Regionals to be in November and April!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thinking that since Toronto is getting Canadian Nationals, the two logical locations for regionals are Vancouver and either Montreal or Quebec City. Unless they've released the info already and I can't read.

Edit: Realised that New Yorkers can hit up Montreal/Quebec, and Seattle + Portland can visit Vancouver for regionals, although they won't be able to get trips.

Words cannot describe how happy I am right now.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
15 stops woot! I guess its just my laziness but where arenthe 15 stops situated. I cant find exact locations on the site.
Yeah, forgive my weetoddidness but I can't make heads or tails of the event locater. It keeps returning no results.

Also, with a wealth of confirmed information, shouldn't this get a new thread to itself?

[edit]
Also, how would this "first and second round bye" at Nats for people who place first at regionals work?

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
rough approximation of my reaction

<kingofkongs> locations are anounced
<kingofkongs> and guess what
<kingofkongs> arizona in april
<kingofkongs> also happy birthday
<Maski> There was a stampede of six muddy wet adorable doberman puppies
<Maski> In the street
<Human> locations
<Maski> I had to catch them all
<Human> find locations
<Human> go
<Maski> I'm filthy now
<Maski> We just found the owner
<BlueCookies> MASKI
<BlueCookies> HAPPY BIRTHDAY
<BlueCookies> UNLESS KOK IS TROLLING ME
<iss> <kingofkongs> locations are anounced
<iss> <kingofkongs> and guess what
<iss> <kingofkongs> arizona in april
<Maski> THANK YOU RAY
<kingofkongs> oh god
<iss> WH
<Maski> I nshshsz
<iss> WHAT
<iss> WHAT
<kingofkongs> awesome bday present
<Maski> Shamans
<kingofkongs> lol
<iss> WHERER
<iss> WQHEIOFUHS
<Maski> Whaaaaaa y heb duck
<iss> OSUHFDOUAHDOUAI
<iss> HALP
<iss> LINK
<iss> ouajhdioaluh
<Human> MASKI HAPPY BIRTHDAY
<Maski> Puppies
<kingofkongs> lol
<iss> WHAT
<kingofkongs> nic
<Maski> THANK YOU JEWMAN
<kingofkongs> XD
<iss> LINK
<Maestrol> MASKI HAPPY BIRTHDAY
* Snake-C (Mibbit@synIRC-81BD4B34.hsd1.wa.comcast.net) has joined #<snip>
* ChanServ sets mode +a #<snip> Snake-C
* ChanServ gives channel operator status to Snake-C
<iss> WTF IS GOING ON
<Maski> THANK YOU
* iss faints
<iss> hb maski
<kingofkongs> finally
<kingofkongs> lol
<Human> kingofkongs link to locations
<Maski> Iss I'm confused abd muddy from a stampede of luppies what the fuck us
<Maski> Glib on
<kingofkongs> i heard about a few of them
<iss> http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/op_2012_champ_series-2011-09-15/
<kingofkongs> not all
<iss> HOLY SHIT
<kingofkongs> /le shrug
<Maski> My phone suck
<iss> HOLY SHIT
<iss> HOLY SHIT
<iss> HOLY SHIT
<iss> HOLY SHIT
<iss> HOLY SHIT
<iss> IHASILDKHAUSIDOASH
<iss> auiahidfouyshdfisuodahfsd
<iss> F
<kingofkongs> lol
<Maestrol> iss
<Maestrol> take deep breaths
<Maestrol> in
<Maestrol> out
<kingofkongs> AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS
<BlueCookies> this is like ninetails has drought all over again
<Maestrol> in
<iss> Video Game Regional Championships in North America are now a part of the Play! Pokémon Regional Championship Series. Video Game Regional events will take place in the same locations and on the same weekends as the TCG Regional Championships. This means that the number of events in North America will increase to 15, including 2 events in Canada! TCG events will take place on Saturday, and VG events will take place on Sunday. Visit the Video Game Regional Championships page
<iss> for more details!
<Maestrol> out
<iss> HOLY SHIT
<iss> ouajfisdlufhsaidfuh
<iss> a
<iss> awe
<iss> f
<iss> ef
<iss> wes
<iss> a
<Maestrol> IN
<Maestrol> OUT
* You have been kicked from #<snip> by Unreality (Unreality)

I'm with the rest of you. Can't figure out the locator at all. But I'm guessing the Vancouver regionals will either be at UBC campus or a room of the convention center downtown. There's nowhere else I can think of unless they expect it to be a tiny event.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm with the rest of you. Can't figure out the locator at all. But I'm guessing the Vancouver regionals will either be at UBC campus or a room of the convention center downtown. There's nowhere else I can think of unless they expect it to be a tiny event.
Dear God, mentioning "Pokemon" to a campus full of asians, we'll never get in.

TCG will probably be at Cravings, but I haven't actually been there and don't know how big it is to accomadate VGC.

[edit]
Also, how would this "first and second round bye" at Nats for people who place first at regionals work?
You get a free win for the first two rounds at nationals (no opponent). "Bye" is the best opponent, and has 100% match and game win percentage for your tiebreakers. There is literally no disadvantage to getting a bye.

I just hope TPCI brings him and some of the other well known staff back for Nationals and Worlds, I know he adds a lot to the event for many of us...

