RoA Speed BKCCAT 2 - Step 6: Final Adjustments

I'll vote for myself. Keeping in mind that my core is specifically for ChestoRest Raikou since it can heal off sand damage. I'd be a little iffy using it with SubCM.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Welp I'm spending an entire day studying for an exam tomorrow >_> I won't be able to move on to the next step till tomorrow. Sorry for the trouble!! Feel free to continue voting ~

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Step 5: Teammates, Raikou refining, and Playstyle Part 2

BKC 2
HUARGH 1
JackieChun 2
Lavos Spawn 3

Raikou @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 48 HP / 56 Def / 184 SAtk / 220 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Substitute / Rest
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP / 248 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Lavos Spawn voted for himself at the last moment to break a 3 way tie... and his nomination didn't include any playstyle or the set for Raikou ~_~ let's continue~~ Nominate 1 up to a core of 3 Pokemon again and choose the playstyle / set for Raikou if possible! :)

~24 hours as well.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Looks fairly easy.

Add:

Bulky Water of Choice.
a Ghost (Scarfrotom, Specsrotom, SubsplitRotom, SubsplitGar)
either a Scarfer or something def. that covers certain problems (SDef-Gliscor for example)

:/

ok with the addition of heatran we're weaker than ever to physical attacks; tyranitar in particular is a total nightmare. my first instinct is to add gliscor but that will result in a dd ice punch ttar weakness. before i address that however, first we need passho tran with hp electric/grass > earth power. this lets us lure & 2hko starmie who'd spin all over us otherwise. it's also useful as a last ditch check against shit like kingdra/gyara. i would also give it magma storm > fire blast so it can trap bliss/lax before exploding on it.

the core i'm nominating is gyarados + hitmontop. together they cover just about every physical threat thanks to excellent synergy and double intimidate. top's guaranteed rapid spins also let us stay alive longer against stall. i can't export anything cause i'm in class but here are the sets

gyara @ lefties, careful, 248 hp/16 sdef/244 def, waterfall/roar/restalk
top @ lefties, impish, 248 hp/216 def/44 sdef, close combat/foresight/rapid spin/stone edge or toxic

for the last slot let's go with gengar. perfect switch to the annoying gliscor, emergency spinblocker, amazing tspikes abuser.

gengar @ life orb/black sludge, timid, 252 spatk/252 spe, substitute/protect, pain split, shadow ball, focus blast

Dang, wanted to avoid FWG.

All right, those three are screaming to be thrashed by stuff like Tyranitar, Infernape, or Dugtrio (yes, it actually has potential and is a threat), so we need some guys to cover those.
I've faced Gyarados + Hitmontop recently and it was pretty solid. I'm OK with that. I think physical versions of Infernape can be held off for the most part.

Renominating the Specs Rotom-W set I posted earlier to be the spinner instead of Gengar though. Oh, and Raikou should be Sub+CM in my opinion, if Gyarados is coming aboard.

Infernape is still an issue. Gengar could be the failsafe against him because of his Speed. We could switch the Specs on Rotom to the Scarf...

I don't know about making this team a semi-stall team, which seems to be the route we are headed toward if we implement BKC's suggestions. The team we have currently is not bulky at all. We're not using a Special Defense Roserade. We're not using a Bulky Heatran. I think it'd be silly to move from the Bulky Offensive direction that we're currently headed toward to a more defensive route. It just doesn't mesh well at this point. I do like BKC's Gengar idea. It gives us an answer to Breloom. Just some things to think about.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
@ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam / Toxic
- Roar / Toxic
- Protect

Swampert sports decent type synergy with Roserade as it tanks Fire-type attacks well and its terrible weakness to grass is covered by Roserade. It also acts as a good physical tank which the team currently lacks. Why I am proposing Swampert is because the team currently lacks a good counter to Sp Def Heatran (Roserade can dent it but not switch in) as well as random fire moves which Swampert can take. Swampert also KOs Heatran with Earthquake. Ice Beam is good for taking down Flygon and Dragonite. SR is an almost mandatory hazard which Swampert can set up reliably. If we get another SR user then Roar is good for forcing hazard damage as well as scouting. Finally Protect allows Swampert to scout, which is an important tool in DPP, and also screws over things that want to go boom on it.
Renoninating Swampert from the previous round. In addition to the above, the synergy between it and Heatran is pretty good. It also alleviates the weakness to DDtar

sandshrewz

POTATO
Step 5: Teammates, Raikou refining, and Playstyle Part 2 Voting

gyara @ lefties, careful, 248 hp/16 sdef/244 def, waterfall/roar/restalk
top @ lefties, impish, 248 hp/216 def/44 sdef, close combat/foresight/rapid spin/stone edge or toxic
gengar @ life orb/black sludge, timid, 252 spatk/252 spe, substitute/protect, pain split, shadow ball, focus blast

ok with the addition of heatran we're weaker than ever to physical attacks; tyranitar in particular is a total nightmare. my first instinct is to add gliscor but that will result in a dd ice punch ttar weakness. before i address that however, first we need passho tran with hp electric/grass > earth power. this lets us lure & 2hko starmie who'd spin all over us otherwise. it's also useful as a last ditch check against shit like kingdra/gyara. i would also give it magma storm > fire blast so it can trap bliss/lax before exploding on it.

