Recommend: 'Real Screamo'

It's time for some new music, and I've pretty much exhausted google and youtube listening to every piece of music related to 90s emo/screamo/hardcore over the past 5 years. I know that Smogon actually has quite a few members that listen to this kind of stuff so help a brotha out.

For the record, I'm into stuff like Orchid, Pg99, Joshua Fit For Battle, Envy, La Quiete, Kodan Armada, Circle Takes the Square, City of Caterpillar, and Welcome the Plague Year.

I'm not really one of those obnoxious music nazis who will flip out and try to educate you for being 'wrong' but there's a big difference between original emo/screamo and modern emo/screamo, which I will provide examples of:

Examples of what I like:
(Loma Prieta: "Armor")
(Envy: "Color of Fetters")
(Sailboats: "Behind Trees")
http://(Raein: Tigersuit)(Raein: Tigersuit)

Examples of stuff that bores me despite being legit Screamo:
(The Saddest Landscape: "The 6th Golden Ticket")
(Anomie: "?" Sorry, no name or album version.)

Examples of no thanks:
I set my friends on fire
Alesana
A skylit drive

I'll start it off by recommending some Loma Prieta. Last City is one of my favorite albums. There are very few 'perfect albums' which I enjoy the entire way through without ever skipping a song in preference for another, but this is one of them. Granted, it's relatively short, but still. My two top favorite songs are (Worn Path) and (Armor).
Loma Prieta definitely has that "Oh my fucking god." + Goosebumps on your dick factor. Easily one of the best (and surprisingly, relatively unknown) Screamo bands ever.

I recommend

Seriously, this type of sound does not appeal to me at all. (Google "screamo is" and look at the suggestions; seems like I'm not alone).

(This should be in the Internet Renaissance subforum, btw)

@ Chubbs: It's not so much about being 'more screamo' as it is about being 'less pop'.

@ Deschain: Thanks, but I think there were about 3 bands in that thread that are related to what I'm talking about and I've already mentioned them here.

I know all of them :) Haha, therein lies the problem. Haven't jammed Gospel in forever, though!

Also for the record, every band he listed = the kind of screamo i'm referring to and looking for.

I know all of them :) Haha, therein lies the problem. Haven't jammed Gospel in forever, though!
well shit

guess i'll just list off some other, probably less well-known bands / albums... fuck getting youtube links for these

Calculator - Arguments EP / These Roots Grow Deep
Osceola - Split (with Suis La Lune)
Magdalene - Magdalene
Aussitot Mort - 6 Songs
Serena Joy - Ours Will Be A Lonely Battle (might not be what you're looking for)
Tunes For Bears to Dance To - Asking In Askance
Tomato Steal - Tomato Steal / Split (with Heaven In Her Arms) (these guys are really good)

that's pretty much all i can think of that you may not have heard. hopefully this post will be of some help...

<3 Aussitot Mort but the rest are foreign to me! Thanks! :D

Pageninetynine is admittedly more hardcore/punk than screamo but I sort of lump it into the same category as everything else on my list because it's legit as fuck.

Pageninetynine: "Humans With Forked Tongues"

Ever heard of June Paik? They're not as well known as a lot of other screamo bands (even among euroskramz dorks) but holy shit listen to this:

June Paik: "Und Weider"

There's also a clip of Titan's "His Eminence" (this song is off their split) at the end which is absolutely amazing.

EDIT: Oh, maybe the album I got it on was glitched or something or the clip was cut out of the youtube vid. Here's the full song which is awesome anyway: Titan: "His Eminence"

The Kidcrash
Suis la Lune
Escapado
The Birds are Spies, they Report to the Trees
Heaven in her Arms
Jerome's Dream
Amanda Woodward
Enoch Ardon
A Fine Boat, that Coffin!
Cease Upon the Capitol
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
I Would Set Myself on Fire for You
Sed Non Satiata
Sinaloa
Wolves

CITY OF CATERPILLAR

The Kidcrash
Suis la Lune
Escapado
The Birds are Spies, they Report to the Trees
Heaven in her Arms
Jerome's Dream
Amanda Woodward
Enoch Ardon
A Fine Boat, that Coffin!
Cease Upon the Capitol
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
I Would Set Myself on Fire for You
Sed Non Satiata
Sinaloa
Wolves

CITY OF CATERPILLAR

Now we're talking :D <3Kodan Armada. Maj rule and Reversal of Man are some bands that I've heard about and never given a solid chance. Let's see how this goes!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)