SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

the elite 4 theme is terrible,its just the same four notes over and over again.
Another thing they have to pach because there is no way thats the actual theme.
the entire music for this game feels unfinished tbh. Lots of repeated notes and nothing really packs a punch like previous gens. Might be the first pokemon game with a mid to bad ost. Wonder if toby had anything to do with it

the entire music for this game feels unfinished tbh. Lots of repeated notes and nothing really packs a punch like previous gens. Might be the first pokemon game with a mid to bad ost. Wonder if toby had anything to do with it
apparently the dinamic themes are glitched and dont play properly,at least i hope its that.

I doubt Toby is why the soundtrack is what it is.

Personally I didn't find most of LA's soundtrack very gripping either.

ok that's kinda funny, this game is falling apart in every way. Main question is how much of this is going to be fixed by this pre patch and what part its just the real game experience

call me a pessimist but idk, I don't have many hopes on it
Well... after all we know there's a day 1 patch, plus this is mainly people playing on a ROM via emulator or hacked switches, so there's doomed to be performance issues.

I'll be drinking copium hoping it gets better BUT that said it's still miles better than SwSh in both graphical and performance aspects.

I know that that's setting the bar pretty low but... gotta try to see the glass half full shouldn't we.

no seriously, how is Portugal represented in this game at all?
Company that only cares about how much money they can extract from fools only cares about how much money they can extract from fools. More news like this and more on Blizz TV at 11.

If you’re really looking for proper representation and/or sincere representation, you really need to look more towards the indie sphere. For big companies, it’s the facade that’s important, nothing else. And, people have voted with their wallets time and time again that they agree. It’s unfortunate but that’s the reality of the modern gaming sphere.

Game isnt out to the public yet, and all the leakers are pointing out mons moves and data. Put a pin in this and come back a week or 2 from now before you go on a tirade. Almost every mon had roots in England for SwSh, but thats far from the current focus of people rn.
Yeah, I give you that, I'm just saying if the latinamericans or spaniards or portuguese in the forums go "hey I don't like how this game is representing my culture" going "nuh uh iz ok what they do cause xyz" is a shitty thing to do

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sacred Sword Gallade is finally real. And the lord said amen.

Also ngl, I'm interpreting the new Battle Bond description as "Greninja doesn't actually transform anymore and the ability has been converted to Super Moxie as compensation." Fyi, the Gen 7 description was the following:

"Defeating an opposing Pokémon strengthens the Pokémon's bond with its Trainer, and it becomes Ash-Greninja. Water Shuriken gets more powerful."

The fact the specific mention of Ash-Greninja was removed is pretty damning. Things get even more interesting since there's recently been a lot of speculation about Ash finally being retired from the anime. This isn't necessarily a smoking gun (the Ash will leave cope has been going on for so long with zero results that I am incredibly skeptical of claims that it'll happen for real this time), but it certainly doesn't help his case.
There are two possibilities: either Battle Bond was reworked, or it still changes Greninja's form but is no longer exclusive to Ash-Greninja. If it still causes Ash-Greninja form change, then it's possible it will cause new Battle Bond forms to arise later this generation.

Like we could get...for example...Serena-Delphox and Alain-Chesnaught Battle Bond forms later, or maybe an Ash-Quaquaval or something like that.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well... after all we know there's a day 1 patch, plus this is mainly people playing on a ROM via emulator or hacked switches, so there's doomed to be performance issues.

I'll be drinking copium hoping it gets better BUT that said it's still miles better than SwSh in both graphical and performance aspects.

I know that that's setting the bar pretty low but... gotta try to see the glass half full shouldn't we.
To add to this, I can assure you that this game barely runs on emulators lol. Do not take ANYTHING about this game's performance from emulator videos, Switch emulators have severe issues with this game atm.

I doubt Toby is why the soundtrack is what it is.

Personally I didn't find most of LA's soundtrack very gripping either.
this just made me realize I didn't really listen to LAs soundtrack at all.
I hope theyre not going the botw way with the music being less punchy and more ambient. Probably irrational fear but the music of pokemon is always really good the way it's been

also i know realistically toby didn't do much but what will I do without someone to villify :(

What's with the talk of Ash leaving? Like the anime will end or we will have a new main character with different Pokemon? If we get a new character I might actually watch it.

Also nice that we know what Protosynthesis and Quark Drive do now. I'm pretty sure the paradox mons will all be banned. Like even the slow stuff like Tyranitar because it has access to Rock Polish with over 600 attack on switch in boosted further by Life Orb and Tera. I can't believe Cuddly got it right. Except he was off about it being a +2 boost.

World Cap Pikachu was added in Version 1.2 of SWSH
(plus other person that replied w this, i don't like multiple quoting on mobile lol)

ok then yeah I'm 99% sure ash is staying. before it was more like 95% lol

idk the idea of abandoning the main character for a kid centric series makes no sense to me. neither for the writers nor for the marketing high ups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)