Recommendation Central

Can someone recommend to me a few Spanish bands/singers whose songs have lyrics? Besides people like Shakira, Enrique Iglesias, etc. etc.

That's a really broad genre. Can you be a bit more specific(ie similiar to Shakira and Enrique).
It's really just any good bands that sing in spanish. I just need to listen to the language more, and hopefully it will help my understanding/speaking of it. If I had to specify a genre though, it'd be rock or something else where the lyrics are kinda slow enough to understand. Thanks a bunch though.

Heroes of Newerth. DotA's true successor, same gameplay as DotA unlike LoL which has a bunch of different new mechanics and a cash shop which forces you to pay for ingame benefits. HoN is currently only $10 which is an absolute bargain, get in quick though it's a limited offer. http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=H97DJQ4Z HoN DOES have a cash shop but it's purely cosmetic, there are no gameplay or balance changes/benefits that you can or ever will have to buy.

looking for a good book series, preferably science fiction. any ideas?
Not quite a "series" per se, but all of Iain M. Banks' Culture novels are pretty good, and all set in the same galaxy/universe. He's my favourite author, although Danielewski's House of Leaves is my favourite book.

If you want a 'series' of sorts, start with Consider Phlebas, then State of the Art (both of these build up the picture of his setting), then Player of Games (arguably his best; certainly my favourite), then Use of Weapons, and then Surface Detail. There are intereferences between them, especially the first two and the last two.

His other work, like The Wasp Factory, and Transition, are both excellent too, but not part of the same universe.

Heroes of Newerth. DotA's true successor, same gameplay as DotA unlike LoL which has a bunch of different new mechanics and a cash shop which forces you to pay for shiny skins for heroes. HoN is currently only $10 which is an absolute bargain, get in quick though it's a limited offer. http://heroesofnewerth.com/ref.php?r=H97DJQ4Z HoN DOES have a cash shop but it's pretty much the same as league of legends', there are no gameplay or balance changes/benefits that you can or ever will have to buy.

Am looking for a decent strategy game (preferably rts) to LAN it up with about 7 friends. There are some requirements:
- Low spec requirements, not too much lag hopefully
- It's fun and easy to get into
- Not too expensive, or optimally we can LAN it off one game copy
- They mostly like history strategies, as things too fantastical or futuristic scare them I think (however, don't let this restrict you from suggesting something otherwise)

Up till now, we've been playing Age of Empires 3 mostly. Ultimately, we need something to freshen things up, as its becoming quite stale.
Any suggestions appreciated!

Am looking for a decent strategy game (preferably rts) to LAN it up with about 7 friends. There are some requirements:
- Low spec requirements, not too much lag hopefully
- It's fun and easy to get into
- Not too expensive, or optimally we can LAN it off one game copy
- They mostly like history strategies, as things too fantastical or futuristic scare them I think (however, don't let this restrict you from suggesting something otherwise)

Up till now, we've been playing Age of Empires 3 mostly. Ultimately, we need something to freshen things up, as its becoming quite stale.
Any suggestions appreciated!
AoE 3 sucked balls; AoE 2 is awesome. still play it with my friends.
Red Alert 2 is awesome as well, play it regularly with my friends.
Red Alert 3 is the best i can recommend you.

Needa get my hands on moar vonnegut, Slaughterhouse-five was excellent. Anyone like Wodehouse?
I do, though it's been a long time since I read him. My grandmother has a lot of Wodehouse.

I'm still yet to see the Fry and Laurie series of Jeeves and Wooster.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I do, though it's been a long time since I read him. My grandmother has a lot of Wodehouse.

I'm still yet to see the Fry and Laurie series of Jeeves and Wooster.
I've seen a few episodes. Stephen Fry is rightly known as a national treasure, his performance is impeccable, also, Laurie is infinitely better in this than in house, his English accent is amazing. It's a solid series, the actors all understand their roles, it isn't, like, rolling on the floor laughing though.

I've seen a few episodes. Stephen Fry is rightly known as a national treasure, his performance is impeccable, also, Laurie is infinitely better in this than in house, his English accent is amazing. It's a solid series, the actors all understand their roles, it isn't, like, rolling on the floor laughing though.
I've seen 'A Bit of Fry and Laurie' in its entirety, so I assume their performances are similarly good. Laurie's english accent is natural, which makes it less amazing. :P

if the part of Death Note you like is how over the top it is, then I agree FLCL and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann are your best bet of shows you will like, but if it is more the shounen elements you like then just google "shounen" and have fun

monkfish are you serious about not being able to play old games lol

Durarara is a fucking fantastic anime and if you haven't watched it you are stupid

I haven't gotten around to reading the manga yet but I hear it is great too
Dura is a fucking disgusting anime with thin characters and motivations and you are fucking stupid if you want to try to make other people stupid for not watching something relatively obscure and awful; it is just Baccano if everything were completely fucking terrible instead of great

I personally love a lot of the less-shonen anime they had on Adult Swim: Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Case Closed, Paranoia Agent. These are all great imo.
Conan (Case Closed) is as typical a shounen as you can find

- elfen lied
- elfen lied
- elfen lied
- elfen lied
- elfen lied
- code geass
- higurashi no naku koro ni
- tengen toppa gurren lagann
- full metal panic! fumoffu
elfenlied is a terrible show with bad characterization, a child's view of romance, entirely halfassed art and animation, and pointless gore and nudity; it is only good if you like mindless gore and nudity

OK, I need some help here. I'm making a computer game for a competition on another forum, but I can't think of a good name for it. The game is like a fusion of space invaders and bubble bobble. Here is a (rather early) screenshot of it:

So, any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)