SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Half the team is simple for me: I always use my Starter and the Regional Bird, with the bird traditionally being named "Bob" or "Barbra Anne". As for the third member, well after seeing that we are getting a Bread Dog I knew I had to use it and name it "Sanallite".

If you know then you'll understand.

As for the rest of the team... good question. I'll wing it.
In modern Pokemon games I personally don't bother making a traditional team of 6. We can access the PC at anytime, so it's possible to just cycle through 6-15 favorite Pokemon during the adventure. This keeps you from overleveling the story mode too and makes it so that some of the bosses require a little caution.

By the end of the adventure, you'll have figured out who your best/favorites are, and you can put them all together in one team to tackle the Elite Four with and enter them all into the Hall of Fame. Or you can use them as your aces during gym battles. etc.

I think he means you could cut them and your playthrough wouldn't be any different lol.

Its not like NPCs are worth fighting with them, they're too strong for just dex completion use, there's no battle facility to make teams with them for, and the story is practically concluded so you can't do a playthrough with them. Basically their only 'use' on cartridge is batte spot and raids.. and even then you can create their sets in like... minutes they're even leveled high. They dont add much replayability and they don't have any playability before post game... and post game is nonexistent.
The post-game is just PvP and the future DLC packs (which we know are coming via Virizion and Suicune).

Last edited:
It is worth mentioning that we haven't seen a "battle ready" mark npc yet. If we can't find them, that's not a good sign for transfer moves, since it was needed in SWSH for letting older Pokemon play in flat BSS / VGC without their old movepools, and it's something with transfer wipes we wouldn't need at all. It is worth mentioning they could also patch that in closer to the release of Pokemon Home like they did for the PLA origin symbol in BDSP.
Just mentioning about this: the "battle ready" NPC in SwSh didn't actually show up until Isle of Armor, so its absence currently is not indicative of anything
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle-ready_symbol

Since I know there is a constant risk of what we're saying here being amplified to insanity with all of the context sawed off, please don't take what I'm saying as confirmation anything is confirmed one way or the other. If any takeaway is to be taken here, let it be we don't know if we'll have transfer moves or not.
Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that one of the potential perks that could come from a moveset wipe is the ability to move Pokemon from SV to SwSh, BDSP, or Legends with few issues, just make them have the Galar symbol in other games like how Pokemon caught in BDSP and Legends do when in Sword and Shield(Which had made them eligible for ranked battles and thus the Master Rank ribbon without the battle-ready mark)

Those are just the Japanese names for the Gen 9 Pokemon, nothing related to DLC.

If anybody's curious:
Wakkanezumi - Tandemaus
Loudbone - Skeledirge
Masquernya - Meowscararda
Heyrusher - Dondozo
Pamot - Pawmo
Perfuton - Oinkologne
Carbou - Charcadet
Exleg - Lokix
Umitrio - Wugtrio
Welkamo - Quaxwell
Wanival - Quaquaval
Irukaman - Palafin
Ikkanezumi - Maushold
Achigator - Crocalor
Tetsunobujin - Iron Valiant
Tetsunokoube - Iron Jugulis
Tetsunobara - Iron Thorns
Dinlu - Ting-Lu
Seglaive - Baxcalibur
Syaritatsu - Tatsugiri
Sakebushippo - Scream Tail
Surfugo - Gholdengo
Konoyozaru - Annihilape
Paojian - Chien-Pao
Bowltzel - Dachsbun
Parmot - Pawmot
Nyarote - Floragato
Namiiruka - Finizen
Nakanuchan - Tinkatuff
Todorokutsuki - Roaring Moon
Dodogezan - Kingambit
Dooh - Clodsire

Wait, on second thought, I just saw the text on the tweet and Uneruminamo is not anything I recognize either, so that could be the DLCmon.

What an absolute beast of a mon. I dig it.

That will 100% NOT cut it as a vs stage if VGC wants the big bucks though. Just the school track. Are you crazy?

