SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

I'm more and more convinced that deliberately sandbagging certain stats is going to be a thing with Paradox mons. Of the ones that look viable and reasonably fast, it's only Iron Moth and Roaring Moon that can get their offensive stat boosted while running +Speed natures with max investment; Iron Valiant, Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane all have to run +attack or +special attack natures in order to get the boost on their offensive stat instead of speed, and this is particularly a problem for Iron Bundle because it loses its ability to speed creep and OHKO Miraidon without being Scarfed.

The CSV paste has been edited for some small changes. I've removed SoundFlag and DefrostFlag for now, at least until the correct fields are found, renamed some fields, and added TurnMax and TurnMin.

EDIT: Sorry, I mean HitMax and HitMin. Unsure where TurnMax and TurnMin are.

If you sort the records in descending order, the SoundFlag field is only active for punching moves.

Of the new moves this gen - Headlong Rush, Rage Fist, and Jet Punch are all boosted by Iron Fist.

Attachments

I'm more and more convinced that deliberately sandbagging certain stats is going to be a thing with Paradox mons. Of the ones that look viable and reasonably fast, it's only Iron Moth and Roaring Moon that can get their offensive stat boosted while running +Speed natures with max investment; Iron Valiant, Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane all have to run +attack or +special attack natures in order to get the boost on their offensive stat instead of speed, and this is particularly a problem for Iron Bundle because it loses its ability to speed creep and OHKO Miraidon without being Scarfed.
I'm still on the "most proficient stat means the stat the nature boosts and not the highest stat" copium myself just so we won't have to deal with any Timid Kartana nonsense with the Paradox. I think its been confirmed that Beast Boost now also uses the "most proficient" wording even though it just said "highest stat" before so who knows maybe both were reworked.

Cress hasn't actually been a problem in VGC, in fact it has seen almost 0 play in last few formats, because there's better options if you want a insanely bulky TR setter that isnt weak to Incineroar.

The only reason Cress got nerfs is cause she got a very strong new signature move that now, combined with being insanely bulky AND the ability to Terastalyze, would probably actually push it over the top.

Consider them "preemptive nerfs".
Oh ok so that still wouldn't justify a Darkrai nerf (except if it gets some broken move in the future too)

I'm still on the "most proficient stat means the stat the nature boosts and not the highest stat" copium myself just so we won't have to deal with any Timid Kartana nonsense with the Paradox. I think its been confirmed that Beast Boost now also uses the "most proficient" wording even though it just said "highest stat" before so who knows maybe both were reworked.
i think they changed it to "most proficient" to remove confusion over if it's based off base stats or the highest actual stat. so basically entirely to enable and explain timid kart nonsense lol
edit: nvm i guess it always said "most proficient"

Last edited:
I checked in both a Gen 7 and Gen 8 game, and Beast Boost has always used the “most proficient stat” wording.

outstanding questions:
Can Tidy Up be spinblocked?
Does Mortal Spin remove hazards in addition to poisoning and does it poison steel types with Corrosion?
Can the Glaive Rush defence nerf be avoided with protect?
What does Good as Gold block? Sounds like magic bounce without the bouncing as it's worded.

Thank you so much slp32 for your continued work!

how the fuck is headlong rush a punch move lmao. The japanese name is the same, and the description is just a big tackle
To quote myself earlier this year:
  • Headlong Rush is, for whatever reason, based on Power-Up Punch - Not only do both use EffectSequence 374, but Headlong Rush also kept the punching move flag! This is all so bizarre, since Headlong Rush ended up with a very different effect than Power-Up Punch, and could just have been lumped together with Close Combat instead. Makes me think that Headlong Rush started out as a very different move at first.
In short, GF forgot to remove the flag during development of PLA, and forgot it again for SV. :mehowth:

That was god awful to work through, but I've fixed all the flags that I could.
The following flags from pkNX currently aren't labelled:
Code:
Flag_MakesContact
Flag_Charge
Flag_Protect
Flag_Snatch
Flag_Mirror
Flag_DistanceTriple
Flag_FailSkyBattle
Flag_AnimateAlly
Flag_Metronome
Also, due to some earlier fields now going unlabelled because of these changes, it's possible that the SlciingFlag and WindFlag are actually earlier, and not Field54 and Field55.

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Just a general trend I noticed about the moves from the csv file:
Moves that last more than 1 turn (Outrage, Rollout, Petal Dance, Thrash) has set 6 value 1
Charging Moves (Fly, Dig) has set 3 and 6 value 1
Moves that call other moves (Sleep Talk, Assist, Metronome) has set 1, 3, 4, 5, and 6 value 1
Transform has set 1,4,5,6 value 1
Struggle has all set values 1
Moves that can fail after consecutive uses (Protect, Detect, Destiny Bond) has set 4 value 1
Moves that cannot be called by other moves Assist have set 4 value 1 (probably the Assist Flag)

Uproar, which is a continuous move, also has the set 3 value 1

no idea what any of this means

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)