breloom are your best answers to this guy. Just be sure not to switch Breloom into a Body Slam before its Toxic Orb has been activated.

Starmie: Starmie is very threatening in the Rain. Outside of the Rain, Scizor can tank a Hydro Pump and KO with Pursuit or U-turn. just be sure not to switch him in. Rotom-W can take Hydro Pump as well and Pain Split the damage to repeatedly switch in or put it into Scizor's Bullet Punch KO range after a Thunderbolt. That, or it can Volt Switch.

Suicune: Breloom can take on Rest-Talk sets. Offensive sets are best handled by Rotom-W. My initial switchin will almost always be Rotom-W, though.

Swampert: Breloom eats this mudfish for breakfast. Scizor's U-turn and Rotom-W's Hydro Pump shave off a healthy amount of its health as well.

Tentacruel: Toxic Spikes doesn't touch anyone on my team so I'm all well for letting it set up in my face. Rotom-W is probably its biggest threat. Breloom likes Toxic Spikes, too, because it doesn't have to wait a turn to activate the poison from Toxic Spikes and can just switch in on any status move making it much easier to switch into things like Blissey without worrying about a Thunder Wave.

Terrakion: A huge threat to watch out for. Don't switch Reuniclus into a Banded Close Combat. It 2KOs. Scizor easily OHKOs with Bullet Punch and can force it out, but you might not want to take the chance on a U-turn unless it's really worth it. Reuniclus can set up on non-banded versions. If Terrakion is in the lead position and Dragonite dies to a Stone Edge, you'll know it's banded. Any other set doesn't OHKO through Multiscale.

Thundurus: Can definitely be threatening if you let it set up. It's taking lots of damage from whatever is in, though, so it's not going to find much time to set up. All of my Pokemon can survive an LO Thunderbolt at full health. The most threatening set is definitely Substitute Nasty Plot in the Rain. Leftovers makes it much more difficult to revenge kill with Scizor's Bullet Punch. If it tries to revenge kill Dragonite then Dragonite can deal ~50% damage to it with Extremespeed pretty much neutralizing it for the whole match.

Tornadus: It's not resistant to Bullet Punch like it's thunderbro is so it's usually going down faster. If it comes down to it, since Heatran might not need its Balloon against Rain teams, it can tank a Specs Hurricane and deal a good amount of damage with Hidden Power Ice.

Toxicroak: Heatran outspeeds Adamant versions. Jolly Toxicroak is a huge threat with Swords Dance. Without Drain Punch, though (it's illegal with Ice Punch), it'll get worn down by whatever is in and probably KOed by Scizor's Bullet Punch. Since it's usually on Rain teams, though, a Water type will usually get a free turn to spam Hydro Pump. :(

Tyranitar: I usually lead with Breloom. It gives me the early advantage against Sandstorm teams. Rotom-W can 2KO it as well. Scizor also gets a free U-turn against most Tyranitars.

Vaporeon: Breloom is its greatest enemy. Rotom-W can Volt Switch out of this thing and force it out, but I have to watch out for Toxic when switching in.

Venusaur: Venusaur is walled completely by Heatran. I just have to watch out for Sleep Powder. Usually, I'll let something useless against Sun take the Sleep Powder, like Rotom-W, and then safely switchin my Heatran. If Heatran gets surprise killed by something like Darmanitan, I can always attempt a revenge kill with Scizor or Reuniclus,

Victini: I have nothing that can take a full HP Death Gambit so I usually sacrifice Dragonite (unless I decide I really need it after seeing the team preview). Physical V-Create Victini is by far the most common one I have seen and Heatran walls it. I just have to watch out for Brick Break and Focus Blast. I can set up Reuniclus on those.

Virizion: Virizion is easily handled by Scizor. They always try to switch in on Rotom at which point I'll have Volt Switched out. Reuniclus can set up on it as well.

Volcarona: This is a huge threat and the reason I try to preserve Dragonite and set up Stealth Rocks as soon as I can. If it sets up early game there's little I can do to stop it outside of a lucky critical hit. :(

Whimsicott: Walled completely by Breloom so I don't have much to worry about as long as I don't switch into a Stun Spore. Scizor also U-turns out of Leech Seeds.

Wobbuffet: Just hammer it with your attacks and try not to be predictable. Scizor and Rotom-W can escape its clutches so play them carefully if you see this in Team Preview.