They really fumbled it with Galar. They had the perfect setup to knock it out of the park with the stadium atmosphere. Good luck getting that going in Paldea with battle courts in the middle of quaint towns and the academy with like, 10 people watching and a default camera position like that.

Presentation matters.

By the end of the adventure, you'll have figured out who your best/favorites are,
It's all fun and games until your "best/favorites" don't fit in a single team.

alright well that's definitely Paradox Suicune then

So I guess it'd approximate to something like "Surging Waters" or "Twisted Water" or something to that effect. If normal Suicune is very calm, serene water then the paradox would emphasize a more active, violent which would fit with other past paradox names (eg: Scream, Roaring, Brute, etc) while referencing the major aspect of Suicune.

Meanwhile i bet virizion just lands on Iron Swords or something like that

That will 100% NOT cut it as a vs stage if VGC wants the big bucks though. Just the school track. Are you crazy?
I'd assume that's just a random "friendly duel" with the regular visit a friend functionality.

While ofc this is just speculation, I'd assume the actual battle spot will mimic SwSh and pick the gyms as background, or other plot relevant locations (which i'm not going over to not spoil, but basically equivalents in importance of say, the Battle Tower, or the arena of Isle of Armor)

I'm currently trying to figure out what area numbers link to what area names, and so if anyone has played through the games a fair bit and have caught a good chunk of Pokemon, please check to see if you have any Pokemon that match the below criteria.

Code:
(4)  Smoliv      (Olive Area,            Lv. 7  to Lv. 29)
(4)  Mareep      (Grass/Olive Area,      Lv. 9  to Lv. 19)
(6)  Shelgon     (Cave Area,             Lv. 42 to Lv. 58)
(6)  Flaaffy     (Mountain Area,         Lv. 37 to Lv. 40)
(7)  Zangoose    (Grass/Lake Area,       Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(7)  Seviper     (Grass/Lake Area,       Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(8)  Shinx       (Rocky Area,            Lv. 7  to Lv. 12)
(8)  Klawf       (Rocky Area,            Lv. 15 to Lv. 65)
(10) Stonjourner (Ruins/Desert Area,     Lv. 20 to Lv. 50)
(11) Flaaffy     (Grass Area,            Lv. 22 to Lv. 29)
(12) Persian     (Grass/Town Area,       Lv. 28 to Lv. 47)
(13) Impidimp    (Forest Area,           Lv. 16 to Lv. 36)
(13) Morgrem     (Forest Area,           Lv. 32 to Lv. 42)
(13) Shroodle    (Forest Area,           Lv. 5  to Lv. 32)
(13) Grafaiai    (Forest Area,           Lv. 29 to Lv. 51)
(14) Rolycoly    (Mine/Cave Area,        Lv. 5  to Lv. 23)
(14) Carkol      (Mine Area,             Lv. 25 to Lv. 34)
(15) Steenee     (Forest Area,           Lv. 21 to Lv. 47)
(17) Snom        (Snow/Mountain Area,    Lv. 10 to Lv. 40)
(18) Slowbro     (Lake/River/Beach Area, Lv. 37 to Lv. 56)
(18) Dragonair   (Lake Area,             Lv. 50 to Lv. 54)
(18) Forretress  (Forest Area,           Lv. 45 to Lv. 56)
(18) Dondozo     (Lake Area,             Lv. 49 to Lv. 65)
(21) Wigglytuff  (Mountain Area,         Lv. 40 to Lv. 60)
(22) Arcanine    (Bamboo/Rocky Area,     Lv. 47 to Lv. 65)
(22) Houndoom    (Rocky/Cave Area,       Lv. 24 to Lv. 60)
I'll be updating this message as I go through the list and find encounters only linked to a single area.
This is met location and met level per the summary

