Tournament Rands Slam I - Playoffs [Won by Elgino]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
1637426916103.png

The First Random Battles Circuit comes to an end!
Thanks Pujo for the logo and battle banners
Hosted by frostyicelad, Irpachuza, and Rage

Welcome everyone to the Rands Slam I Playoffs stage! The tournament circuit organised by the Random Battles room on PS! with the objective of covering the most relevant and competitive Randomised Formats that the sim has to offer is finally coming to an end. Throughout the year, over a thousand players competed on 5 Open tournaments with the objective of getting points and standing on top of the leaderboard as the top 32 qualified to the first ever Rands Slam Playoffs!

First of all I wanted to thank everyone that made the 5 Opens a reality, with hard work, commitment and attentiveness. Thanks to the amazing hosts javitu, lvl100Blaziken, Lucas2543, MaswoodShaheb, pokeblade101, Pujo, Rage, sharpclaw, and ShionShadows. Also special thanks to Pujo for the wonderful art he has done across the year, from the logos to the incredible trainer banners used here. Finally, thanks to the rest of the Randbats auth for their support and to everyone that played and enjoyed the circuit so far!

The Playoffs winner will get a Smogon banner and Room Prize Winner rank for a whole year, a joinphrase on the room for a month, and a new exclusive ribbon on the Hall of Fame.

Now, you'll be asking yourself, how does this tournament works?
It's quite simple actually. The 32 qualified players have been seeded based on total points gathered, win percentage and best singular Open performance, in that order. Some ties on all those categories were furthermore decided by simple !pick. Here you'll be able to check the Spreadsheet with the points table and Playoffs' full bracket.

The tournament is single elimination, and each round will be decided on series of best-of-five matches. Each of the matches will use a format of each Open.
That means that the formats will be (not necessarily on this order) a Gen 8 Random Battle, a Gen 8 Doubles Random Battle, and the rest will be chosen from the formats used on the other Opens, so one from Multi Format, one from Classic, and one from Modern Trio.
Singles
Gen 8 Random Battles
Doubles
Gen 8 Doubles Random Battles
Multi Format
Gen 8 BSSF
Gen 8 Hackmons Cup
Gen 8 Monotype Random Battles
Super Staff Bros
Gen 7 Battle Factory
Classic
Gen 1 Random Battles
Gen 2 Random Battles
Gen 3 Random Battles
Gen 4 Random Battles
Gen 5 Random Battles
Modern Trio
Gen 6 Random Battles
Gen 7 Random Battles
Gen 8 Random Battles [No Dmax]
For choosing formats and their order, the highest seed has the first pick, then the loser of the match chooses the next format to be played.

Rage (Seed #1) vs. Irpa (Seed #32)
1) Rage starts, since he has a higher seed, and picks Gen 1 RB.
2) They play and Rage wins. Irpa has to choose a format, but although he likes Gen 3, he can't pick it because a Classic format was already done. Irpa picks Gen 8 Singles RB.
3) Irpa wins. Rage picks Gen 8 Mono RB.
4) Rage wins. Irpa can only pick between a Modern Trio format or Doubles. Irpa picks Gen 7 RB.
5) Rage wins, going 3-1 on the series and winning it. No need to play the last format (which would have been Doubles by process of elimination).

Before stating the matchups, let's put some clear rules on the table:

1. All scheduling attempts MUST be done publicly on Smogon walls. No other proof of communication will count for act calls regarding scheduling attempts. Don't share with us Discord screenshots, Smogon DMs or such, schedule publicly.
2. You MUST post replays of your wins.
3. All players here have already confirmed their participation on Playoffs. The last chance to ask to be subbed out will be available until this Wednseday, November 24th. People dropping later and therefore taking away the chance of a sub to play could be subject to future sanctions.
4. At the end of the day, what we most want is for everyone to have fun; but at the very least, what we expect is for all players to show and treat your opponents with decorum, decency and respect.

We also strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with the Smogon Tournament Rules and General Guidelines, which at this point we expect you to know.

FINALS

1637428410820.png
1637427264308.png

benJAMIN vs. Elgino
G1 G2 G3 G4

FINALS' DEADLINE WILL BE ON SUNDAY DECEMBER 26th, 23:59 GMT-5.
3-day extensions can be granted at host's discretion.