Xatu: Hammer it with whatever is in. If it switches into Breloom then go straight to Rotom-W or Scizor. It's not doing much to them. Just be sure not to Spore before you activate Toxic Orb.

Zapdos: Zapdos is difficult to deal with as nothing on my team can flat out OHKO it. If it's switching into Breloom and Rocks are up, though, it'll be under a lot of pressure to stay alive. Life Orb+Roost Zapdos is definitely the most threatening set, but it's not that common thanks to Thundurus.

Zoroark: Just watch hazard damage and play cautiously. Lead Zoroarks aren't doing much to Dragonite anyway. Usually, they're disguised as the last Pokemon on the opponent's line up. Don't always assume this, however.

This is a very impressive team. There is not much I have to say about it. I would have suggested moving speed ev's on heatran into Hp so you could take a lot more damage without dying but this might hurt your team not being able to outspeed some other threats. If you wanna try this you could but if you don't wanna you don't have to. This is just an excellent team and there's not really much I could suggest.
-Good Luck.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey Metagross,

This is a fantastic team, and this rmt is just as well presented as Call of the Wild. Ok so it seems like hard hitting sandstorm sweepers like Sub Landorus and Excadrill could cause your team a lot of grief, since Heatran needs its balloon to check them and Rotom must be in pristine condition. So, I'd like you to try a physically bulky Breloom in place of your current one, with EVs 236 HP | 252 Def | 20 Spe with an Impish nature. This makes Breloom a solid Excadrill counter and gives it many more oppurtunities to set up subs with this bulk. Seed Bomb should stay as bulky Waters could otherwise be troublesome.

Volcarona is the single biggest threat to this team, if it gets even a single QD in it's gg if it has HP Ice. Even at full health Dragonite cannot be called a reliable check due to he prevalence of Sandstorm. The lack of a revenge killer means that DDers in general are very threatening to this team. To fix this up, I would suggest trying out a Scarf Landorus. Landorus keeps the momentum going with U-turn and forms a highly annoying combo with Rotom and Scizor. It can switch into Volcarona as it QDs or Bug Buzzes and proceed to OHKO with Rock Slide. Its an excellent check to NP Thundurus, DD Nite and provides you with another check to Excadrill. It's also capable of sweeping sand teams by itself, which means that you have an answer to every form of weather. The problem is choosing a Pokemon to replace, since every Pokemon is vital to this teams function. Dragonite seem the most replaceable. You won't really need Dragonites ExtremeSpeed anymore with a reliable revenge killer, and Reuniclus is a terrific wall breaker already. Both of them also share a 4x Ice weakness.

I understand why Rotom carries both Volt Switch and Thunderbolt, but you are much better off replacing one of them with either HP Fire to 2HKO Ferro on the switch-in, or WoW to atleast cripple Gastrodon, who completely walls the rest if your moveset. Volt Switch is easily the more valuable move as it keeps the momentum going, very important for a hyper offense team.

Once again, great team and good luck!

Thanks for the compliments guys. ^_^

As to how I deal with Latios. I usually lead with Dragonite so if they lead with Latios, the only way they're killing me is Draco Meteor. Scizor can trap it there. If it comes in as Breloom Substitutes I Substitute again to scout its move. I then Focus Punch and switch to the appropriate counter (Rotom-W for Surf, Scizor For Dragon Pulse, Heatran for HP Fire, etc.) It can come in on Rotom-W, but like I said, I'm almost always spamming Volt Switch. :/

It's not coming in directly on anything else without taking a lot of damage.

Now to respond to IronBullet's post. :p

I like the idea of a Bulky Subpunch Breloom, but the power is really lackluster. It misses out on the KO against the geniebros in the scenario I described and a bunch of other stuff like Scizor after SR. It's also OHKOed by Adamant +2 LO Frustration with Sandstorm and Substitute damage (necessary to Focus Punch, I believe). This spread gives me a check, not a counter, to Excadrill, but one that's weaker so I think I'm going to stick with the current spread or at least put some Speed into HP. Idk how much to put though. :/

I'll definitely experiment with Will-O-Wisp on Rotom over Thunderbolt because I think the only time I ever use Thunderbolt is against Politoed once I've killed off Ferrothorn or any other electric resist. I just hope it doesn't get in the way of Breloom's Spore.