Code:
shinx        south province (area three)    lv 8
klawf        south province (area three)    lv 15
stonjourner    asado desert            lv 21
flaafy        west province (area two)    lv 22
persian        dalizapa passage        lv 32
impidimp    tagtree thicket            lv 25
morgrem        tagtree thicket            lv 32
shroodle    tagtree thicket            lv 5
rolycoly    east province (area three)    lv 23
carkol        east province (area three)    lv 25
steenee        east province (area one)    lv 21
snom        dalizapa passage        lv 35
slowbro        casseroya lake            lv 52
forretress    socarrat trail            lv 52
dondozo        casseroya lake            lv 51
wigglytuff    north province (area one)    lv 52
houndoom    north province (area two)    lv 50

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
Did we have the answer for Cyclizar Sub being 25 or 50% of his health worth ?
And for Raging Fist taking into account damage taken by Sub ?

...On that topic, part of me is wondering whether Bisharp is used over Kingambit if both use Defiant. That extra speed will actually matter (e.g. defensive Gholdengo Subs up on max. Speed Adamant Kingambit due to outspeeding the croucher), and we previously weren't complaining about Bisharp's lack of power (although Bisharp losing Knock Off for now will hurt).
The power differential is gonna be massive since Bisharp has less base attack and no access to Kowtow Cleave. He only gets Nightslash this time around until Knockoff is (hopefully) available with Home being added this Spring. That said, the 20 base extra speed still makes Bisharp well worth using thanks to SD/Defiant alone.

I was thinking about Kingambit this morning and how it could be used competitively and then I remembered. Eviolite Bisharp. :psynervous:
Eviolite Bisharp is not gonna be great on the other hand. Bulkwise, it's basically identical to Kingambit, and it loses access to an item which is an enormous downside since it doesn't have Knockoff and has to rely on Nightslash. The strength gap will be dramatic.

If you're going for a bulky set, I think Kingambit is the way to go. You'll have to think of him entirely differently than you did Bisharp in the past because it has the bulk to take advantage of its typing, while also having a ton of free damage. Despite being slow as hell, it may actually end up being more versatile thanks to the fact that even its uninvested bulk is terrific, it can take advantage of stealth rocks and twave, it has 2 great abiities instead of one, and it has a sky high attack stat that can be stacked with items and Overlord boosts which could make it the scariest sucker punch user in the game. I have a lot of high hopes for this thing.

Seriously? They got scrubbed out already? Good
Well, they weren't in SwSh either, but back when I learned that we have ability/moves listing and description in game, I went checking out of curiosity, and actually did post (a million posts ago) how Pursuit, Hidden Power and Return/Frustration weren't in the game.
It's also how we learned that some sus abilities like the Primals' or Parental Bond are actually mentioned in the ingame wiki, which is interesting.

Plus, for all you conspiracists, I'd point that a moveset wipe would actually be a detriment toward maintaining active Home subscriptions. If your pokemon are moveset wiped moving forward, you'll hardly be compelled to move them and you'd rather keep them in SwSh and just catch new ones, and this would apply to future gens too.
Considering how many times I hear that "GameFreaks are greedy capitalist b****rds reeee" in this forums, it'd be pretty weird for greedy capitalists to implement a mechanic that actually punishes spending money.
GameFreak make strange decisions indeed.

To be fair, leveling the playing field so people aren't immensely punished for not collecting very time limited Pokemon/movesets would make an easier point of entry for newcomers, leading to more people having further engagement with the game, franchise, and (hopefully from GameFreak's perspective) purchases. Also, save bonus sorta took over as rewards for keeping old games.

Last edited:
This is met location and met level per the summary

Code:
shinx        south province (area three)    lv 8
klawf        south province (area three)    lv 15
stonjourner    asado desert            lv 21
flaafy        west province (area two)    lv 22
persian        dalizapa passage        lv 32
impidimp    tagtree thicket            lv 25
morgrem        tagtree thicket            lv 32
shroodle    tagtree thicket            lv 5
rolycoly    east province (area three)    lv 23
carkol        east province (area three)    lv 25
steenee        east province (area one)    lv 21
snom        dalizapa passage        lv 35
slowbro        casseroya lake            lv 52
forretress    socarrat trail            lv 52
dondozo        casseroya lake            lv 51
wigglytuff    north province (area one)    lv 52
houndoom    north province (area two)    lv 50
Could I ask where "Dalizapa Passage" and "Socarrat Trail" are? Are these part of "Glaseado Mountain"?

