All Gens RoAPL VI: Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Art by 0Nl, thanks friend!
⏮ RoAPL 5 | Discord | Spreadsheet

Manager Signups |
Player Signups | Talk | Replays | Usage | Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Semifinals | Finals

Hello everyone!
I will be hosting RoAPL VI alongside HSOWA and Waves, with Lutra for quality control. We have decided to switch up the format compared to last year, so RoAPL will feature 8 teams of 10 tier slots each (2x Gens 1-5 OU), and we are here looking for managers for those 8 teams! Following
this thread, it seemed that the player base is already heavily divided on if 14 slots is too much for SPL, meaning that for RoAPL 14 slots (2x 1-7 OU) is out of the questions. Similarly, keeping last years format means we cut out SM OU/RBY OU arbitrary or means that we need to break away from our traditional 2 slots per tier style. Therefore, going down to the 10 slots (2x Gens 1-5 OU) appears to be the best option, especially considering that the OUPL will have 2 ORAS and 2 SM slots so that we split the old gens evenly among the two. You will have until the 14th of March to apply for a spot alongside an 'assman' of your choice, as the chosen managers will be posted here later that day. Player Signups will start on March 15th and will last until 27nd March, with the auction happening either on March 28rd or 29th. As some people were curious, managers and their assmans still cannot play.

Example signup
Code:
[B]Team Name:[/B] Oreburgh Onixes
[B]Bio:[/B] I won RoAPL as a manager. I've shown I can do it. I also won a 64-man RBY tournament, and went 10-6 in SPL over 2 seasons.
[B]Commitment:[/B] We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
[B]Assistant Manager (or Manager):[/B] @HSOWA
Criteria for Team Names:

• Same letter must be at the start of each word (initials) [Oreburgh Onixes]
  • First word = first word of a pokemon location [Oreburgh]
  • Second word = pokemon name plural [Onixes]
  • KK initials are banned.
If you want to take up on a team from last year (which we prefer to establish franchises and retains), just use its name and it will be all good!
Good luck everyone! We are looking forward to a great run this year!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Team Name: Mauville Magnetons
Bio: Did this the last two years and got playoffs both times, arguably decent at rby etc
Commitment: Can't leave my house because of covid19, will have time
Assistant Manager: The noble SamuelBest will be my assman

retiring this signup, mb

Last edited:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Team Name: Ecruteak City Enteis
Bio: managed last two years, also managed in snake 3
Commitment: We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
Assistant Manager: Groudon aka Drip Bayless

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Team Name: Konikoni Ponytas (Poni Plains Ponytas if the naming rules are strictly enforced)
Bio: My co-manager and I were runners-up of the last edition. I also managed in SPL X.
Commitment: We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
Assistant Manager: crayon pop

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Team Name: Pyrite Town Pichus
Bio: I won RoAPL as a manager. I've shown I can do it. I also won a 64-man RBY tournament, and went 10-10 in SPL over 3 seasons.
Assistant Manager (or Manager): Djokra

Last edited:

Hoopas Dad

formerly Mysterious M
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Aspertia Arcanines
Bio: Have had this franchise for 2 years now, and barelly mised poffs twice. Third time i am not going to lose. Did win POCl & Ubers Most Wanted earlier this year, a lot of managerial experience with wcops and team tours in smogon, po and pp. LGI Arcanines.
Commitment: AF
Assistant Manager:
Astamatitos

Last edited:
team name: Iki Town Igglybuffs
bio: count the rings
commitment: We will be active throughout the whole tournament and will, without fail, send our team lineups in time.
assman: -Tsunami-
LOL sure.
If you need further qualifications...I managed SPL 3 times, and made finals twice and won one of them. I also have 4 other team tour trophies. I also do predictions every week so I have a good handle on who is viable and who isn't. Oh, and I also literally won the Smogon Classic and AM STILL +10 on the sheet despite tanking the past few tours. I also have a waifu bop.

Last edited:
Team Name- We're fine picking up any team from last year if it's that kind of tour. If not, let's go with Lilycove Ludicolos.
Bio- Consistent, proven managerial success. I've managed 6 team tours and have made playoffs in all 6 of them, finals in 5/6 and won 3/6.
Commitment- Anyone who has ever been on a team that I've managed will tell you that I am the personification of "managerial tryhard".
Co-Manager- JabbaTheGriffin who has managed in SPL and World Cup multiple times.

Last edited:

pqs

Banned deucer.
Team Name: Power Plant Pichus Pincurchin
Bio:
We've both been pretty consistent with managing things, I'm currently managing a team in a different PL and we're somewhat exceeding xd
Commitment: We will definitely be very committed to this, we love people. We are also the hardest working members of the 1v1 community. rosa can back this up.
Assistant Manager (or Manager): Lkjc

Last edited:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Team Name: Power Plant Pichus
Bio: We've both been pretty consistent with managing things, I'm currently managing a team in a different PL and we're somewhat exceeding xd
Commitment: We will definitely be very committed to this, we love people. We are also the hardest working members of the 1v1 community. rosa can back this up.
Assistant Manager (or Manager): Lkjc
Ya shut the fuck up

Team Name: Mauville Magcargo ( sorry guys, Klin Klang Klan is vetoed )
Bio: We both managed a lot of french tours, and did a lof of teamtours in smogon. We know the community pretty well too.
Assistant Manager: Sharow

Last edited:
Team Name: We're fine picking up any team from last year. If not we will be the Canalave City Crobats
Bio: We've both managed team tournaments in the past with HML getting semi finals in PPL and myself winning BLT.
I have experience helping out Team UK for the WCOP and I've made BW Cup Quarter Finals and DPP OU Global Finals.
My partner HML am has won a GSC Seasonal tour and has played RBY for the Cryonicles and Team UK.
Assistant Manager (or Manager): HML am

kjdaas

this girl rly slapped some letters together huh
is a Community Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Art by 0Nl

The following teams have been selected (in alphabetical order)

Team
| Manager | Assistant Manager

Aspertia Arcanines | Mysterious M | Astamatitos
Canalave Crobats | Roseybear | HML am
Iki Igglybuffs | Luigi | -Tsunami-
Lilycove Ludicolos | CALLOUS | JabbaTheGriffin
Mt. Moon Men (name change preferred) | Gilbert arenas | PDC
Mossdeep Meteorites | BKC | TonyFlygon
Poni Plains Ponytas | Eo Ut Mortus | crayon pop
Sunyshore Shaymins | Excal | Hyogafodex

Me and HSOWA ranked all valid applications and we broadly agreed on all picks. Also vanisherrr will our new co-host RoAPL. Mossdeep Meteorites will get the Po Town Power retains and the Poni Plains Ponytas the Konikoni City retains, because they are both rebrands of an old teams. The other 3 new teams (Canaleve Crobats, Iki Town Igglybuffs and Lilycove Ludicolos) will decide soon as possible which teams retains they want to pick up if any.

We'd like all managers and assistant managers to come to the RoAPL Discord where we finalize plans, including the date for the auction and retain information.

The players signups will be up later today or tomorrow!​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)