Still pretty anxious about the lack of rules and the fact classes end for me during the winter semester on the 21st of April according to the schedule thing on our website, meaning that the week of exams is the week before that, which puts the 15th during the weekend before exams. Definitely won't be at the second regional and imagine most of the other college kids have the same schedule. I have absolutely no idea what TPCI is thinking timing wise there.

I just hope TPCI brings him and some of the other well known staff back for Nationals and Worlds, I know he adds a lot to the event for many of us...

Still pretty anxious about the lack of rules and the fact classes end for me during the winter semester on the 21st of April according to the schedule thing on our website, meaning that the week of exams is the week before that, which puts the 15th during the weekend before exams. Definitely won't be at the second regional and imagine most of the other college kids have the same schedule. I have absolutely no idea what TPCI is thinking timing wise there.
Yeah same here. I also don't really like the fact that the VGC is on Sunday. Maybe next year they'll flip the days and have VGC on Saturday and TCG on Sunday. would make my life 200 times easier

Ah, excellent. Thanks!

Dear God, mentioning "Pokemon" to a campus full of asians, we'll never get in.

TCG will probably be at Cravings, but I haven't actually been there and don't know how big it is to accomadate VGC.
Point taken. I went to UBC for the local (now broke because of debt) anime convention and it was always packed. Even though I just sat in the gamesroom the whole time... couldn't tell you a thing about any anime besides Ghibli.

Still pretty anxious about the lack of rules and the fact classes end for me on the 21st of April according to the schedule thing, meaning that the week of exams is the week before which puts the 15th the weekend before exams. Definitely won't be at the second regional and imagine most of the other college kids have the same schedule. I have absolutely no idea what TPCI is thinking timing wise there.
Same here, dude. Although I'm at art school so I'm hoping I won't have to cram that much, but hey what do I know? I just started. It reminds me again of the previously stated anime convention. They held it one year at the Convention Center and they fell so far into debt because 60% of the usual attendees were still in school.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Really not liking this lessened chance of meeting up with all my American friends =( If they do Canadian Nationals the weekend before US Nationals again I may just fly to Toronto, spend the week there, then bus down to Indianapolis though and cheer on you wonderful people <3
They may. I believe the last few times have been in a hotel in Surrey. It seemed pretty easy to get to. I think a short walk from King George station.

Edit: For Europe:
Pokémon Organized Play is now sanctioning grassroots tournaments for the Pokémon video games. Tournament Organizers are being provided with all the resources necessary to create officially recognized tournaments worldwide, giving fans a place and opportunity to hone their skills for the Pokémon VG Championship Series.

The Pokémon VG Championship Series is undergoing its most dramatic expansion ever. Players throughout North America will have the opportunity to participate in Regional Championships alongside Pokémon TCG players starting in November 2011. The European events will remain largely unchanged for the 2011-2012 tournament season, though we continue to plan for expansion in years to come.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Anyone UKish wanna hit up Canada with me? Drink Tim Hortons and win VGC and yes...
Yes. I love that country. Would we be allowed to go though, not being natives. They talk a bit funny, and that would make it all worthwhile.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I wish there was a clear list on the pokemon site as to which ones in my area have VGC as it seems most of them keep refering to TCG unless I'm reading this wrong.

Edit: hopefully Indianapolis and Southern California are not the only ones on November 13.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I wish there was a clear list on the pokemon site as to which ones in my area have VGC as it seems most of them keep refering to TCG unless I'm reading this wrong.
The events would be combined. The TCG Regionals and VGC Regionals are one and the same.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Quick question for those who would know:

If there was a TCG regional in a place last year, does it look like there will be one this year in the same area, if not the same exact place, this year? There was one, like 20 mins up the road from me in Chesterfield last year.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

If there was a TCG regional in a place last year, does it look like there will be one this year in the same area, if not the same exact place, this year? There was one, like 20 mins up the road from me in Chesterfield last year.
They generally do not change places, but anything could happen this year.

In the Mountain west, the TCG regionals bounced between Colorado & Utah.
This year Colorado has it in April.

*The following statement is pure speculation, based on prior TCG regional trends*
So next year the November 2012 will be Utah and April 2013 is Idaho.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Awesome to hear new VGC news. It's nice to see Canada get a VGC but it's a bit sad that I won't be able to meet up with everyone I met at Indianapolis this year. I guess there's always the Worlds. =D

Nationals invitations aren't listed under the Regional prizes. I'm guessing this means the US and Canadian Nationals are open events like the TCG now?

Awesome to hear new VGC news. It's nice to see Canada get a VGC but it's a bit sad that I won't be able to meet up with everyone I met at Indianapolis this year. I guess there's always the Worlds. =D

Nationals invitations aren't listed under the Regional prizes. I'm guessing this means the US and Canadian Nationals are open events like the TCG now?
First does get 2 byes at nationals though.

First does get 2 byes at nationals though.
so do those that finish 2nd in the US regionals also TRE I doubt it because if you look at the bottom it says this

* Non-U.S. residents are not eligible to collect a Travel Award or travel allowance to the U.S. National Championships, as the U.S. Nationals are open to U.S. residents only. Non-Canadian residents are not eligible to collect a Travel Award or travel allowance to the Canadian National Championships, as the Canadian Nationals are open to Canadian residents only. If a non-resident wins a Regional Championship, the Travel Award or travel allowance will pass down to the next eligible resident. All other prizes will be awarded to the actual winner of the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)