SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Idk if anything else updated besides the "unknown moves" sections but:
  • Slowbro - Future Sight
  • Slowking - Future Sight, Chilly Reception
  • Galarian Slowking - Toxic, Future Sight, Chilly Reception
  • Zangoose - Double Kick, Disable, Counter, Fury Swipes, Curse, Flail, Belly Drum, Feint, Night Slash, Double Hit, Quick Guard, Final Gambit
  • Meowscarada - Double Team, Trick
  • Skeledirge - Sing
  • Quaquaval - Counter
  • Rabsca - Safeguard, Psyche Up
  • Roaring Moon - Jaw Lock, Breaking Swipe, Scale Shot
  • Ceruledge - Night Slash, Shadow Sneak, Quick Guard, Solar Blade

Is there a list of Paldea dex numbers? Also do we know how many mons are in there? I know there's a spritesheet, but it's in "national dex" number. I'm curious about Quagsire and Perrserker being part of the Paldean dex.

Zamazenta despite getting Body Press is still overall worse because Dauntless Shield was nerfed Zacian is a trust fund baby who cried about her brother not being nerfed when she got nerfed. Well technically Zamazenta is also a trust fund baby too. Rothschild means Red Shield.
Zamazenta now only has 120 Atk and Crown for has 140 Def/SpD as well. Not to mention that there is so much powercreep that it could hardly be considered a problem now.

Also, just realized that since Hail is now Snow and can't do direct damage, we dodged a bullet by not having Shedinja in the game to Terastallize into a Steel type.

Is there a list of Paldea dex numbers? Also do we know how many mons are in there? I know there's a spritesheet, but it's in "national dex" number. I'm curious about Quagsire and Perrserker being part of the Paldean dex.
I can do Paldea dex numbers, just give me like 10 minutes - currently extracting the item names so I can confirm that they haven't added any new TMs.

I can do Paldea dex numbers, just give me like 10 minutes - currently extracting the item names so I can confirm that they haven't added any new TMs.
By any chance do we have the full item list available? (I assumed you meant you were extracting just tms but ignore me if you meant items overall)

All changes in the 1.0.1 files

Dugtrio : + Scary Face
Arcanine: + Charm
Slowbro: + "Unknown moves: future sight"
Slowking + "Unknown moves: future sight, chilly reception"
Slowking-G + Waterfall, + "Unknown moves: Toxic, future sight, chilly reception"
Donphan: + Mud-slap, + mud shot
Blissey: + electric terrain
tyranitar: + aerial ace, + mud shot
Cacturne: + dig
Zangoose: + "Unknown Moves: Double Kick, Disable, Counter, Fury Swipes, Curse, Flail, Belly Drum, Feint, Night Slash, Double Hit, Quick Guard, Final Gambit"
Gabite: + False swipe
Basculin-2: + evolution Basculegion
Chesnaught: + Helping Hand
Talonflame: + Rain dance
Florges: + Chilling water
Coalossal: + Overheat
Perrserker: + Heling Hand, + Fake Tears, + X-Scissor, + Stealth Rock
Dragapult: + Sunny Day
Meowscarada: + "Unknown moves: double team, trick"
Skeledirge: + "Unknown moves: sing"
Quaquaval: + low kick, + "unknown moves: counter"
Dudunsparce: + Shadow Ball
Rabsca: + "Unknown moves: safeguard, psych up"
Baxcalibur: + Iron Head
All past paradoxes except great tusk: + "unknown moves: sunny day"
Roaring moon: + "unknown moves: sunny day, jaw lock, breaking swipe, scale shot"
iron moth, hands, thorns, bundle, valiant: + "unknown moves: electric terrain"
Ting-lu: -10 HP (165 -> 155)
Chien-Pao: -10 Attack (130 -> 120)
Wo-Chien: -5 attack (90-> 85) , -5 spattack (100 -> 95)
Chi-Yu: -10 spattack (145 -> 135)
Ceruledge: + "unknown moves: night slash, shadow sneak, quick guard, solar blade"

All 4 of the sub legends lost 10 points to their BSTs:

Ting-Lu - 165/110/130/50/80/45 (Total: 580) (1.0)
Ting-Lu - 155/110/125/55/80/45 (Total: 570) (1.0.1)

Chien-Pao - 80/130/80/90/65/135 (Total: 580) (1.0)
Chien-Pao - 80/120/80/90/65/135 (Total: 570) (1.0.1)

Wo-Chien - 85/90/100/100/135/70 (Total: 580) (1.0)
Wo-Chien - 85/85/100/95/135/70 (Total: 570) (1.0.1)

