SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Tauros actually does have two version exclusive forms, I'm still formatting the lists but I'll post them soon.
Well that's one of them then (lot of people speculated fire and water forms are exclusive to each version).
I'd not be surprised if the others are also forms...

Plus there's this irking thing I have with the fact Koraidon sets sun but there is no rain countepart...
(same for the elec terrain thing)
I feel like they would have made the box legends terrain or weather counterparts if that were the intention, and the whole point is to let people use them together effectively. But we're also getting fusion legendaries as super special DLC paradox mons. They're based on legendaries, have attributes of multiple of them and are being held back as DLC content, so I hope they're a step up in power from the other Paradox mons and not just ~580 with the same ability.

If we're going with patterns, it would make sense for Suicune and Virizion to get rain and grassy terrain. But I feel like it'll be some sort of weird curveball.

I feel like they would have made the box legends terrain or weather counterparts if that were the intention, and the whole point is to let people use them together effectively. But we're also getting fusion legendaries as super special DLC paradox mons. They're based on legendaries, have attributes of multiple of them and are being held back as DLC content, so I hope they're a step up in power from the other Paradox mons and not just ~580 with the same ability.
Yes but it just doesn't click to me.
They've always had a "opposite" pairing in some way with the legendary and/or "legendary" mechanics.
Or when it's not "opposite", it's still some kind of rock paper scissor like with the typings of the trios.
Even the other legendaries of SV, the ruin things, have this whole theme with each of them reducing a different stat (other than speed)

While "thematically" Koraidon and Miraidon are opposite (future/past), there's actually no interaction between their respective condition, and in fact both can coexist.
While the coexistance thing is very likely intentional, I can't but wonder if the "third legendary" will act as anthitesis to their condition, either replacing or negating their fields (like Rayquaza does).

Idk maybe it's just me executing another "Pokemon fans and not trying to find patterns - challenge impossible" case...

In terms of overlooked mons, I think more people should be talking about Bombirdier. It’s not OU material, but its typing and good enough stat distribution complement its absolutely amazing ability and movepool. Shame it only has 4 move slots, so it can’t run all 3 of its stabs, roost and u turn.

Mmm, do we know if regional variants breeding has changed? Previously, breeding, say, a regular Farfetch'd in Galar would give you the Galarian one unless the regular was holding an everstone, while breeding, say, an Alolan Vulpix outside Alola would give you a regular Vulpix. But this time around, we have 3 Paldean Tauros AND regular Tauros around, from what I've gathered (and of course the regular Wooper and Galarian Meowth that you get by trading). So, could somebody experiment a bit to see what hatches out of the eggs?

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'd be surprised if they did that, since they are not considered forms or transformations but distinct, independent pokemon, and those have never been stuck in just one generation.
Maybe so. I feel like the closest comparison is the Ultra Beasts, being very distinctly tied to the concept of one region but still available in later games. Still, they stretch the concept of Pokémon quite far, so they may not be very high on the priority list for Pokémon to feature in games going forward.

Maybe so. I feel like the closest comparison is the Ultra Beasts, being very distinctly tied to the concept of one region but still available in later games. Still, they stretch the concept of Pokémon quite far, so they may not be very high on the priority list for Pokémon to feature in games going forward.
Tbh, it may get to a point where giving a consistent way to get all the "non breedable" will be too much.
It's already got kinda obnoxious, gen 8 had dynamax adventures but that still took ages to get all of the various legendaries, and gen 7 ultrarifts kinda stopped being fun after 5 minutes.

In terms of overlooked mons, I think more people should be talking about Bombirdier. It’s not OU material, but its typing and good enough stat distribution complement its absolutely amazing ability and movepool. Shame it only has 4 move slots, so it can’t run all 3 of its stabs, roost and u turn.
also has parting shot if you want to use that instead, maybe a decent scarf user at least

The concept of Mega evolution isn't a one size fits all mechanic, since every Mega evolution is entirely different.

You have shit like Mega Metagross or Salamence which is way too strong

You have shit like Mega Audino, which, exists

And then you have shit like Mega Garchomp, which had its stats power-budgeted to be less appealing than its base form.
They should have limited mega stat boost to 640bst for non-box-legendary pokemon.
They can also nerf the broken megas like Gengar, Blaziken (spd boost to tough claws), Salamence (spd 90, def 100)

Hi, i'm new here but have some time stalking in the shadow, nice to being pat of the most famous pokemon community.

Have a little question from the new Paldean Tauros with the move 'Raging Bull', anyone know what is the type of the move when attack for example the Tauros fighting/water was water or fighting?

thanks u all, can't wait for friday.

Last edited:
Huh, the encounter tables have a configurable mass outbreak chance "outbreakLotvalue", but it's just set to 10% for every entry. Why did they even add this?

Here are some others, for the other paradox Pokemon:
Code:
DEV_ADONFAN = 978
DEV_AMOROBARERU = 979
DEV_AREAKOIRU = 981
DEV_APURIN = 982
DEV_AMUUMA = 983
DEV_AURUGAMOSU = 984
DEV_BDONFAN = 986
DEV_BURUGAMOSU = 988
DEV_BHARITEYAMA = 989
DEV_BSAZANDORA = 990
DEV_BBANGIRASU = 991
DEV_BKOORI = 992
DEV_AIGUANA = 998
DEV_BIGUANA = 999
I think stuff like this is pretty cool; are the other new Pokemon just their japanese names or do they get code names?
I could see the Perils/Calamities/Ruins having them in particular

Huh, the encounter tables have a configurable mass outbreak chance "outbreakLotvalue", but it's just set to 10% for every entry. Why did they even add this?
Wild guess is that it's either leftover data, or something they plan to alter via events.

