rant thread but you can only rant about incredibly specific things that most likely wouldn't bother other people

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
It's very hard to keep the sweet spot of ~25 tabs open on google chrome because sometimes you just go on a tangent and need to have a few more tabs lined up, which eventually leads you to having work through some of the older non-essential tabs, usually some youtube video, to free up some more space. Because if you don't work through them and get closer to 30 and above, you won't be able to even read the first letter of the tab anymore and they'll be annoyingly small to click on.

On the other spectrum though, if you fall under 20 and below you'll just get the anxiety that you clearly closed too many tabs and there's bound to be one that you closed accidentally, depriving you of the visual reminder that it's either something worth checking in on every now and then or will just inconvenience you later if you do happen to need it. Often when you don't type in a tab often and just keep it open, it'll never rise to an easy auto-complete in the search bar, usually forcing you to google search a site you clearly know exist and just want to enter right away.

I could also go on a tangent on how the auto-complete often just focuses on the niche sub-page you visit often, yet won't even recognize the main page as an easy type-in, but I think this is prob not niche enough for this thread.

It's very hard to keep the sweet spot of ~25 tabs open on google chrome because sometimes you just go on a tangent and need to have a few more tabs lined up, which eventually leads you to having work through some of the older non-essential tabs, usually some youtube video, to free up some more space. Because if you don't work through them and get closer to 30 and above, you won't be able to even read the first letter of the tab anymore and they'll be annoyingly small to click on.

On the other spectrum though, if you fall under 20 and below you'll just get the anxiety that you clearly closed too many tabs and there's bound to be one that you closed accidentally, depriving you of the visual reminder that it's either something worth checking in on every now and then or will just inconvenience you later if you do happen to need it. Often when you don't type in a tab often and just keep it open, it'll never rise to an easy auto-complete in the search bar, usually forcing you to google search a site you clearly know exist and just want to enter right away.

I could also go on a tangent on how the auto-complete often just focuses on the niche sub-page you visit often, yet won't even recognize the main page as an easy type-in, but I think this is prob not niche enough for this thread.
It is unacceptable to have any more than four tabs open at one time. Even that’s pushing it.

how do you get anything done
I guess I’ve just never done anything that requires more than a few tabs open at once. I will say that if whatever you’re doing is large enough that it needs more than four tabs open at once then it’s fine to open more. Faint‘s post has destroyed all sympathy I had left for people who have 4+ tabs open at once.

i fucking hate it when someone says among us is cringe, unfunny, and not relevant. people out here being like "amogus isn't funny, go outside loser" while they proceed to gain 50 lbs. by having a doritos and mountain dew mixture blend pipe shoved down their throat and groom minors on genshin impact

I guess I’ve just never done anything that requires more than a few tabs open at once. I will say that if whatever you’re doing is large enough that it needs more than four tabs open at once then it’s fine to open more. Faint‘s post has destroyed all sympathy I had left for people who have 4+ tabs open at once.
As much as this is true for when I work on something, I just hate it when I have opend to many tabs. It makes me feel like I'm losing control of what I'm doing. That's why I use the neat function of pinnig tabs that I use a lot!

Also

i fucking hate it when someone says among us is cringe, unfunny, and not relevant. people out here being like "amogus isn't funny, go outside loser" while they proceed to gain 50 lbs. by having a doritos and mountain dew mixture blend pipe shoved down their throat and groom minors on genshin impact
Amogus sussy baka

The Mind Electric

Calming if you look at it right.
Among Us is not cringe, unfunny, or irrelevant. "Amogus" absolutely is all of those things.

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Honestly those soyboys on there who define themselves by their consumer choices and the preferenced they had as children really get on my nerves. Nobody cares that you used to like banjo kazooie. Like literally, nobody is even mildly interested in what games you played as a child. Stop wearing that t shirt and lazer that tattoo ofd your ass.

You're an adult. It's unhealthy to define yourself this much by your childhood interests. Let your kid play the games that he wants to play and define his own childhood, instead of trying to hijack these years of his life to use it as another trophy shelf for your own memories. Those games you are trying to desperately make him like, he's not gonna like them. He won't, because they suck. They are fucking garbage games by today's standards. If minecraft or fortnite existed back then, everybody would have been playing that instead. Let your kid have fun, and grow up, you manchild. You have a son. If you are still this desperately empty that you are trying to define your life with novelties, you clearly don't appreciate what it means to be a father.

This is what happens when you pretend that we're past "you need to become a man" as a society. They don't.

/rant
Ur dad rly sounds like a jerk dude, im sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)