Chi-Yu - 55/80/80/145/120/100 (Total: 580) (1.0)
Chi-Yu - 55/80/80/135/120/100 (Total: 570) (1.0.1)

Chien-Pao is still busted, even if it's just 120 Atk instead of 130. The STABs, coverage, and ability are still intact. I give it 2 weeks max in OU.
I call Weavile bias! :totodiLUL:
At first I though Chien-Pao was just better Weavile with Intimidate. Then I read its ability's description and discovered it was busted Weavile with more or less better intrepid sword (since it can activate multiple times).

stone edge is an underrated buff to zamazenta. that's way, way better than having to deal with thunder and ice fang like it used to.
Wild charge is probably still better than Stone Edge to hit Toxapex and it may still need Ice Fang for Landorus.
Zamazenta despite getting Body Press is still overall worse because Dauntless Shield was nerfed Zacian is a trust fund baby who cried about her brother not being nerfed when she got nerfed. Well technically Zamazenta is also a trust fund baby too. Rothschild means Red Shield.
Zamazenta now only has 120 Atk and Crown for has 140 Def/SpD as well. Not to mention that there is so much powercreep that it could hardly be considered a problem now.

Also, just realized that since Hail is now Snow and can't do direct damage, we dodged a bullet by not having Shedinja in the game to Terastallize into a Steel type.
Yeah, idk why they nerfed it when it was already considered one of the worst legendaries and in two relevant stats no less! They could have just nerfed its Special Attack.

The main reason Body Press is still good on it is that it makes setup sets better. You don't need to deal with Howl's crappy +1 Attack raise and can go for Iron Defense to increase your bulk (making it easier to set up) and offenses at the same time and unlike other Body Pressers, Zamma has the benefits of both the Steel- and Fighting- type, giving it the ability to set up the move and increased damage. Still sucks that its Body Press will barely be stronger than Kommo-O's now, but eh, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

EDIT: Wait, Zamazenta's attack also was lowered? I thought only its defenses were lowered to 135 before?

Wild charge is probably still better than Stone Edge to hit Toxapex and it may still need Ice Fang for Landorus.

Yeah, idk why they nerfed it when it was already considered one of the worst legendaries and in two relevant stats no less! They could have just nerfed its Special Attack.

The main reason Body Press is still good on it is that it makes setup sets better. You don't need to deal with Howl's crappy +1 Attack raise and can go for Iron Defense to increase your bulk (making it easier to set up) and offenses at the same time and unlike other Body Pressers, Zamma has the benefits of both the Steel- and Fighting- type, giving it the ability to set up the move and increased damage. Still sucks that its Body Press will barely be stronger than Kommo-O's now, but eh, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

EDIT: Wait, Zamazenta's attack also was lowered? I thought only its defenses were lowered to 135 before?
nope: lost 10 attack and 5 to both defenses on both pastes

So it has Iron Defense and the fastest / strongest Body Press in the game.

+3 0 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 178-210 (44 - 51.9%)

+3 252 Def Zamazenta Body Press vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 213-252 (52.7 - 62.3%)

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 313-370 (77.4 - 91.5%)

+3 252 Atk Zacian Behemoth Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 280-330 (69.3 - 81.6%)

Keep in mind this is one of the bulkiest Pokemon ever. It's definitely not worse overall, now it actually has some reasons to be used at all outside of defensive glue. Iron Defense looks frightening on it now that it gets Body Press. After an Iron Defense it has 790 def even with no investment lol. Zamazenta should still end up much more viable than it ever was before.

That just means that the method isn't something that's existed in the games before - there are several new Gen 9 Pokemon that have an unknown evolution method as well. Considering that several of the other Hisuian mons such as Growlithe or Sneasel have evolution methods that we actually do know, that's very likely not the case.
Basculin-H specifically was changed to evolve into an invalid index number instead of Basculegion, and Basculegion specifically has egg moves defined (unlike any other evolved Pokemon), so I think there's a bit more credence to it being an outlier.
If nothing else, there's no parameters defined.
This means even if the method was some variation on an existing one they don't evolve by Move, Item, Type, Location, etc.
Contrast with... Girafarig & Dunsparce
Girafarig just uses the same method Bonsly does; it just needs the move (Twin Beam) and it defines the move in the parameter
Dunsparce has 2 unknown methods, but both define an index that lines up with Hyper Drill in the parameter. So it's likely that in this instance it's also a move evolution with some extra step and it gets 2 methods to account for if it becomes 2 or 3 segments. But it's still defined by move.

So even if you breed Psyshield Bash to Stantler, it is not evolving. And even if the items were in they wouldn't work either.

If the method actually works it has to be something else entirely and they all evolve in the same exact fashion (& then I just ask Gamefreak why this roundabout....)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)