Good luck everyone, and may the team generation algorithm be ever in your favor!​

Last edited:

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
placeholder for banners

Congratulations everyone for making it to playoffs and huge thanks to Irpa, frostyicelad and Rage for hosting the first-ever edition of Rands Slam!!
Good luck everyone and GO RANDS STAFF!

Lamp.png

MichaelderBeste2.png

pokeblade101.png

LoSconosciuto.png

soTsoT.png
Petros.png

snorlax142857.png

Betathunder.png

sunsets.png

Expulso.png

Fant'sy-Beast.png

casualdotexe.png

Lucas2543.png
Wigglytuff.png

MrCrcr.png

Gray.png

Xevara.png

teresbahji.png

Multi.png

fatfighter2.png

frostyicelad.png

benJAMIN.png

Drakonium.png

ElQuimicoDelPueblucho.png

Queso.png

Commy.png

Prosaic.png

Skimmythegod.png

Kaede.png

LittEleven.png

bbburn.png

Elgino.png

Last edited:
Here are some predictions to kick off Rands Slam and generate some hype:
Lamp vs Elgino: 3-1
Lamp has really been surprising me with his results in the circuit so far, and for that I'll favor him since he is definitely going for the untier of SSB and win, I'm pretty sure Elgino played some SSB though so he might have a chance, but overall Lamp should be favored.

MichaelDerBeste vs BBBurn: 3-0
He has DerBeste in his name for a reason. This man is just built different. I once haxed him 5 times in a game (All big haxes at that) and he still almost won. I doubt BBBurn can even take a game unless the matchup + hax favor them extremely hard (Or they convince Michael to play Metronome Battle somehow)

Pokeblade vs LittEleven: 3-0
What's the similarity between Pokeblade and John Cena? If you think the answer is you don't see them coming, nah, the answer is they are both Johns. Let's place a bet: Will blade's Rands Slam journey or Smogoff Randbat tour end first?

Losconosciuto vs Kaede: 3-1
I suggested Pujo and Fragments to draft Losconosciuto in RBTT last year. Looking at him winning tours and become a driver solidifies my stance, therefore I will stand by my choice. I also don't even know who Kaede is, sorry.

soTsoT vs skimmythegod: 3-1
I'm pretty sure I faced both players some time when I played, I am confident soTsoT is just better in general.

Petros vs Prosaic: 3-2
Definitely a highlight match here. I favor Prosaic in gen 8 Singles and Doubles, however Petros is more well versed in other formats, but this can go either way.

Snorlax142857 vs Commy: 3-0
Commies want us to stay at home and seal our freedom for an imaginary virus, freedom Snorlax142857 hell yeah

BetaThunder vs queso: 2-3
Another highlight. These players are about even in my opinion, it should come down to forms and RNG on the day.

Sunsets vs damm u captcha: 3-2
I didn't know who Sunsets was, their records impress me quite a bit, captcha's forte is old gen formats, however even there he might not have the high ground as Sunsets performed better than him in old gens.

Expulso vs Drakonium: 3-1
I'm pretty sure Expulso has more experiences in random formats in general since they have always been a starter in RBTT.

Fantsy Beast vs Benjamin: 1-3
Benjamin is well equipped and should definitely take gen 8 game. However I don't think I have seen him play much besides gen 8 and his knowledge of other random formats besides rand is a question mark to me. Still I think he should take this considering his skills.

Casual dot Exe vs frostyicelad: 3-1
Having faced Casual dot Exe twice in big tours, if sagar can take a game given equal matchups and RNG that should be considered a success.

lucas2543 vs FatFighter: 3-1
Fatfighter plays like everything. Luck Specialization however will be the key here and should help luckas go through

Wiggleetuff vs MultiAmmiratore: 2-3
Sadly there's no Metronome Battle for Wiggleetuff to showcase his teambuilding capabilities. He has the upper hand thanks to being higher seed and can play BF to take away the SSB choice, so that's something at least. Overall though Chiori should be favored.

Mr Crcr vs teres bahji: 1-3
._.

Gray vs Xevara: 3-1
Going with gray cause I have no idea who Xevara is.

These predictions are only half serious and aren't meant to offend anyone. If you can prove me wrong, I will be happy to change my mind. (Unless you literally get insane haxes and matchups in all 3 wins while getting destroyed with even/better RNG in your losses)

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
Gotta make some predictions myself:

Lamp vs Elgino: 2-3
How can a lamp be seeded that high? Lamp has shown more than impressive dominance throughout the whole Slam, but I'll call mental exhaustion and the biggest upset here.

