Recommendation Central

need something new to listen to/read/watch/play? you ask, and they answer!

well, i need an anime that has an awesome story like Death Note, with characters i can remember. can anybody help?

So, yeah, I had a mental fighting, thinking about to leave my gf, just because I'd like to fuck another hot girl... But finally I decided it would be childish to do it, 'cause I love her too much.

So, I'm still feelin' horny about the another girl, what can I do to solve it? It's pretty annoying...

Please don't post things like ''masturbate'' because it doesn't work.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
bleach is good, code geass aint bad either
Bleach is probably one of the worst shows to date, the manga itself is so drawn out its not even funny. Once Ichigo reaches Soul Society it goes downhill so fucking fast it's amazing.

I shouldn't be replying, but Full Metal Alchemist is the only other series I found had a decent plot apart from Death Note.
That being said, Full Metal Alchemist is actually a wonderful read / watch. Though watching the anime, be careful. There's FMA Brotherhood, which follows the story of the manga, while just the FMA anime takes it in a whole different directions.

I like both Brotherhood and the 'original' anime -- but it's whatever

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
the king:

i also love fma and shaman king and hunter x hunter and bakuman

and uzumaki if you are into weird shit

Durarara is a fucking fantastic anime and if you haven't watched it you are stupid

I haven't gotten around to reading the manga yet but I hear it is great too

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh yeah Shaman King is good if you just ignore like the last three chapters

Then it's fucking great

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It hasn't been mentioned yet, but for Anime I would recommend highly Rurouni Kenshin, both the first season and the Legend of Kyoto series. First season is simply for context so that when you're watching Legend of Kyoto you know what the fuck is going on. LoK was an amazing season and you will very much enjoy it.

well, i need an anime that has an awesome story like Death Note, with characters i can remember. can anybody help?
If you're looking for more "psychological twists" like Death Note I'd recommend Code Geass I guess. It has plenty of those and some nice action as well.

If you're not limiting yourself to stuff like that, I'd probably recommend either Cowboy Bebop or Melancholy of Haruhi. Both are very good storywise, but very different overall. They're both finished as well, so you're not waiting around for episodes if that isn't your thing.

Edit @Hitori: Oh god yes, Liar Game is so fantastic. It doesn't have an anime right? I've only read the manga which is fantastic and I know of the live action drama.

I don't want to make a one liner, but I feel I have to mention that Liar's Game gets a mention from me, especially for psychological twists like mentioned above. Not quite as much action though. And if you are like me and behind as shit on stuff, also consider checking out Case Closed/Detective Conan if you haven't already. Otherwise, there's a whole lot of stuff you could find. Solid shoujo tends to have better story, depending, because shounen tends to have a lot of fight scenes and less plot. Not all are like that though. This didn't end up to be a one liner....

If you don't mind reading instead of watching, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is in my opinion the greatest manga ever, and I don't use that phrase lightly. It certainly has a fascinating plot and the characters are definitely memorable.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i want some games that have great gameplay. like dungeon keeper, deus ex, monkey island, elder scrolls, etc. original shit that captures your imagination. please recommend me some of the good stuff

i want some games that have great gameplay. like dungeon keeper, deus ex, monkey island, elder scrolls, etc. original shit that captures your imagination. please recommend me some of the good stuff
Well, on the Elder Scrolls side of things, if you haven't played Morrowind yet you're doing yourself an injustice. Otherwise, I hear Fallout 3 has great gameplay and plot (Bethesda, no great surprise). I haven't played it but it's the next game on my to get list (yes I am largely late to that bandwagon).
Another great game and a relatively old one was Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. I played it a good few times through, and it's quite in depth take on the star wars franchise.
Meh, those are two memorable games from my childhood so take what you want from it

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
K monkfish imma list some stuff that I think are just good for gameplaying

Tales of Symphonia for Gamecube: The fighting in this one is amazing. Instead of being turn-based, it's live-action or what have you like ssmb. The story is convoluted, but it's 80 hours of gameplay. It's also pretty anime, meaning the characters can get kind of annoying after a while, especially Colette. Most times the voice acting is enjoyable and the music is great.

Donkey Kong Country for 64 - Classic. If you haven't played it, do. One of the best games on the 64 tbh.

Jak and Daxter for PS2 - If you're looking for a quick and easy game that's still fun to play, this is the one for you.

LEGOs Star Wars and company - I know what you're thinking. Stupid kid's game. But, while the gameplay is ridiculously easy, it's a lot of fun too. Plus, you can get most of the game for about $8.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends - I really like playing through these games. They're pretty easy, but if you like the Marvel comics, they're pretty much a requirement to play.

I know these may be lame, but they're also not the standard "Bioshock, Halo, Bayonetta, blah blah" that everyone else will say.

Otherwise, I hear Fallout 3 has great gameplay and plot (Bethesda, no great surprise).
hahahahah no. The main plot line is horrendous and convoluted. The DLC isn't much better either. The gameplay and exploring is fun, but bogged down by a fair bit of glitches and invisible walls, some of which are game-breaking. Still a fun game, and fairly challenging. Fallout: New Vegas is also a (good) choice, but it's a bit more user friendly, which makes it a lot easier and shorter.

Amnesia for the PC. Horror-Adventure Game. Amazingly frightening atmosphere with a great story.

I personally love a lot of the less-shonen anime they had on Adult Swim: Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Case Closed, Paranoia Agent. These are all great imo.

hahahahah no. The main plot line is horrendous and convoluted. The DLC isn't much better either. The gameplay and exploring is fun, but bogged down by a fair bit of glitches and invisible walls, some of which are game-breaking. Still a fun game, and fairly challenging. Fallout: New Vegas is also a (good) choice, but it's a bit more user friendly, which makes it a lot easier and shorter.
New Vegas has a more intuitive plot, more cool shit to find, and a lot of the features have been improved on since 3 came out. Much better expense wise too, since once you get all the DLC anyway at 3's current prices you end up paying twice as much as NV would be anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)