Tournament Rands Slam I - Playoffs [Won by Elgino]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like matchups are in the OP so I get to do predictions now:

MichaelderBeste2 vs Expulso (3-2)
Expulso is good, but Michael is really good; that being said, their strengths don't seem to coincide completely so this may come down to the last game

pokeblade101 vs benJAMIN (2-3)
benJAMIN is really on a roll; blade is also good but he caused smogoff rands to have a bad ending I'll call the upset here

LoSconosciuto vs soTsoT (3-2)
soTsoT is fairly well-rounded, but Loscono is one of the few players who is just as consistent across so many formats; should be an exciting series either way

queso vs Elgino10 (3-2)
If Elgino managed to pull the biggest upset of the tour, he definitely has something going, though it's not like cheese needs to rely on cheese tactics either (ok imma stop)

Meta-prediction: I go 3/4 on predictions, with one 3-2 being a 2-3 in the other way, one being a 3-1, and the other two being correct

Good luck to all Quarterfinalists!

edit: sorry for being in a rush to post predictions before admin decisions / official announcement LOL oops

Last edited:

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
The next administrative decisions were taken by the Random Battles room Staff in consultation with TD's and SS.

Re: Prosaic
On R1, Prosaic lost on an activity call made by his opponent. A review on the situation was called for because this tournament required previous confirmation of participation, yet Prosaic did not play their game. Even though, the evidence and research showed that Prosaic had real intentions of scheduling it and play, while the difficulties on doing so lead the match to be scheduled for Sunday. Therefore, Prosaic missing that time gave fair grounds to their opponent to call act. There isn't a precedent of a situation like this being punished, nor we can find ill intentions or proof of lack of interest, so Prosaic won't be infracted in any capacity.

Re:
Gray
On R2, Gray threw a game at the start of the series against Elgino. Gray forfeited when rolling a big advantage Fire Blast burn that put him on an almost-sure-to-win condition. Gray's reasoning was that they "dont take those in general [...] its a bo5 anyway I’ll win". They lost the series, and although we understand that the forfeit may have been an intent of a kind and well intended gesture, it's also strictly forbidden by Smogon Tournament Rules, an unfair move for all the players of the tournament, specially for the opponent that lost on R1 against Gray, and not necessarily a situation that the current opponent needs to be happy about. Regarding this last point, we have enough evidence to determine that Elgino did not ask Gray to forfeit, nor had any other intent of colluding. There is a clear precedent of cases like this on Smogon tours, thelinearcurve vs. Fakes, where, although without malice nor collusion, someone throwed a game with similar reasoning as Gray's (RNG unfairness, opponent deserving the win more), following a three months tourban. A CPL precedent indicates that throwing in non-official Smogon tours deserves a 1-point infraction for Unsportsmanlike Conduct, which will be applied by SS. Furthermore, the Random Battles staff has unanimously decided to concur with the thelinearcurve vs. Fakes precedent and ban Gray for any official Random Battles tour hosted by the room (including RBTT) for the lapse of three months.

Last edited:
My prediction is in shambles with only 5/8 correct last round. I will have to redeem myself this time.

MichaelderBeste2 vs Expulso: 3-2
Michael seems like he enjoys 3-2 wins. I guess he may continue the tradition this round. If he gets better he should play at his peak

pokeblade101 vs benJAMIN: 3-2
If 1v1ers wins this 3-0 again I'm choosing him to win the whole thing. Blade won't let that happen though, he should be favored in Doubles, Classic and Multi Format and even in gen 8 and Modern.

LoSconosciuto vs soTsoT: 3-2
Why yes, I'm a fan of game 5, how could you tell?

queso vs Elgino: 2-3
Elgino's last round was awkward, I hope he stays focused, if he can he definitely can make it to semi.

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
This time I'm not late! I ended up being 5/5 last round, but it's only 5/8 in the grand schemes of things.

MichaelderBeste2 vs Expulso: 3-1
Please Michael this time don't play on mobile. Also I'll stay consistent, Michael was my original pick to win the whole thing and I still think he will. The most solid randbats player overall and a seasoned tour player. So is Expulso, I have to admit, but Michael is just der Beste.

pokeblade101 vs benJAMIN: 2-3
As much as I love and respect blade, they have a saddening tendancy to choke important tour games even when they face equally skilled players, and benji is definitely as strong, at least in gen7 and gen8. Blade still should have the upper hand in dubs and classic, especially in dubs, but I can still see benji win this match with blade faltering under pressure. I also hope you'll prove me wrong!

LoSconosciuto vs soTsoT: 3-1
Losco is the goat; almost none of these formats come as a weakness for them. soTsoT has proven themselves worthy so the fight should definitely be interesting! I'm still giving LoSconosciuto as the favorite here.

queso vs Elgino: 2-3
Both seems of an equal strength to me. Elgino might feel the need to react and strike hard after the stupid stuff that happened last week, so I'm giving them the upper hand here. I still could see it go both ways, like blade vs benji.

pokeblade101

RBTT Champion
pokeblade101 vs benJAMIN: 2-3
As much as I love and respect blade, they have a saddening tendancy to choke important tour games even when they face equally skilled players, and benji is definitely as strong, at least in gen7 and gen8. Blade still should have the upper hand in dubs and classic, especially in dubs, but I can still see benji win this match with blade faltering under pressure. I also hope you'll prove me wrong!
Finally, an accurate reasoning

Fragments

Finish the story
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Got 6/8 for r2 get absolutely dunked on longhiep341

MichaelderBeste2 vs Expulso - highlight match fr, ik how motivated Expulso has been but Michael has had better performances and is my pick to win the tour

pokeblade101 vs benJAMIN - I dont wanna bold against my guy blade but bejamin has been playing so clean and blade has choked in the past

LoSconosciuto vs soTsoT - LoSco has popped off this year and it'll be hard to stop him, I only see him going down to someone like Michael, benjamin, or blade

queso vs Elgino - I keep bolding against Elgino and he keeps winning wtf, last week def had some shenanigans tho, I think overall queso is the more well-rounded player here

Fragments

Finish the story
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
1/4 on predicts last round yikes, welp only 2 matches to call this week so at least I have a good chance of calling em both (right?)

soTsoT vs Elgino - Elgino what the FUCK I have not bolded this man once this tour and he's made me eat a fuck you sandwich everytime, at this point I have to just keep on with tradition but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong yet again

Expulso vs benJAMIN - I think benjamin is the favorite here despite being the lower seed but I'm gonna go out on a limb and pick Expulso, I think he has the skills to get it done

Looks like I got the most accurate predictions of last round with a 2/4...

soTsoT vs Elgino (3-2)
I will say it once again, I think soTsoT is very consistent so even though Elgino beat lamp I think the former has a slight edge

Expulso vs benJAMIN (3-2)
I somehow have a feeling Expulso is the player who will cut benJAMIN's almost perfect run so far short

I also have predictions for formats chosen and won but obviously I can't post those. Good luck to all Semifinalists!

edit: sniped pretty hard

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
Got 2/4 as well, both Michael and Losco losing was such a surprise to me!

soTsoT vs Elgino: 2-3
Keep bolding Elgino because I believe in last seed run; although soTsoT is more and more impressive to me!

Expulso vs benjamin (1-3)
Benji is the most skilled randbats player left in the tour, while Expulso is the most seasoned tour player of the two. Could go both way at this point but I'll still favour benji. Expulso didn't impress me much in his games vs Michael were they got all 5 positive match ups but ended up 3-2 nonetheless, while benji has only lost one (1?!) game so far in this tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)