the core i'm nominating is gyarados + hitmontop. together they cover just about every physical threat thanks to excellent synergy and double intimidate. top's guaranteed rapid spins also let us stay alive longer against stall. i can't export anything cause i'm in class but here are the sets

for the last slot let's go with gengar. perfect switch to the annoying gliscor, emergency spinblocker, amazing tspikes abuser.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

+Gyarados + Hitmontop (see above post)

Dang, wanted to avoid FWG.

All right, those three are screaming to be thrashed by stuff like Tyranitar, Infernape, or Dugtrio (yes, it actually has potential and is a threat), so we need some guys to cover those.
I've faced Gyarados + Hitmontop recently and it was pretty solid. I'm OK with that. I think physical versions of Infernape can be held off for the most part.

Renominating the Specs Rotom-W set I posted earlier to be the spinner instead of Gengar though. Oh, and Raikou should be Sub+CM in my opinion, if Gyarados is coming aboard.

Infernape is still an issue. Gengar could be the failsafe against him because of his Speed. We could switch the Specs on Rotom to the Scarf..
@ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam / Toxic
- Stealth Rock / Roar
- Protect

Swampert sports decent type synergy with Roserade as it tanks Fire-type attacks well and its terrible weakness to grass is covered by Roserade. It also acts as a good physical tank which the team currently lacks. Why I am proposing Swampert is because the team currently lacks a good counter to Sp Def Heatran (Roserade can dent it but not switch in) as well as random fire moves which Swampert can take. Swampert also KOs Heatran with Earthquake. Ice Beam is good for taking down Flygon and Dragonite. SR is an almost mandatory hazard which Swampert can set up reliably. If we get another SR user then Roar is good for forcing hazard damage as well as scouting. Finally Protect allows Swampert to scout, which is an important tool in DPP, and also screws over things that want to go boom on it.

Another thing is that this Swampert doesn't give a shit which team style we are using because it's so versatile.

Sub > Rest on Raikou imo. Safety is so important and it's better than using a turn to rest
needs more activity :cccc
BKC
Aerodactyl Legend
scorpdestroyer

It'll go for ~24 hours!

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
bkc cuz he basically said what i said just made it more clear. His version is just a bit Gyarados-weak but its ok otherwise. Its nice because it has so0me measures vs stall too (i.e. spin).

Though Rotom-A(/Gengar)+Swampert(withsomeatk-evs for theeq2hkovsstarmie)+Zapdos(/Dragonite) could probably work too.

sandshrewz

POTATO
Sorry if I didn't make it clear (should have posted the sets/images in my post). My full nomination includes Gyarados and Hitmontop.
:x sorry about that! Extending this by one day just in case anyone wanted to vote for his nomination with Gyarados and Hitmontop and also we only have a few votes (though it's all the same!) :O!

sandshrewz

POTATO
Step 6: Final Adjustments

Raikou @ Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 48 HP / 56 Def / 184 SAtk / 220 Spd
- Substitute / Rest
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Roserade (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 32 HP / 248 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Sleep Powder
- Toxic Spikes
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Heatran (M) @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 32 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 SDef / 244 Def
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Roar
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SDef
Impish Nature
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Foresight
- Stone Edge / Toxic

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb / Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute / Protect
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Playstyle: ????

itt BKCCAT, look at the title roflol. We've come to the final step :O! Suggest anything that should be changed and this step should also aim to reduce the number of slashes as well. I'm fine with having slashes so there's variants of this team though. But more importantly, SubCM or ChestoRest Raikou or both works?? ~24-48 hours let's wrap this up! :)

occa on roserade!! it makes sure we beat lured heatran regardless of their set.

Heatran (M) @ Passho Berry
EVs: 144 HP / 20 Atk / 252 SAtk / 92 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Explosion

i have been liking subcm raikou so i'll go with that... but chestorest also works. it's mainly preference although each set has (dis)advantages.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
i guess i'll be contrary and support chestorest raikou. understandably it can't block status and get free predicts at the cost of 25%, but in my experience playing with and against subcm raikou one of the main tactics opponents try to use is wear it down slowly by hitting it again and again with priority and special shit. rest allows you to circumvent that strategy and completely throws a wrench in teams that were already underprepared for the subcm set. often turns 2-3 poke elimination into a clean sweep. i get the appeal of subcm but imo rest is way better on this team since it's already low on longevity.

bkc why the evs you list? i trust you have a good reason but i want to know it myself.

good thread title

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)