SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Damn, either today is not my day for remembering stuff or I really need to brush up on my battle knowledge!

But that just makes me ask "Why weren't they the same base power to begin with?"
Glacial Lance is a physical move. So, it makes sense why it's stronger than Astral Barrage, which is a special move. After all, since GF mainly focuses on VGC, Intimidate is a common ability that interacts with a Pokémon's Atk stat. This also explains why Precipice Blade is stronger than Origin Pulse.
That said, I guess GF deemed Glacial Lance to be more potentially unhealthy than Astral Barrage... I guess they might be thinking the high presence of Dark Pokémon will likely keep Calyrex-Shadow-Rider at bay. Will see if that holds true; I doubt it.

View attachment 464743
Chessking345 in the om discord noticed that every healing move but strength sap appear with a fixed PP value, meanwhile every other move has a base value and a pp max value.
Do we know for sure if PP Up works on them?
Oops, this was 100% an error on my end and not part of the game - I was the one who added the PP up values manually!
Sorry about that! There is no reason to believe these moves are an exception; I must just have made an error.

Edit: haha, yeah, it was just because of my workflow - moves with the new heal flag were the last ones I had filtered out when organizing the flags because it was the rightmost flag, so I seemingly skipped over them for a couple of organizational steps towards the end. Really sorry for confusing you guys @.@ that was not significant it was just me being an idiot

Glacial Lance is a physical move. So, it makes sense why it's stronger than Astral Barrage, which is a special move. After all, since GF mainly focuses on VGC, Intimidate is a common ability that interacts with a Pokémon's Atk stat. This also explains why Precipice Blade is stronger than Origin Pulse.
That said, I guess GF deemed Glacial Lance to be more potentially unhealthy than Astral Barrage... I guess they might be thinking the high presence of Dark Pokémon will likely keep Calyrex-Shadow-Rider at bay. Will see if that holds true; I doubt it.
Origin Pulse is more because it's boosted by weather whereas Precipice Blades is not, and I think Glacial Lance was to offset lower speed. They haven't done any other move asymmetries like this since gen 7 started.

Field 53 and 54 and Slicing and Wind respectively. Field 55 is HP recovery.
Isn't there already a Heal flag? What use is there for a Recovery flag? Is this for moves like Aqua Ring?
View attachment 464743
Chessking345 in the om discord noticed that every healing move but strength sap appear with a fixed PP value, meanwhile every other move has a base value and a pp max value.
Do we know for sure if PP Up works on them?
Now I suspect Field 55 are moves that can't increase the PP?

This is kind of a longshot ask but since this is the data dork threads I'll try anyway.

Does anyone have a compressed list of the HOME TM/TR/Tutor leaks for non-SWSH mons that features ONLY the moves unique to that list? So basically nothing the mon had ever learned by any method before. I'm trying to compare that to the TM learnlist in SWSH to find any possible gains or losses from that list. This is what I have so far but I have a feeling my query is missing some things:

Medicham Aura Sphere
Rattata Beat Up
Medicham Blaze Kick
Forretress Body Press
Feraligatr Breaking Swipe
Raticate-Alola Burning Jealousy
Raticate Close Combat
Primeape Coaching
Gulpin Corrosive Gas
Beedrill Cross Poison
Beedrill Dual Wingbeat
Drowzee Expanding Force
Slugma Fire Spin
Seel Flip Turn
Paras Grassy Glide
Magcargo Heat Crash
Graveler High Horsepower
Dewgong Hydro Pump
Rattata-Alola Lash Out
Golem Meteor Beam
Grimer Mud Shot
Feraligatr Muddy Water
Typhlosion Mystical Fire
Chikorita Pollen Puff
Misdreavus Poltergeist
Raticate Psychic Fangs
Geodude-Alola Rising Voltage
Ekans Scale Shot
Geodude Scorching Sands
Beedrill Screech
Weedle Skitter Smack
Weepinbell Solar Blade
Forretress Steel Beam
Geodude Steel Roller
Meditite Stored Power
Sentret Tail Slap
Arceus Terrain Pulse
Dewgong Triple Axel
Arbok Venom Drench

I can already tell Jumpluff Pollen Puff is one of the missing ones (and it gets it in SV!) but I'm not sure how to alter my query

EDIT: Did a separate query that gave me 902 lines which SEEMS like too many but that is accounting for the fact that there's a bunch of SWSH-unique moves. Will return later with my results

EDIT2: If anyone has a plaintext list of the mons visible in the files it would be a HUGE help

Last edited:
Oh boi i had this yesterday, but after like 10 attempts our poke DID go and kill the other one...

Good thing it's on a hacked switch so it wouldnt have been transferable to normal games anyway I guess COPIUM

Edit: actually... weren't shinies supposed to actually show shiny in the overworld? Did that change? Or is it cause the pokes in question (igglybuff there, a ghastly in our case) has almost same coloring of normal so we just didn't notice?

Well both are a Duo and they nerfed Zamazenta with the same BST drop as Zacian and both their abilities got nerfed too. Would be uncharacteristic of them to nerf Cresselia’s BST and not Darkrai’s.
That would good only if Darkrai isn't considered a mythical anymore.
But Keldeo is also a mythical but its stats are the same as the Sword of Justice

Oh boi i had this yesterday, but after like 10 attempts our poke DID go and kill the other one...

Good thing it's on a hacked switch so it wouldnt have been transferable to normal games anyway I guess COPIUM

Edit: actually... weren't shinies supposed to actually show shiny in the overworld? Did that change? Or is it cause the pokes in question (igglybuff there, a ghastly in our case) has almost same coloring of normal so we just didn't notice?
The shinies show in the overworld but they don’t make a noise.
At least in that initial stream that’s what I saw, it was Azurill go it was super obvious.

Origin Pulse is more because it's boosted by weather whereas Precipice Blades is not, and I think Glacial Lance was to offset lower speed. They haven't done any other move asymmetries like this since gen 7 started.
Trick Room is a thing in VGC, and Calyrex-Ice-Rider is made with that archetype in mind, I would argue.
Origin Pulse is a fair point but it could be that ,from GF's perspective, if you factor in Delta Stream from Rayquaza, then Precipice Blade would be stronger in that regard. Either way, that would be a move asymmetry since gen 6 as far as signature moves from box legendaries are concerned. Unless you were talking more in the general sense, in which case we would have a move asymmetry even earlier than gen 6 or 7. See Flare Blitz vs Fire Blast or Shadow Ball vs Energy Ball (same effect but different damage output), for instance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)