SPOILERS! Scarlet & Violet Leaks Thread - Data/Mechanics

Is there any new information on the Paradox phenomenon presented in the DLC?
At least one poster claims the DLC implies that Paradox Pokemon are pulled from alternate, parallel enough timelines.
Given that you can trigger an event where you meet up with (alternate universe?) past Prof. Sada/Turo and give them a book that they later record as having received, and you've already read that record...who knows, maybe someone constructed Iron Valiant based on Mega Gallade and Mega Gardevoir and dreamed up Roaring Moon from records of Mega Salamence in those alternate timelines and they are indirectly from people's imaginations after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually very impressed with the new Pokémon. They all seem to have strong traits without being too much for standard play.

Archaludon: The stat distribution is a big improvement over Duraludon and Stamina is a great ability for something with 90/130 physical defence. Electro Shot will make it an excellent addition to rain teams since it's not only stronger than Thunder but it also gives a free +1 Sp.Atk boost every time it's used. Seriously this move is stupid lol. Its only weakness is its Sp.Def which can be patched up with an Assault Vest. A set comprising of Electro Shot, Flash Cannon, Draco Meteor, and Aura Sphere/Dragon Pulse has the potential to be devastating on rain. You can even go mixed since it has 105 Attack and has access to Earthquake, Stone Edge and Heavy Slam.

Hydrapple: This thing reminds me a lot of Tangrowth what with it having similar bulk (106/110/80 vs 100/125/50) and Regenerator. It even has sleep shenanigans with Yawn instead of Sleep Powder. The main difference between to the two is that Hydrapplin is stronger and has a Dragon secondary typing which is both a blessing and a curse. It loses a Fire Weakness and upgrades three 2x resists to 4x resists but also gains a 4x weakness and additional weaknesses to Fairy and Dragon. Offensively it doesn't have amazing coverage but what it has is good enough. Giga Drain for recovery, Earth Power to hit Steel and Fire types and Fickle Beam for a potentially stronger nuke than Draco Meteor. Speaking of, if Fickle Beam's high damage chance is 30% or higher I can see this move being a problem. I think this mon will be a massive pain for the likes of Ogrepon-W and Rillaboom while also being a decent physical wall in general.

Gouging Fire: If Archaludon is a great addition to rain teams then this guy will be same for sun teams. Protosynthesis + Flare Blitz will make this thing a nuke in the Sun and it even gets EQ to hit Heatran. It can also go defensive with solid 105/121/93 bulk and access to a Protect that burns as well as Morning Sun and even Dragon Tail. This could be a decent check to Gambit.

Raging Bolt: Higher Sp.Atk than Darkrai and has access to stronger STAB moves and has Protosynthesis and solid bulk? Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that it also has a Special Electric type Sucker Punch? It has little to no coverage but Electric/Dragon hits everything in OU for at least neutral and 137 Sp.Atk Thunderbolts and Dracos are gonna hurt even if they're not super effective.

Iron Boulder: Fantastic speed tier outspeeding the likes of Meowscarada, Cinderace and Iron Valiant while also having a STAB 100% accurate physical Rock move with good BP and solid coverage with Close Combat + Earthquake and a great boosting move in Swords Dance. This has the potential to be a devastating late game cleaner with Booster Energy sets.

Iron Crown: Probably the weakest of the new batch but still decent overall. Losing 10 points in Speed compared to Cobalion sucks but it does have solid bulk and access to a ton of boosting moves + Stored Power. Tachyon Cutter is a good but not ground-breaking exclusive move that's at least a slight improvement over Flash Cannon.

Terapagos: Very interesting Pokémon which surprisingly doesn't seem crazy OP at first glance. It's blessed with an amazing movepool which features coverage to hit near enough everything, Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin give it great hazard control especially since it has the bulk and coverage to not fear Gholdengo. The real crazy stuff comes with its Stellar Form which has absolutely ridiculous bulk comparable to the most defensive Ubers. Combine this with Calm Mind and Stored Power and you have a near unkillable monster on your hands. Having said that, it does come at the cost of using your Tera. It also lacks recovery and is susceptible to all forms of hazards making HDB almost mandatory. If this form ends up being broken then my hope is that only the Stellar form is banned and regular Terapagos can remain OU.