Michaelderbeste2 vs bbburn: 3-0
I can't see Michael losing in any way, shape or form, what a machine.

Pokeblade101 vs LittEleven: 3-2
Blade will end Rands slam before Smogoff by johning and winning every single weeks! blade will choke the first game though, if not the first two games.

LoSconosciuto vs Kaede: 3-0
Each time I face Losco in a format I say to myself "that has to be the format where they're the greatest"; then we play something else and I change my mind.

soTsoT vs skimmythegod: 3-1
A very consistent player throughout the whole Slam, definitely has an edge in this match up.

Petros vs Prosaic: 3-2
Both are insanely good players and it can go both ways; but Petros plays a large number of formats and in such a tour, it might matter in the end.

Snorlax142857 vs Commy: 3-1
I don't know enough of Commy to say anything about them; snorlax is a great player and has been very consistent throughout the whole tour.

Betathunder vs queso: n/d
No idea who would emerge victorious of this fight but I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Sunsets vs Damm u captcha: 3-1
Duc might have an edge in old gens but classic is only one format; Play-offs are more about consistency than performances in one event, and Sunsets has shown a lot of this needed consistency.

Expulso vs drakonium: 2-3
Go faire l'upset de l'année!

Fant'sy Beast vs Benjamin: 2-3
This one is definitely interesting! no way Benjamin is going to concede a gen8 game; but Fant'sy is a well rounded player and Benjamin will need to upset them in the older or weirder formats. Pretty sure he can pull that off, though.

Casual dot exe vs frostyicelad: 3-0
Casual is just that good.

lucas2543 vs Fatfighter: 2-3
Interesting match up as well, but Fatfighter might be more experienced in playing tours than Lucas, while Lucas is definitely well more versed in the art of playing randbats.

Wiggleetuff vs MultiAmmiratore: 1-3
Chiori is such a danger to face in tours; sorry Wiggly, you were impatient to get those play-offs but you'll be out as soon as round one!

Mr CrCr vs teres bahji: 1-3
hi..

Gray vs Xevara: 3-0
First blood, grats Gray!

Last edited:

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Lamp vs Elgino - Lamp has proven himself a top contender througout rands slams, Elgino is good but not as consistent

MichaelderBeste2 vs bbburn - this would be the biggest upset of the tour if bbburn won here, Michael is my pick to win the whole tour

pokeblade101 vs LittEleven - blade stop choking tours you're actually like, really good when you don't do that

LoSconosciuto vs Kaede - LoScono has broken out as a player ever since I drafted him for rbtt last year, he's somehow gotten even better, idk who Kaede is, edit: I know Kaede is Aurodian now, can people stop PINGING ME

soTsoT vs skimmythegod - from what I've seen from both soTsoT is better altho I've heard skimmy is blessed with luck so maybe RNGesus is the biggest factor here

Petros vs Prosaic - toughest match to call imo, Prosaic was unstoppable in rbtt but that was only in gen 8 and idk how well versed he is in other formats compared to Petros, but Prosaic also has more plot armor, MANIFEST

snorlax142857 vs Commy - snorlax is a high-level, well-rounded player, idk who Commy is

Betathunder vs queso - both are very decent players but I think queso has more experience vs tougher opponents

sunsets vs damm u captcha - yea I'm not using his smogon name LOL, idk sunsets too well but everyone is speaking highly of them, I just have more experience with damm and know he's quite good

Expulso vs drakonium - both are good but I think Expulso's motivation is higher rn

Fant'sy Beast vs benJAMIN - despite not playing rbtt (very sad) benjamin has always been a top tier player

Casual dot exe vs frostyicelad - for as long as I've known frosty I actually haven't seen him play a whole lot, ik he's good but casual is very well-rounded in all of these formats

Lucas2543 vs FatFighter2 - FF2 is probably better at gen 8 rands but Lucas takes every other format

Wigglytuff vs MultiAmmiratore - this is kinda 50/50 for me and completely depends on what formats are played, gonna give it to Multi just because I think he's been more consistent

Mr Crcr vs teresbahji - wish teres would say words again but he's still a decent battler

Gray vs Xevara - already happened but I woulda bolded Gray anyways

Last edited:

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
requesting extension, I’m checking into the hospital for acute nicotine toxicity

edit: actually requesting that the entire deadline gets extended; Friday deadline is an extreme bitch to deal with in the school season so could we get it set to Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)