You're right about Volcarona being the biggest threat to my team, but not the set you described. HP Ice versions are sitting ducks for Heatran to Fire Blast away at. :/ It's the Rest Chesto and Morning Sun versions that can sweep me because they can recover their health, whereas Substitute sets and ones with a coverage move cannot. Actually, Toxic isn't sounding as bad of an idea for Rotom right now to beat Morning Sun Volcarona and hinder Gastrodon. What do you think?

The heavy hitting sand sweepers aren't that big of a problem, because I usually lead with Breloom and put Tyranitar to sleep so he can't wall Heatran reliably. If I'm really desperate to get rid of them, Scizor and Reuniclus can take one down if they're at full health (Reuniclus usually is, but I can't say much for Scizor). Also, Dragonite will have its Multiscale despite the sandstorm if I bring it in on the Sand Sweeper after one of my members gets killed because the Sand Sweepers are faster and Sandstorm doesn't buffet your Pokemon first turn unless you brought it in via Volt switch or U-turn. I've done it before. :p

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't know, having only Balloon Heatran and Rotom-W as checks to Excadrill is very worrying. If you're unwilling to change Brelooms set, atleast consider trying out Mach Punch over Substitute and Superpower over Focus Punch. This way you dont have to rely on Substitute to fire off STAB Fighting attacks, and it gives you a great back up check to Terrakion. Extra priority never hurts, considering your lack of a speedy revenge killer.

Toxic on Rotom is a good idea. It does leave you completely helpless against Ferrothorn, but you can easily catch it on the switch with Volt Switch. Toxic is also very useful for crippling Latias and Virizion.

You leave a lot up to chance when facing sand. Your lead matchup had to go exactly as you want, and I think it's very likely that Dragonite will need to absorb a resisted attack early game that will remove Multiscale. Well seeing the success this team has had I guess it must go pretty well for you most of the time. As a last ditch resort consider HP Rock or Roar on Heatran to deal with Volcarona.

Okay, sorry it took me a while to respond. I was busy looking for a battle on PO, and the ladder is littered with Drizzle. >.>

Anyway, here's a battle I had with someone using Sandstorm. Both sweepers were present as well. You can get a basic idea of how I deal with them through this I guess, even though it was stated on my threat list. I'm going to try Toxic on Rotom-W now. By leading with Dragonite I was trying to prove that I don't leave a lot to chance. I can lead with Dragonite and get the same results pretty much, as proven here (the average Tyranitar would Stealth Rock, but he had DD. idk why.). Volcarona is a pest, though. I might try Roar over Hidden Power Ice only because it forces Dragonite out as well. Also, it's not as hard as people think it is to preserve an Air Balloon until late game. >.>

Battle between LighTz911 and x-avier started!

Tier: Wifi
Variation: +12, -20
Rule: Rated
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: Wifi Battle

x-avier sent out Dragonite!
LighTz911 sent out Tyranitar!
The foe's Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!

Start of turn 1
The foe's Tyranitar used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Tyranitar's Attack rose!
The foe's Tyranitar's Speed rose!

Dragonite used Earthquake!
It's super effective!
The foe's Tyranitar lost 91% of its health!
Dragonite is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!
Dragonite is buffeted by the sandstorm!

Start of turn 2
Dragonite used ExtremeSpeed!
It's not very effective...
The foe's Tyranitar lost 8% of its health!
The foe's Tyranitar fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
Dragonite is buffeted by the sandstorm!
LighTz911 sent out Landmaster! (Landorus)

Start of turn 3
Dragonite used ExtremeSpeed!
The foe's Landmaster lost 43% of its health!

The foe's Landmaster used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
Dragonite lost 187 HP! (57% of its health)
Dragonite fainted!
The foe's Landmaster is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!
x-avier sent out Rotom-W!

Start of turn 4
LighTz911 called Landmaster back!
LighTz911 sent out Motor! (Rotom-W)

Rotom-W used Hydro Pump!
The foe's Motor lost 35% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!
Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Motor is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Motor restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 5
Rotom-W used Thunderbolt!
The foe's Motor lost 59% of its health!

The foe's Motor used Will-O-Wisp!
Rotom-W was burned!

The sandstorm rages!
Rotom-W is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Motor is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The foe's Motor fainted!
Rotom-W restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
Rotom-W is hurt by its burn!
LighTz911 sent out Reuniclus!

Start of turn 6
Rotom-W used Volt Switch!
The foe's Reuniclus lost 33% of its health!
x-avier called Rotom-W back!
x-avier sent out Scizor!

