SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

It's worth remembering that paradoxes are going to be considered new pokemon and not forms, so who knows what they're going to do with their stats. I would guess that none of them will line up exactly with the original pokemon

If they don't all end up having the same BST, I am curious how they'll be grouped. There's some pretty obvious counterparts with Donphan, Volcarona and Salamence/Tyranitar being regular version exclusives, but the rest don't really have clear counterparts. Maybe Hydreigon and Magneton will be matched up because they're both trios. Or maybe they won't care about keeping the two lists exactly parallel, but that would be surprising

Does anybody else think that the Donphans might be called Donmirai and Donkorai?

I raise you the following alternative

Screenshot_20221025-011231_Discord.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
View attachment 460441

Agreed. Peaceful dead Primeape would be awesome for Halloween.

Or they just don't reveal Paradoxes at all and keep those as a major story surprise for people who don't listen to spoilers. At this juncture it would not surprise me if they did go that route and I wouldn't mind.

b-but the Salamence… I need to see it…

I raise you the following alternative

View attachment 460593

This must happen. MUST.

else I may cancel my preorder
EDIT: who am I kidding

Not related to the trailer, but Paradox Hydreigon seems like it will be interesting as a discount Yveltal. Its worse in every area (assuming it keeps the same statline as vanilla Hydreigon), but its got similar Special Attack and speed, and its bulk is still solid despite its significantly worse HP. Typing-wise, I don't think it will be too much better than vanilla Hydreigon, but a strong STAB Hurricane will be a nice tool as strong neutral coverage that also smacks Fairies for good damage. Losing resistances to Fire, Water, and Electric will be annoying though. Hopefully it gets a good ability in exchange for losing Levitate (I am guessing that it will get Intimidate).

Paradox Salamence is interesting as well. Initially, I thought it could outclass Hydreigon due to its better Speed tier, but really, its arguable whether that will actually be the case. In exchange for 2 points in Speed,, you lose out on bulk and SpA, which will be relevant in other matchups. I think Hydreigon will still keep its niche as a Nasty Plot user, but Mence will be the much better dragon dancer. 30 extra points in attack will make its Crunches and EQs sting a lot more right off the bat and will make it much easier for it to secure KO. For Example, Mence has a 50% chance to OHKO Tapu Koko w/ EQ, while Hydreigon needs a Life Orb to have a chance at KOing it.

Have we seen the actual stats of them somewhere? Where are you getting this from?

Khu posted a last paradox fact mentioning that they all keep an original type as suspected.
The content of every trailer so far has been leaked on 4chan, so people have started paying more attention there. The post people are currently thinking is legit claims the trailer will reveal
Greavard, the ghost dog with a candle on its head.
I guess we'll see in an hour or so if this was the legit one.
From the code cracking server, khu said the reveal will be "MZG" which could apparently be 墓烛狗 for grave candle dog. This happened 4 hours ago and the 4chan post happened about 3 hours ago.
Also he posted a dead dog with a litwick on its head in August.

pokemon-greavard.webp

Pure ghost, single ability is Pick Up

It Lurks Underground and Jumps Out While Making Eerie Cries
Normally, Greavard barely moves, resting peacefully underground. It pokes the topmost part of its head above ground and lights an eerie glow at its tip, then waits for someone to approach. When a person draws near, Greavard jumps out of the ground while letting out a spooky cry that would startle most unsuspecting people. However, it doesn’t appear to do this with ill intent.

It’s Friendly and Easily Gets Lonely, but Make Sure Not to Play With It Too Much
Greavard has such a friendly and affectionate personality that paying it even the slightest bit of attention will make it so overjoyed that it will follow you wherever you go. Of all the Pokémon residing in the Paldea region, it is known to be especially easy to befriend.
However, Greavard will slowly and inadvertently absorb the life-force of those around it, so it’s best not to play with it too much.

Hmm. Only 1 regular ability? That suggests to me it might be getting a unique ability on evolution. Maybe no HA. No real hint if it learns any unique moves. Maybe we'll get a ghost-type biting move?
Cute enough, though I kind of thought they'd go in a more boney direction with this concept. The candle kind of looks like a bone I guess.

Just thought you should be reminded who's helping with the music.

Enjoy your Annoying Dog.
I didn't even know this was an Undertale song.
My video game culture suuuuucked.
or the people who know about paradoxes and cannot shut up about them in public spaces EVERY SINGLE TRAILER

i still remember the sheer number of people who thought Ceruledge & Armorouge were Paradox Gallade because people kept going "oh paradoxes for sure" and faux-leakers going "paradoxes will be revealed this time, sources say" and everyone who knew just had to politely go through tight teeth "No, those aren't them."
paradox gallade.jpg

Ghost puppy is perfectly appropriate for halloween, for terrible joke, and oh god it's adorable I want it.
*insert JoJo reference here*

Hmm. Only 1 regular ability? That suggests to me it might be getting a unique ability on evolution. Maybe no HA. No real hint if it learns any unique moves. Maybe we'll get a ghost-type biting move?
Cute enough, though I kind of thought they'd go in a more boney direction with this concept. The candle kind of looks like a bone I guess.
Eh, so far for pokemon that are meant to have a unique ability, they had it right away and not as HA, so I wouldn't expect that to be the case.

I wouldn't exclude the evo to have a unique HA, but I think it's more likely that the "unique" thing is the signature move. I supposed in the other thread that it's a draining ghost type move.

I like Greavard, but I really hope it's not the evolved form of the line. They have had this unfortunate habit lately of making fully evolved Pokemon look like pre-evolutions. Grafaiai is the biggest culprit here, and to a lesser extent Bellibolt. The Makio.it Pokedex page lists it as a pre-evolution, but I want to hear from CentroLeaks that this is the case.

I like Greavard, but I really hope it's not the evolved form of the line. They have had this unfortunate habit lately of making fully evolved Pokemon look like pre-evolutions. Grafaiai is the biggest culprit here, and to a lesser extent Bellibolt. The Makio.it Pokedex page lists it as a pre-evolution, but I want to hear from CentroLeaks that this is the case.
You may as well just hear it from the primary source.

Khu posted a last paradox fact mentioning that they all keep an original type as suspected.

From the code cracking server, khu said the reveal will be "MZG" which could apparently be 墓烛狗 for grave candle dog. This happened 4 hours ago and the 4chan post happened about 3 hours ago.
Also he posted a dead dog with a litwick on its head in August.
The 4chan trailer leaker has been dropping some English names, though, for several trailers now, which is why people are on the lookout for the posts. I saw the post in question on the code cracking server. Turns out they did indeed spot the legit post.

As for Greavard, I like the "don't play with it too long or it drains your life force" schtick, but otherwise not interested. Pure ghost, not a dog breed I find particularly cute. I guess the evo could pull a boltund and switch breeds, but I'm expecting "St. Bernard that leads people to afterlife" more than "adorably derpy ghost malamute samoyed"

(edit: I keep confusing malamutes with samoyeds. They're related I think, but samoyeds are pure white)

Last edited:
Back