All Gens Retro Cup of Pokémon 2020: Round 1 [POST REPLAYS]

I will try and make predictions for gsc. This is my first prediction and I want everone to know that what I say is not the law, nor is it the most informed (I don't know you and I am sorry for my ignorance).
I don't think that predictions can give a player's value and it's pokemon so anything can happen always.

G1:
Oibaf 3 or 2 wins (Ita)
Shakur 2 wins (Bra)
Star (North east)
Maki's fox (West)

In a very Fifa-like fashion the two soccer countries will be taking off with the most wins (unless Italy were to pull a not qualify curse on itself). Oibaf is the most experienced player, Shakur has a good chance at winning at least 2 games but a third win will come down to the match between the two players I kust mentioned. Shakur played in many gsc tours as well andas placed in semis in a stacked tournament in PP. Star is next because on that team is a manager who is more than familiar with the tier, butand who knows.

G2:
Raichy (L.Am)
Hipmonlee (OCE)
Lord Ninjax (CAN)
Vani (Ger)

I won't write predicted scores because this group has lesser known players to me as far as gsc is concerned. I think they have a fairly equal chance at winning against each other, which makes this group the most unstable. Best keep an eye out for them. Iirc Raichy may have played in more than one ou tour and perhaps even other tiers. I couldn't find much in terms of tournament experience but I might have to do more digging.

G3:
Zok 3-0. (Eu)
Thorx 2-1(Sou)
Klay 1-2 (Spa)
Marilli (Mws)

Zok is the most experienced and flexible players. He specializes in a style that is suited for long and drawn out games so gsc is great for him. He's also not an easy player to outplay. Thorx I believe has a shot at doing well based on what I saw in tour placings (gsc cup). Klay I believe comes next.

G4:
Diophantine (UK) 3 or 2 wins
Blazing Dark (FR) 2 or 1 win
Ckw (Asia) 2 or 1 win
Toplel (Arg) 1, maybe 2.

Diophantine is well rounded and has been playing consistently in tours, as well as managing in them. As far as gsc is concerned, there isn't much to compare his level with the tier to. Blazing and Ckw are both of a decent level. I think that toplel might also have a shot. This group may prove tricky though as a lot of the players seem to be on a similar level.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)