Round XIX: Coconut vs Banana, Exeggutor vs Tropius!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solrock

I personally like the sun (who doesn't like the sun btw ?) and I don't see it much because I live in the north of France and my office doesn't have a window.

Lunatone

Honestly not much reason behind this except that I actually had a Lunatone in my Sapphire version that I used at some point. I've never used Solrock for anything.

I'm making my decision like this because otherwise they're very equal to me in most regards, meaning I have little to go on for it.

I have to go with Lunatone. As others have said, Solrock's eyes look simply dreadful. The criticism of Lunatone's "beak" (actually his nose) also strikes me as odd since the crescent moon is often depicted with a pointy nose. This design hardly originated with Game Freak. Neither may be terribly creative, nor is either all that good in battle, but Lunatone simply looks better.

Dunsparce. One of the most interesting designs, mysterious but lovable. He is just an interesting pokemon that has so much untapped potential for awesome if he evolved.

Okay so last round was very close, with Lunatone taking an earlier lead, Solrock then pulling up ahead at the end before Jimera0 and Quilph saved Lunatone.

hm...

i think i'll go with mawile.

i've never been a particular fan of either, but while dunsparce has its niche in the form of serene grace + flinch hax (a la shaymin-sky), mawile has a design that doesn't look like a drunk eighty-year old midget. plus, it's kinda cute.

but gamefreak pleeeease give us an evo for dunsparce. :c

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
With all of the people who voted for Gardevoir, I'd be surprised if Mawile lost this one. I mean c'mon, it's a cute girl!!! Except Gardevoir will protect you while Mawile will eat you...but still...look how cute!!! And Dunsparce just looks retarded, seriously. At least Mawile had an interesting concept and design.

I like both. Dunsparce likes to troll a la parahax, while Mawile is just adorable. (I also thought Mawile was Dark when I first played Sapphire because of the moveset and looks. Seriously how is it a Steel type? But I digress.)

My vote goes to Mawile, for several reasons. First, Mawile is adorable (seriously, those teeth are beautiful). Second, Dunsparce is, like Spinda, a mostly pointless Pokemon (who I wish would finally get evos) Third, despite Mawile's stats being rather meh, I actually found her fun to use in game.

Well surprisingly I like both of them.
Mawile has a good concept but bad execution, besides why's it a Steel-type? Dunsparce is derpily cute, just look at its tiny wings! Its drill-like tail is also interesting, the only thing putting him down is its old-man face.
This time I go with Dunsparce.

With all of the people who voted for Gardevoir, I'd be surprised if Mawile lost this one. I mean c'mon, it's a cute girl!!! Except Gardevoir will protect you while Mawile will eat you...but still...look how cute!!! And Dunsparce just looks retarded, seriously. At least Mawile had an interesting concept and design.
"Look how cute," just after you said it might eat you. Do you consider being eaten alive a cute act?

I vote for Dunsparce because of that epic derpface. I don't want to know what its designers drunk when they came up with it, though, but maybe some of us do... I'd bet on Russian wodka. Lots of it.

Mawile
I've loved her ever since I found out what she was based on. Also, I can't ever imagine myself voting for Dunsparce.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I gotta vote Dunsparce. I never knew what Mawile was, what type it was, or where to get it. I just remember facing them in Sapphire and them always resisting my efforts (damn steel). I never bothered to find one just because it didn't really stand out to me (you'd think a giant venus-fly-trap-like mouth would be a selling point but nope).

I do however remember being a younger kid playing GSC and wanting a Dunsparce really bad. I'd look everywhere for one. Defense Curl + Rollout was a fun combo (thanks for the pro tip Whitney). I think I've just always liked beating the game with the 'weak' pokemon like Ledian, Farfetch'd, Smeargle, Keckleon etc.

I just want Dunsparce to get that dragon evo posted earlier!

Mawile

I like the "double face" design, it has some potential (in PU at least :p) despite its horrible stats and I don't like the paraflinch shenanigans dunsparce offers.

Okeydokey, round closed. Not as many voters as last time, but perhaps that's due to celever being away and so the title not being changed. Anyway, scores:

Oh would ya look at that.. it's a draw. 2 Dunsparce votes were discounted as they didn't provide any reasoning whatsoever. Anyway, as it is a draw, I've decided to include my vote.. Dunsparce wins! I've never used Mawile in battle or anywhere, and Dunsparce has that adorably derpy look going for it.

On to the next round!

Round XIX: Abomasnow vs Hippowdon
vs

Get voting!

Hmm.. this is a tough one. I'd have to say Hippowdon. It's a hippo. In the desert. In case you guys didn't already know, hippos are some of the most violent creatures on earth. Abominable snowmen are cool and all, but that 4x fire weakness is pretty nasty.I'd have to say that Hippowdon takes the cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)