Well, they weren't in SwSh either, but back when I learned that we have ability/moves listing and description in game, I went checking out of curiosity, and actually did post (a million posts ago) how Pursuit, Hidden Power and Return/Frustration weren't in the game.
It's also how we learned that some sus abilities like the Primals' or Parental Bond are actually mentioned in the ingame wiki, which is interesting.
Remember that the Dexited moves in SwSh still had plenty of information, even if AFAIK they wouldn't even turn up if looked for:

The game recognized Signal Beam as a 75 BP, 100% accurate, special Bug move with 15 base PP.

Honestly, that one and Jump Kick were the weirdest cuts (well, clutter cleaning for some; nevermind that the B team had been using them for movepool expansions for a long time).

Hidden Power needed a rework (being tied to Tera type, quite frankly, would work for it). And Pursuit... Pursuit is weird, in that it makes no-win conditions for stuff weak to it. If you switch out, you eat a Crunch anyway. For all the vitriol Knock Off and Scald get, I always found Pursuit to be the most anti-meta move. I do not miss it as it was; perhaps if it was merely "hits the switching out 'mon instead of the switching in one", rather than the no-win condition it was...

As for Return/Frustration, truth to be told, I'd find Body Slam and Double Edge being widespread to be a nice compromise. Please no crap like having half of the normals using Façade instead tho, leave that for Guts users.

(Scald going down to Scorching Sands' base power could work nicely; Knock Off... perhaps a 40 BP would work, like Rapid Spin)

And, personally, I'd have HOME having the ability to teach, well, teachable moves from linked games to any Pokemon deposited there. Say, Houndoom is flagged as able to learn Scorching Sands, and, you have a Houndoom in HOME and SwSh linked to HOME? Well, for some of the points HOME generates, you could teach said Houndoom Scorching Sands.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned yet, in relation to move preservation, the fact that transfers from the 3DS games and earlier are about to be permanently discontinued. That's another possible motivation to deal with the legacy moves problem in a more blunt way.
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...ices-will-be-available-at-no-cost-to-players/

Bank is becoming free.

When Guard Dog says that it "boosts Attack if intimidated" does this mean that Intimidate (not all Attack debuffs, just Intimidate) gets the Contrary effect, or just that it gets negated with an immediate +1 after the -1 happens?

While ofc this is just speculation, I'd assume the actual battle spot will mimic SwSh and pick the gyms as background, or other plot relevant locations
Exactly. Of course, we don't need actual spoilers or anything beyond trailer footage tbh.

We've seen the Grass and Ice gyms in trailers. Do they strike you as anything memorable/hype?

But if we're going to be honest, it's too early to have this discussion. Let's wait until the DLC.

Could I ask where "Dalizapa Passage" and "Socarrat Trail" are? Are these part of "Glaseado Mountain"?
Dalizapa is where the test Gallade was found.

Btw, if you want Dawn Stones, the sparkling spots there are your best bets outside of shopping. The one near the cave's entrance going to the Pokécenter looks almost guaranteed to be one. As long as you get any Ghost to run from any wild, you should be fine. Gladio

Socarrat Trail though... No idea.

We've seen the Grass and Ice gyms in trailers. Do they strike you as anything memorable/hype?
Mmm there's a handful of the gyms that were pretty cool to me.

That said, I suppose you are right since some of the gyms are uhm... kinda a bit too "normal".

Maybe they will have a special arena for battle spot.
Or they won't and we'll just have a field trip with our classmates o_o

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)