SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Skimmed through the thread yesterday. The discussion, doomposting about the Ice/Dragon pseudo-legendary following a specialization pattern, thus having the biggest HP was amusing enough for me to roll with it just for fun. I will explain in details.

HP: 125
Attack: 98
Defense: 115
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 52

125 is the bare minimum biggest stat for a pseudo so far when it comes to specialization in a stat, I didn't feel like going beyond that for HP.
98.5 is the avarage for the worse attacking stat for the pseudos. Though mainly Garchomp is the one that kills the avarage of at least 100 with 80. The past 4-5 pseudos had at least 100, Hydreigon has 105. I have decided I rather have the Ice/Dragon as a Special Attacker.
I gave it high Defense with 115, cause when it comes to Ice-types, "Close Combat fodder" is what comes to my mind. Take at least 1.
110 is the bare minimum better attacking stat for the pseudos.
Considering the weaknesses, the typing is more vulnerable on the physical side, thus the Special Defense is "only 100".
Speed... This is where I'm struggling. 60 is the slowest so far for a pseudo, but I don't want to take away from the other stats. Alternatively, reducing Attack and Special Defense could make it more speedy, but it's already a defensively built mon, so is there any need for it?

Abilities: Snow Warning for Hail team support + Aurora Veil or Ice Scales for eating up special hits for breakfast.
Hidden Ability: Multiscale. Some pseudos have the same ability, so there shouldn't be an issue that Dragonite already has this.
I though of some RNG bullshit as well, having an ability that has 10% of freezing the target if it makes a contact move, but not sure if it would worth it in the long run. Guts users already would have a way of completely preventing it.

Having said all of this, the best would be still a fast and hard hitter Ice/Dragon, playing off to Ice's offensive strengths.
you just made kyurem again

you just made kyurem again
Only the HP is the same, but it had to be the same. Kyurem has the luxury of 660BST, so it has way better Speed and threatening offensive stats to boot.
The Ice/Dragon pseudo on the other hand is tailored for obvious defensive roles rather than for Pressure stalling. In that regard, it's bulkier than Kyurem and could be way more annoying.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Seems like once the chest form collects 1000 coins it will evolve? Not sure what else could represent it starting to glow. The name is cute too. Gimmighoul kinda sounds like "gimme gold" and the "ghoul" part indicates the possible Ghost typing. Really wanna learn more abt this lil critter.

My guess is that you feed the chest form coins and after a point it'll evolve into a golden humanoid. Hopefully the evolution makes collecting the coins worthwhile. If it's Ghost/Steel with a Melmetal-esque stat spread (apparently it's gonna get a pretty good signature move!) then it'll be pretty good. Bonus points if the evolved form's name is G(r)abaghoul.

Skimmed through the thread yesterday. The discussion, doomposting about the Ice/Dragon pseudo-legendary following a specialization pattern, thus having the biggest HP was amusing enough for me to roll with it just for fun. I will explain in details.

HP: 125
Attack: 98
Defense: 115
Special Attack: 110
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 52

125 is the bare minimum biggest stat for a pseudo so far when it comes to specialization in a stat, I didn't feel like going beyond that for HP.
98.5 is the avarage for the worse attacking stat for the pseudos. Though mainly Garchomp is the one that kills the avarage of at least 100 with 80. The past 4-5 pseudos had at least 100, Hydreigon has 105. I have decided I rather have the Ice/Dragon as a Special Attacker.
I gave it high Defense with 115, cause when it comes to Ice-types, "Close Combat fodder" is what comes to my mind. Take at least 1.
110 is the bare minimum better attacking stat for the pseudos.
Considering the weaknesses, the typing is more vulnerable on the physical side, thus the Special Defense is "only 100".
Speed... This is where I'm struggling. 60 is the slowest so far for a pseudo, but I don't want to take away from the other stats. Alternatively, reducing Attack and Special Defense could make it more speedy, but it's already a defensively built mon, so is there any need for it?

Abilities: Snow Warning for Hail team support + Aurora Veil or Ice Scales for eating up special hits for breakfast.
Hidden Ability: Multiscale. Some pseudos have the same ability, so there shouldn't be an issue that Dragonite already has this.
I though of some RNG bullshit as well, having an ability that has 10% of freezing the target if it makes a contact move, but not sure if it would worth it in the long run. Guts users already would have a way of completely preventing it.

Having said all of this, the best would be still a fast and hard hitter Ice/Dragon, playing off to Ice's offensive strengths.
Ice Scales. Give the new Ice/dragon the most obvious ability, HP being 125 and SpD being what like 80 and you have yourself a special wall :P

Ice Scales. Give the new Ice/dragon the most obvious ability, HP being 125 and SpD being what like 80 and you have yourself a special wall :P
For balancing reasons, it definitely won’t get effectively 125/209 Special Bulk. Even if it’s part Ice and Terastallizing didn’t exist. That is absolutely busted with 395 BST to spare as well.

They could have also let regional forms be a surprise but they didn't. Paradox Pokémon seem to be in the same vein, being based off pre-existing Pokémon.
Note that its officially less than 2 weeks out and most of the mons this gen has been single stages, even the starters. With the open world nature of the game, they probably want to encourage discovery. its highly likely these paradoxes are tied to an unseen plot, and their existence were only meant to be teased at in a final trailer...only to be ruined by leakers month in advance.

the thing w regional forms is you get info about them 4 seconds after opening the game and can catch two asap (meowth and rattata). korai and mirai being paradox forms of cyclizar seem to be hidden (youre hinted at that they're connected, but not how), and the rest seem to be more late game bosses

honestly the actual dream is having a pokemon game with no trailers, but I'll cope and seethe about it by myself. this is good enough

Anyone else think it's just wild that they haven't officially revealed paradox Pokémon? I feel like that's something big enough to warrant announcement at least a month before release.
It’s weird how they haven’t revealed the psuedo or starter evolutions yet either. Or really most things in the game tbh. We learned a lot more about the game officially by now for SM than SV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)