It's possible that instead of dynamax dens featuring different pokes, they may change the kind of outbreaks you get in the overworld.

I think stuff like this is pretty cool; are the other new Pokemon just their japanese names or do they get code names?
I could see the Perils/Calamities/Ruins having them in particular
The new legendary quartet have these names:
Code:
DEV_ZYUNDEN1
DEV_ZYUNDEN2
DEV_ZYUNDEN3
DEV_ZYUNDEN4
Then you have the new starters:
Code:
DEV_NEKO1
DEV_NEKO2
DEV_NEKO3
DEV_WANI1
DEV_WANI2
DEV_WANI3
DEV_KAMO1
DEV_KAMO2
DEV_KAMO3
For comparison with the generation 1 starters:
Code:
DEV_HUSIGIDANE
DEV_HUSIGISOU
DEV_HUSIGIBANA
DEV_HITOKAGE
DEV_RIZAADO
DEV_RIZAADON
DEV_ZENIGAME
DEV_KAMEERU
DEV_KAMEKKUSU

The thing with megas is that they had diminishing returns in XY: Mega Tyranitar was a 700 BST behemoth that was... another set for Tyranitar. Same for the Mega Mewtwos; highest stat total AND individual attacking stats in the franchise... and they were each a set for Mewtwo. Mega Garchomp had that intention as well, but the speed drop was too much for it to handle. The Mega Latis were also made for XY, and said Megas consistently work as a set for the base form.

The Megas for Scizor, Pinsir and Heracross pretty much placed all 3 of them as roughly equally viable and divergent performance, as it is usually the intention with usual choices for version exclusives. And most of the stuff in the 480-540 BST range has perfectly fine megas. Mega Gengar has a busted ability for its power tho; Cursed Body should had been implemented there to begin with.

Mega Mawile was overkill tho. After mega evolving it has Raichu tier stats, so, Huge Power to compensate and give it the highest actual attacking stat with the best typing in the game. Mega Sableye as well, cue a throughly minmaxed Raichu tier 'mon. Both of those designs would have worked as 510 BST 'mons with the abilities of the base forms. Mega Audino is a bit of a waste, but, the 450 BST area is a bit of a limbo; for each Crobat or Annihilape, you get a Dusknoir or a Wyrdeer. You get Mega Absol and Mega Sharpedo, but also Mega Banette and Mega Camerupt.

And, of course, the high end ORAS Megas weren't balanced compared to the XY ones. Mega Salamence and Mega Metagross, unlike the other mega pseudos, became straight upgrades, mostly because they, rather than investing the stat increase into ludicrous numbers, just patched speed and defenses, while letting their new abilities do most of the extra damage.

And, of course, the Primals (which are kinda supposed to be OP, but, they aren't really balanced with each other), and Mega Rayquaza, which could be balanced around the primals if it wasn't for it not needing to hold an item.

The concept of a 100 BST boost with some type and ability changes is neat, but, the key point IMO are:

1. Have those changes matter more than an actual evolution would do; plenty of 'mons where an 80 BST boost up to the 530 range works far better than getting to 550 while disallowing you from using a different mega. Stuff like Beedrill should be an exception (and it works well to make those weak 'mons do something in lower tiers).

2. In high BST 'mons, have the stat increase be one that, rather than upgrading the 'mon, works as a set for it. Mega Tyranitar was great for DDtar, but Tyranitar had other sets. Mega Gyarados changed type dramatically, as well as ability; a nice discard and draw.

Those are, all in all, formes, and new toys for old 'mons.

tl;dr? Bisharp should have gotten a Mega, Mawile should have gotten a regular evo.

The new legendary quartet have these names:
Code:
DEV_ZYUNDEN1
DEV_ZYUNDEN2
DEV_ZYUNDEN3
DEV_ZYUNDEN4
Then you have the new starters:
Code:
DEV_NEKO1
DEV_NEKO2
DEV_NEKO3
DEV_WANI1
DEV_WANI2
DEV_WANI3
DEV_KAMO1
DEV_KAMO2
DEV_KAMO3
For comparison with the generation 1 starters:
Code:
DEV_HUSIGIDANE
DEV_HUSIGISOU
DEV_HUSIGIBANA
DEV_HITOKAGE
DEV_RIZAADO
DEV_RIZAADON
DEV_ZENIGAME
DEV_KAMEERU
DEV_KAMEKKUSU
For some Japanese context, first the simple:
Neko = Cat
Wani = Crocodile
Kamo = Duck

The Kanto starters, on the other hand, are literally their Japanese names.

As for the Legendary quartet, zyun is a Junrei or other weird romanization for 準/jun, meaning semi- or sub-, and den is almost certainly short for 伝説/densetsu = legend. The legendary trios/quartets/not-the-main-mons are called 準伝説 or "sub-legendary" in Japanese so there you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)