Overall some very solid additions that I can't wait to try on the ladder.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
game freak really isn't beating the sexism allegations with this dlc is it. first the indeedee thing and now this
I'm late to this discussion but it's pretty clear to me that Female Indeedee doesn't get Expanding Force because it is much more viable than Male Indeedee in VGC (Which is the format they balance for), being a staple for this gen when paired with Armarouge for every format since the gen started

I'm late to this discussion but it's pretty clear to me that Female Indeedee doesn't get Expanding Force because it is much more viable than Male Indeedee in VGC (Which is the format they balance for), being a staple for this gen when paired with Armarouge for every format since the gen started
oh, there's an actual reason for it. thanks for informing me, i don't know much about vgc, so i thought this was just some bizarre arbitrary choice. well, i'm glad they at least saved vgc from the scourge of female indeedee. now let me go look at what incineroar got

And yet Incineroar now gets helping hand despite being the #1 most used Pokemon on VGC, GF's balance is completely out of whack

I'm so glad Archaludon wound up getting SUPER special treatment with 600 BST on top of excellent stats in every area and very generous movepool buffs. They did a good job of making this Pokemon feel like an evolution. I'm not sure if it will be better than hisui goodra, but it certainly is quite distinct with its unique tools and I hope it sees some success in OU.

Hydrappl is awesome too. Carries a lot the same traits good OU Pokemon have, like the Plot + Recover Combo, good defensive stats, regen, and an alright move pool. I see it having a lot of potential in OU as a Waterpon check.
I think that it will probably see more use than Hisuian Goodra as this pokemon hits way harder than it and can set rocks and even run roar, as it has the utility that Hoodra lacks. Plus its got the ability to run scarf pretty well with its speed tier and be a good rain Mon to boot. 65 special defense is ouch but its bulk is good enough to take a hit from some things. Anyway I think Archaludon will probably find a place here, and if it does drop its probably gonna sit in UUBL until the meta calms down most likely, since I don't see anything in UU being able to switch into it.

So Khu alleged that the PKHex feature and Tera Forms were left on the cutting room floor, among a bunch of other things. I can see them putting the PKHex thing in a future update, but the forms must've been a painful cut for them to make. This DLC came in EXTREMELY hot.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think that it will probably see more use than Hisuian Goodra as this pokemon hits way harder than it and can set rocks and even run roar, as it has the utility that Hoodra lacks. Plus its got the ability to run scarf pretty well with its speed tier and be a good rain Mon to boot. 65 special defense is ouch but its bulk is good enough to take a hit from some things. Anyway I think Archaludon will probably find a place here, and if it does drop its probably gonna sit in UUBL until the meta calms down most likely, since I don't see anything in UU being able to switch into it.
Its Special bulk is passable, especially considering Arch has a more than decent defensive typing. If you abuse resists then it'll be fine and find ways to come in.

My issue is the Speed. It still might not be enough, especially since it has a bad Iron Valiant matchup.
So Khu alleged that the PKHex feature and Tera Forms were left on the cutting room floor, among a bunch of other things. I can see them putting the PKHex thing in a future update, but the forms must've been a painful cut for them to make. This DLC came in EXTREMELY hot.
DM: "Roll Deception with disadvantage."

Last edited:
I'm predicating a Pokemon Day update either announced or released in February for Pecharunt, with Koraidon/Miraidon forms being a faint possibility. I'll push to more likely if we know if the next VGC Worlds includes Restricted Legendaries.
koraidon/ miraidon formes? arent they already paradox forms of cyclizar?

Male Indeedee gets Expanding Force because it's meant to be the more offensive of the two. It's the same reason Meowstic-M gets a bunch of utility moves while Meowstic-F gets more offensive coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)