SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I like how Paradox Misdreavus has the same stat spread as Mismagius, just made more extreme. It has more special bulk than dusknoir, but more special Attack than that has Attack and a lot more speed to be actually threatening. Maybe Pain Split eacaped the recovery move nerf and allows you to stay healthy for a whole lot longer than things that wall you.

do we know anything about how items work in the overworld? do they respawn? one of the nice things about SWSH was that gathering resources for various things was so easy (for the most part) how are berries collected? (I didn't watch too much of the stream lol so i am not entirely sure of the OW stuff)
Just vaguely playing around and watching others do the same, looks like items kinda-respawn like they do in the wild area in SwSh.

View attachment 464296
ITS FUCKING OVER
WE LOST
You guys are over reacting. Did you just forget about Tinkaton getting a 160 BP move with very small drawbacks?
Mawile given 75 Atk, Iron Head given 160 BP, Adaptability to represent Tera Steel STAB

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 322-380 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 382-451 (94.5 - 111.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

It’s almost as strong as Dracovish, just that it can’t spam Gigaton Hammer and has far better defensive typing and Speed. GameFreak can’t go a Generation since Gen 6 without making a Fairy/Steel type that destroys the Meta.

You guys are over reacting. Did you just forget about Tinkaton getting a 160 BP move with very small drawbacks?
Mawile given 75 Atk, Iron Head given 160 BP, Adaptability to represent Tera Steel STAB

252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 322-380 (79.7 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Strong Jaw Dracovish Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mew: 382-451 (94.5 - 111.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

It’s almost as strong as Dracovish, just that it can’t spam Gigaton Hammer and has far better defensive typing and Speed. GameFreak can’t go a Generation since Gen 6 without making a Fairy/Steel type that destroys the Meta.
Eh I don't know.
I think people overreact in the negative sense, but I also think it's a bit overstating that this will be metabreaking. In singles at least.

Committing your terastal to this thing which has the problem of not being able to use its nuclear skill every other turn seems like a bad plan in first place, and it's also pretty predictable in the fact that the opponent will know that (tera or not tera) after you used the big nuke you can't the next turn, so it's almost as bad (albeith not quite) as Slaking.

However, I do agree with the guy who (somewhere, i dont remind if in this thread or the VGC one) said that it actually has a lot of potential for VGC. Good supportive moveset, insane typing, solid bulk, high stat, and the nuclear stab option on top of it.

I'd just rather have the consistency and be able to hit hard with both STABs and not be forced to change moves.

And just to upset some more people I'll say I'm still holding out for a special item to be added in the day 1 patch since there were a lot of missing items in that new items list.

In fact I'll probably still hold onto hope until I hear it straight from Serebii that it can't be caught holding su an item like Cubone can be caught with Thick Club lol

I'd just rather have the consistency and be able to hit hard with both STABs and not be forced to change moves.

And just to upset some more people I'll say I'm still holding out for a special item to be added in the day 1 patch since there were a lot of missing items in that new items list.
I would give up hope lol - the reason for its stats being subpar is because of the hammer move being insane without a proper drawback, sure you can't spam it, but you can protect in between turns or even switch out. GF "balance" their mons by giving them really good offensive stats (ghost horse) but only giving them like 2 tools to work with (shadow ball + dark pulse) (although sometimes they just go all out and make the Mon + its stats + tools incredibly broken but I digress)

It's the same here but reversed, it gets a very good movepool just from its level up moves and an insane typing with a destructive spammy move, but its stats can't reflect a true 3 stage mon because otherwise it would be stupidly broken to give it like a 510+ bst and then give it those tools as well.

I would give up hope lol - the reason for its stats being subpar is because of the hammer move being insane without a proper drawback, sure you can't spam it, but you can protect in between turns or even switch out. GF "balance" their mons by giving them really good offensive stats (ghost horse) but only giving them like 2 tools to work with (shadow ball + dark pulse) (although sometimes they just go all out and make the Mon + its stats + tools incredibly broken but I digress)

It's the same here but reversed, it gets a very good movepool just from its level up moves and an insane typing with a destructive spammy move, but its stats can't reflect a true 3 stage mon because otherwise it would be stupidly broken to give it like a 510+ bst and then give it those tools as well.
Well like you said sometimes they just make a Pokémon incredibly broken. For no real reason. I'm just hoping that also happens to Tinkaton. It'll probably be banned If so but that's fine with me. Is it primarily VGC player I just want it to be really good in that format and as it is I don't see that happening.

Well like you said sometimes they just make a Pokémon incredibly broken. For no real reason. I'm just hoping that also happens to Tinkaton. It'll probably be banned If so but that's fine with me. Is it primarily VGC player I just want it to be really good in that format and as it is I don't see that happening.
Actually, where it currently stands VGC is probably where it will shine. It still has an insane typing with a good supportive movepool (even before we see TMs/Egg Moves) It may not be top tier but I definitely wouldn't write it off

But that's the thing, it's likely going to be good in VGC as is.