The foe's Reuniclus used Trick Room!
The foe's Reuniclus twisted the dimensions!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 7
LighTz911 called Reuniclus back!
LighTz911 sent out SiLveR_MeTaL! (Skarmory)

x-avier called Scizor back!
x-avier sent out Reuniclus!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 8
Reuniclus used Focus Blast!
The foe's SiLveR_MeTaL lost 75% of its health!
The foe's SiLveR_MeTaL's Sp. Def. fell!

The foe's SiLveR_MeTaL used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around x-avier's team!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's SiLveR_MeTaL restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 9
LighTz911 called SiLveR_MeTaL back!
LighTz911 sent out Reuniclus!

Reuniclus used Focus Blast!
The foe's Reuniclus lost 25% of its health!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 10
The foe's Reuniclus used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
Reuniclus lost 304 HP! (74% of its health)
The foe's Reuniclus is hurt by its Life Orb!

Reuniclus used Shadow Ball!
It's super effective!
The foe's Reuniclus lost 30% of its health!
The foe's Reuniclus fainted!

The sandstorm rages!
The twisted dimensions returned to normal!
LighTz911 sent out Excadrill!

Start of turn 11
The foe's Excadrill used Earthquake!
Reuniclus lost 105 HP! (25% of its health)
Reuniclus fainted!
The foe's Excadrill is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!
x-avier sent out Heatran!
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

Heatran is floating on a balloon!

Start of turn 12
LighTz911 called Excadrill back!
LighTz911 sent out SiLveR_MeTaL! (Skarmory)

Heatran used Earth Power!
It had no effect!

The sandstorm rages!
The foe's SiLveR_MeTaL restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 13
Heatran used Fire Blast!
It's super effective!
The foe's SiLveR_MeTaL lost 36% of its health!
The foe's SiLveR_MeTaL fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 14
x-avier called Heatran back!
x-avier sent out Breloom!
Pointed stones dug into Breloom!

The foe's Landmaster used Stone Edge!
The attack of the foe's Landmaster missed!

The sandstorm rages!
Breloom is buffeted by the sandstorm!
Breloom's Toxic Orb activated!
Breloom was poisoned!

Start of turn 15
The foe's Landmaster used Hidden Power!
It's super effective!
Breloom lost 232 HP! (87% of its health)
Breloom fainted!
The foe's Landmaster is hurt by its Life Orb!

The sandstorm rages!
x-avier sent out Scizor!
Pointed stones dug into Scizor!

Start of turn 16
LighTz911 called Landmaster back!
LighTz911 sent out Excadrill!

Scizor used U-turn!
The foe's Excadrill lost 46% of its health!
x-avier called Scizor back!
x-avier sent out Heatran!
Pointed stones dug into Heatran!

Heatran is floating on a balloon!

The sandstorm rages!

Start of turn 17
The foe's Excadrill used Rock Slide!
Heatran lost 116 HP! (35% of its health)
Heatran's Air Balloon popped!
The foe's Excadrill is hurt by its Life Orb!

Heatran used Earth Power!
It's super effective!
The foe's Excadrill lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Excadrill fainted!

The sandstorm rages!

The last move would have been Bullet Punch after I sacced Heatran ending in my win. I only didn't post it because it quits the battle after a loss or win and I wanted the log so I C+P it. I understand one log doesn't prove much, but trust me, this is how most of my battles with sandstorm go. ;)

Lost horribly to this team due to some horrible match up ( zor + TRreuniclus+ breloom against my TR team lol )

Anyway some big weakness to volcarona there , I suggest adding roar to your heatran so that it doesn't become complete setup fodder , roar + SR check the moth just fine ..

Adamant life orb excadrill with return is a big threat too .. but it really can't be helped , even a 252/248 impish breloom can't take him well .. and it isn't common anyway ..

other than that it's a great team and i wouldn't like to face it again lol .

lmao, I got the threat list from Kg's thread since it was more up to date, but added a few things. Looks like I forgot to change something. XD

Also, Z-Rex, I need Hidden Power Ice for Dragon Dance Salamence and Dragonite. I'll definitely test Roar out as well as Toxic in the new section of PO, though. ;)

hey bro,

There's not much to say, this team is pretty beast. Props for not running any weather in an infested metagame! I agree with IB that Volcarona is a big threat but i cant really think of a fix that wouldn't otherwise compromise your team. Just play carefully with bloon Heatran and you should be ok.

and last but not least, fuck you and your trickroom reun haha :)

lmao, thanks bro. I'll definitely do that. ;)

I kinda enjoy battling with you. You actually force me to make my move choices carefully. :p

and TR Reuniclus is awesome. :naughty:

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
This team is awesome. The pokemon are awesome (seriously breloom/TR reuniclus should be used more) and your ranking speaks for itself. My only suggestion is to replace Thunderbolt on Rotom-W with HP fire.

