Relaxation

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What do you do to relax?

I guess taking a shower is relaxing? I tend to take a really long time because I often end up just standing there with my mind drifting around. :toast: This is a really bad way to relax though because I like to think of myself as not intentionally harming the environment (and wasting money), but that raises the electric and water usage / bill.

As I said on IRC, I really like relaxation tapes / videos (although the audio is all that matters because of the whole can't see with my eyes closed thing). I'm having trouble finding a lot of good ones. Most of the free things on the internet have people breathing into the microphone or not keeping their voice at a fairly constant volume. Ironically, one of the best that I've found is from a guy with a really strong Long Island New York accent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=856PDBw1sdM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vTWesjXksQ

I like some classical music for relaxation. I generally prefer dramatic songs, like Pathetique by Beethoven (or really anything by Beethoven). One of my favorite songs, however, is the "Raindrop" Prelude by Chopin.

I breed pokemon. Other than the Mankey Crisis...ugh...I laugh at amazing IV's on a crappily natured pokemon. I also handle the geckos I breed, clean reptile cages or hang out with my best friends.

Everything but the last seems like it might not be relaxing. I'll add "warrior training my kitten" (aka cuddling and playing with) to the list as well. Also, driving on open roads can be awesome with loud music that doesn't suck.

To relax, I go bowling, and practice my spare shooting. If that does not work, ill pop a Xanax. That always does the trick.

I have a very stressful life (22 years old, 2 year old daughter, 14 hour a day job, many health problems), so I rely on substance use (NOT abuse).

Usually I find it quite hard to relax because I tend to have too many things running through my head at the same time.

Normally I turn on some ambient music and close my eyes while lying down on my bed. It works for me and I always feel like a new person when I open my eyes after a song or two.

Another way of relaxing for me is praying. It's probably the best way for me to concentrate my thoughts and forget about everything minor and useless.

I always feel relaxed while reading. Actually I think I'm the most relaxed on the bus. Reading on a long bus trip is one of my favourite things to do. Just floating around in a body of water is damn relaxing too.

while taking a shower, also when you wake up on the weekend and stay on bed just looking at the ceiling and you just keep falling asleep and waking up

getting lost in the city when i have time to destress. otherwise i like to talk to friends to take my mind off myself

Just playing a game on the computer for me, just lets me focus on something that is not really too important but is enjoyable.

A couple hours of PS2 is said to be good for you ;)

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
golf, play drums (energizes me and relaxes me at the same time), listen to my relaxation playlist. Also prayer lol.

the only way I can relax is to expend ALL my energy, so pretty much the absolutely only way is to run about 6 miles and then weightlift and then enjoy a super soaking hot and heavy shower :( but that is a lot of work to relax lol

Playing video games does it for me. Unless I'm at a frustrating part of said game that is. Usually, if I'm just messing around with something like GTA/Saints Row or playing Co-Op on some game (most of the time one that involves killing stuff like Gears of War or Halo) with a friend.
Also, working out in the gym I feel is quite relaxing. Well, except for running.

Running is probably the most relaxing thing I do. I actually have sleeping problems out of track and cross country seasons, but fall asleep fine in season. It's surprising what a nice 10-mile can do for ya.

play a game that I can easily win usually gets me into a good (improved) mood, whether it be fighting low leveled ssbm characters or challenging randoms at pokemon

I'm a pretty relaxed person by nature, but if I'm a bit stressed out the most effective remedy I've found for me is to play music. Piano, singing, or tuba all tend to up my mood and fill my head with tunes and melodies that distract me from my anxiety.

Obi I listened to the Chopin piece you suggested and I really like it. I had no idea that the Halo commercial wasn't an original song.

I listen to music, silence EVERYTHING, or play videogames. The third one is my escape from reality most of the time, and is the entire reason I'm here. Games calm me because, if it's good, you have a sense of accomplishment and success that you don't always get irl.

I don't think I ever really "relax", I'm just a relaxed person in general. Sometimes if I'm feeling stressed out about something, I talk to my cat about it. For some reason, I find that this really helps.

I sometimes sit down in the shower and chill out. Other times I pee in the shower because I'm too lazy to do it in the toilet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)