As i said above, decent speed, solid bulk, great typing, gets fake out and knock off (potentially more supportive moves), and the nuclear stab.
If it gets any good other supportive move from egg / TMs, it'll be set for success, well, at very least until a dex expansion

On the other hand, Steel is a mediocre offensive type. Perrserker didn't have a 160 power move, but did have actual attack Stat + Steely Spirit, which was close enough. It was still PU despite that.
75 is just too low in practice, this Mon might end up in a higher Tier than the viking kitto due to godly typing, but certainly won't be good in OU. Sorry, Steel Waifu simps, but you gotta simp the grass starter instead.

So right now, Scald is exclusive to Volcanion, which is outclassed by Steam Eruption. RIP
And hopefully past gens Moves can't get transferred so Scald is totally forgotten forever. Fuck that move.

And hopefully past gens Moves can't get transferred so Scald is totally forgotten forever. Fuck that move.
Are you sure you really want to have another BDSP case of half of the roster demolished by lack of key moves?

I mean, it makes no difference for me as i only play cart formats, but I am somewhat confident most actual smogon players wouldn't exactly enjoy the fact Toxic and Knock Off would nearly disappear from the game.

He also gets the move that brings Snow + switches out with great speed. Finally some love for Delibird, even if its not truly him.
Sorry, a search for the "Reception" in Chilly Reception returns zero results in the level-up/evolution/Heart Scale list. The only weather-setting move Iron Bundle gets by level-up is Snowscape.

...so who the heck gets Chilly Reception since that's not a TM, either?

Clementine

one for the money, two for the show
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
UUPL Champion
Tinkaton isn't good and no 160 BP move can save it
Steel is very poor offensively and the calcs above show how weak it is, people calced Adamant CB Tera to come somewhat close to Dracovish's damage output, those two are definitely not comparable
Typing is very good but stats are below average, as fun and cool as this mon looks it's likely not gonna make waves in OU, but damn I hope I'm wrong

Actually, where it currently stands VGC is probably where it will shine. It still has an insane typing with a good supportive movepool (even before we see TMs/Egg Moves) It may not be top tier but I definitely wouldn't write it off
It'll probably have a niche but I don't think Fake Out and a a strong move you can only pick every other turn are that great when you're dealing pitiful damage the other turns. At that point, Gigaton Hammer is just a Steel-type Giga Impact.

Assuming a special item doesn't exist, we'll have to wait until we see it in action for a bit to really know but my hopes aren't high.

So I have two things I wonder about. One could Skeledirge do quite well for itself with the mixture of Torch Song/Will-o-Wisp and Hex. Could H-Goodra get Body Press and be really scary with Shell Armour and Shelter

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Are you sure you really want to have another BDSP case of half of the roster demolished by lack of key moves?

I mean, it makes no difference for me as i only play cart formats, but I am somewhat confident most actual smogon players wouldn't exactly enjoy the fact Toxic and Knock Off would nearly disappear from the game.
I would love that.
Movepools are too wide nowadays, and BDSP was a fun meta.

I do. Mons have gotten too wide of a movepool. Toxapex was fine in SM, but then got given Knock Off in USUM and became really annoying.
Heatran I consider a broken Mon. But without either Taunt or Toxic, he wouldn't be.
Kartana again was fine in SM but then it gained Knock and became annoying to switch into.
I want Lando to be totally walled by Lando (unless SD) too.

And many more examples. Yes, many people would disagree, but I really want a generational cut this Gen.

Everything learning Toxic means that good Mons are even better. But few Mons learning Toxic means more value for those specific few.

Tinkaton isn't good and no 160 BP move can save it
Steel is very poor offensively and the calcs above show how weak it is, people calced Adamant CB Tera to come somewhat close to Dracovish's damage output, those two are definitely not comparable
Typing is very good but stats are below average, as fun and cool as this mon looks it's likely not gonna make waves in OU, but damn I hope I'm wrong
agreed, forget terrak and dracovish, coming from 75 attack, that move is about as strong as machamp's close combat and basically nothing compared to stuff like tyrantrum's head smash which are lower tier mons. Besides, as many have mentioned, steel is resisted by water and steel which are some of singles' most annoying defensive types. With 75 attack coverage moves, you are not getting past resists at all

...so who the heck gets Chilly Reception since that's not a TM, either?
Stuff like this, as well as for example the fact that Flip Turn and couple other gen 8 moves are in the data yet have 0 or less than 3 total learners makes me think there may be a ""tutor"" somewhere for them, kinda like Draco Meteor for example usually had its own dedicated tutor.

As for the steelfairy loli, idk personally I can just see it have fake out, hammer, X, steel beam, and maybe it have eject button, and you have an actually usable annoyance. People did this with other fake outers, i can see this happening.

Ofc it can also just be shit, and in that case amen.

On the other hand, Steel is a mediocre offensive type. Perrserker didn't have a 160 power move, but did have actual attack Stat + Steely Spirit, which was close enough. It was still PU despite that.
75 is just too low in practice, this Mon might end up in a higher Tier than the viking kitto due to godly typing, but certainly won't be good in OU. Sorry, Steel Waifu simps, but you gotta simp the grass starter instead.
Before we scream OU viability for a mon, we should remember that it wont just deal with gen 8 OU stuff but also all the insanity that will be released in gen 9 alongside it.
I would be surprised if Tink got into OU, even with an item, because the mythical quatuor and the paradoxes are a thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)