TR Reuniclus is such an ace hehe.

lol I was waiting for you to rate since you're one of the few people I lent the team to. Idk about Setsuna, though (I found out he has a doppelganger, too. :O).

Well, Rotom-W definitely can use HP Fire, but in the rain it's doing the same amount of damage as Hydro Pump. I always have Breloom too. :)

Seriously, though. Reuniclus definitely should be used more. Dragonite, too imo. ;)

Hey man thanks for the shoutout :)

I think this is a great team and used it for a bit before the server crashes, Breloom and reuniclus are beast. Only suggestions are modest on heatran for the extra power as I find that rotom beats standard bulk up toxicroak anyway with pain split. Love the rmt and I will give this a luvdisc if I can figure out how.

I don't really think there's much to add to this team considering the results you had with it. But I might say I'd try replacing Breloom with a bulkier Grass-type, like Virizion or Celebi, or maybe even a Latibro. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the little mushroom, but I think the team could really use the extra Water and Electric resistances (since Breloom won't be taking many Thunderbolts or Hydro Pumps with 156 Special Defense). I don't think this change would make the team better, I think it would just suit more my style.

It's the though that counts. besides I think only badge holders can Luvdisc rmts. :) I've actually considered changing Heatran to modest, but the only benefit would be being able to beat Dragonite, and the standard bulky set isn't hurting Heatran if it's using roost over EQ. If more offensive Dragonites start showing up I'll definitely change the nature to modest.

Also, you're right, Breloom isn't taking powerful resisted hits well, but it can take them once. If rotom isn't in the rain and holding specs, though Breloom can take it. The issue with Virizion is that it doesn't take status well and can't break stall like Breloom can. The rest of my pokemon, except for maybe Dragonite, have issues with stall, especially Blissey. Virizion is a good suggestion, though, so I'll try the swords dance set and see how it goes. :)

And thanks for luvdiscs guys. ^_^

hey hey!
I like the team, and my sun team has gone through some major changes to make sure that next game we play, it won't be so close >:

I actually went through a Raikou variation of this team, with Weather ball / Thunderbolt/ Calm Mind/ (aura sphere/ shadow ball) and it was rather successful. But it was ultimately exchanged for Volcarona's beastliness.

Heatran would deal with it, but people honestly overestimate what Heatran can do to sun teams. Once Heatran loses its balloon, you are automatically endangered to Haxy Excadrill, Landorus, and even mixed Venusaur. With 650 pokemon to counter, I can't suggest that you make any changes to your team since it would ultimately lead to weaknesses in a different area.

Nicely done!

Thanks for the rate Stunt. I'll be the one to make sure it's not close. :p

I've tried Virizion over Breloom last night and tbh, it's not worse, but it's not better either. The special defense really helps in switching in on Rotom and Thundurus, but not being immune to burn hurts a lot. I also relied on the combination of Breloom and Scizor to beat Blissey which Virizion can't do as reliably since it gets hit by Toxic and Thunder Wave.

This is a really good team dude.
On Rotom-W, maybe try Hidden Power Fire/WoW over Thunderbolt? It would let you hit ferrothorn/scizor harder or hinder them with a burn. Also, if blissey is the problem with Virizion, then try giving Reuniclus Psyshock over Psychic. Psyshock would destroy blissey, and blissey is a really common switch in to TR Reuniclus, so that could work out pretty well. It would make killing Gliscor harder, but Virizion can run HP ice and kill it.

Thanks for the rate. The problem with trading a weakness to Gliscor for beating Blissey is that Blissey is trappable whereas most Gliscors will protect to scout. I'll admit, though. Wish Protect Blisseys give me issues with trapping so I have to keep Breloom alive.

Oh, and I've also tried Toxic over Thunderbolt and I haven't really used it as much as Thunderbolt, tbh. Not to say it's useless, but really slow at killing bulky things that can just switch back out to reset the counter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)